Yoongi - A Weekend With His Daughter

Requested by @DawnMorningGlory

Yoongi's P.O.V

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

I sigh and stand up from my desk chair. Don't people know that I don't like to be bothered while I'm in my studio?
"Wha- Oh. Hi, (Y/n)," I say, changing my tone as I see it's her. We've been separated for three years, so why is she showing up now?
"Yoongi, I know we're not together anymore, but it's time for you to spend some time with your daughter. She barely even knows her own father. She's staying with you this weekend," she says, shoving a purple bag and carseat into my arms.
"Where is she?" I ask, nervous to see the both of them.
"It's ok, Dae-hyun. This is Daddy," (Y/n) says as she steps aside to reveal a small girl. She looks timid as she holds onto her mothers hand.
"Don't spend the whole weekend working on your music. No sweets right before bedtime and absolutely no scary movies. If you go out, never let her out of your sight. Hold her hand, because there's people that would love to snatch her up. Make sure she brushes her teeth and has a bath every night. I understand that your music is important, but your daughter is more important," she says as she ushers her into my studio and closes the door.
The awkward silence sets in as the small girl shyly glances up at me.
"H-hi. I'm Yoo- Your dad. I don't know if you remember me since you were very young the last time I saw you," I say, nervously stooping down in front of her. She backs away, making my heart break.
"Uhh do you want to go to my house for supper? One of my roomates is a really good cook and he can make whatever you like. What's your favorite food?" I ask as I sit on the floor.
She pauses for a moment before shyly answering.
"Macaroni and cheese," she mutters.
"I'm sure he can make that. Let's go ask him," I say as I stand up and grab our things.
As we leave the studio, I remember what Y/n had told me.
"Hold her hand, because there's people that would love to snatch her up."
"Your mom wants me to hold your hand. Is that ok?" I ask as I hoist the bags on my other arm and hold out my hand.
She contemplates what she should do for a moment before hesistantly grabbing my hand.
As we walk out of the company building, the guards walk us to my car and I set up her carseat. Once it is finished, I help her climb into the car and buckle her in.
"Is there any msuic you want to listen to, Dae-hyun?" I ask as I crank the car up.
"Love Scenario by iKon!" she says, getting excited. I glance into the rearview mirror and see her smiling, a smile of my own spreading across my face.
Dae-hyun sings to the song and does her little dance in the carseat as we make our way to the dorm. The drive was very short, so we arrive in no time, but without the music, the awkwardness quickly returns. Once inside, I call for Jin Hyung.
"What's u- Who's this?" Jin asks as he walks into the room and sees Dae-hyun.
"This is my daughter, Dae-hyun. Dae-hyun, this is your Uncle Jin. He's the one that's the good cook," I explain and introduce them.
"Hey, Miss Dae-hyun. How are you today?" he says as he leans down to speak to her.
"Okay. Daddy said you'd make me macaroni and cheese for supper," she says, looking up at him.
"I see. You're in luck. I just got a whole box that I can make just for you," he smiles.
She smiles and jealousy tugs at me. She loves Jin but is still wary of me?
The rest of the boys walk into the room to see who else is here, and immediatley fawn over how cute she is.
"Dae-hyun, these are your other uncles. The one on the left is Jimin, then Jungkook, then Namjoon, then Taehyung. and Hoseok, but you can call him Hope if you like. Everyone, this is my daughter, Dae-hyun. Don't swarm her," I say.
They all nods and respect that wish. Seeing as she is comfortable with them already, I make my way to the kitchen where Jin hyung is making her macaroni.
"It's been so long since I've seen her," Jin says as he dumps the noodles into the boiling water.
"Me too. Honestly, I didn't think I'd get to see her again since Y/n and I split up. It had to be hard on her, and now she's practically scared of me. How do I get her to like me?" I sigh.
"I didn't know Mr. 'I want to be a stone in my next life' had feelings," he jokes, "How about you take her out for a daddy-daughter day?"
"What would we do? I don't even know what her favorite places to go are. I'm a terrible father," I ask, shame falling over me.
"Let's get to know her over supper tonight. I made some japchae earlier for us to have, and I'm sure the little miss will love the macaroni. Don't act nervous around her. You're her father and her rock. Let her see that she can lean on you," he says as he stirs the noodles.
"Am I that scary? She took to you and the others pretty quick, but the only time she smiled with me was when I played her favorite song."
"That's a step forward. You figured out her favorite song and her favorite food. Why don't you take her to the mall and let her choose what stores to go in?" Jin suggests as he retrieves the noodles from the fridge and heats them up.
"That's a good idea. We can also go to the candy store and I can take her to get her nails done or something. That's what girls like, right?I say, finally making some progress with myself.
"Yes. She's gonna love it," he says as he brings the food to the table and sets out plates.
"Thanks man. And yes, this stone does have feelings," I laugh as I go to get her and the boys.
As I walk into the living room, I see that Dae-hyun has already met Yeontan. The fluffy ball of fur is happy as can be as he sits in her lap and continually kisses her. I smile at the sight before calling out to them.
"It's supper time. You too, Tan," I say.
The boys all rush off to their bathrooms to wash their hands and the small girls looks to me, unsure of where to go. I motion for her to follow me and walk to my bathroom. Seeing as the sink is too high for her to reach, I pull out the tiny step stool from my cabinet and help her wash her hands.
After supper, a movie, and a bath, bedtime has arrived. To make her more comfortable, I let her sleep in my bed as I lay on a floor pallet next to it. Before we know it, morning approaches and it's time for our day. For breakfast, I make French toast and then helped her get ready.
"Do you want your blue dress or your purple one?" I ask as I pull the clothes out of her overnight bag and hold them up for her.
"Blue!" she says happily.
I smile at the fact that she's finally starting to warm up to me and help her change.
"Your dress is very pretty, Dae," I say, trying my best attempt to complement her as I assist her in brushing her hair.
"Thank you," she smiles.

        Ok, she accepted it. That's good, right?

Small Time Skip~

"Where would you like to go first? We can go to the mall, the nail salon, or the candy store-"
"Candy store!" she squeals.
"To the candy store we go then," I say as we begin the drive there.
Once at the store, she excitedly grabs my hand and basically drags me to the entrance as I try to put on my mask and sunglasses with one hand. Her face lights up as she sees a whole isle filled with gummy bears. I let her pick out a couple things, but not too much. At the checkout, the older woman behind the counter rings up the sweets and bags them.
"I love your dress, sweetie," she says, making Dae-hyun smile.
"Thank you," she says.
"What's our next stop?" I ask as we get settled back in the car.
"Can we go to the nail salon now?" she asks whilst eating a gummy bear.
"Yep. Just don't eat too many gummy bears. You'll spoil your lunch," I say as we leave the parking lot.
"Daddy, why do you have to wear a mask and hat and sunglasses when you go out?" she asks with a confused look on her face.
"Well.... Daddy is in a band that a lot of people know about and this day is about you and me only," I explain as best as I can.
She seems to have accepted my answer and resumes eating her gummy bears.
After arriving at the salon, the nail technician takes the lead in finding out what she wants. The two of them decide on a sparkly blue to match her dress. The small girl smiles as the woman sets her up in a chair and prepares to paint her nails.
"All done! You look fabulous, Miss Dae-hyun!" the woman says as she turns off the dryer.
"Thank you! Look, Daddy!" she says excitedly as she shows off her nails.
"They're very pretty," I say, smiling through my mask.
"Thank you!" she says, her face lighting up at the compliment.
As I pay for the visit, Dae-hyun smiles and looks at her nails the whole time. I thank the woman for making her happy and walk her back to the car.
"Are you ready for the mall?" I ask.
"Yes!" she says happily.
While in the mall, we pick out a few keep sakes and a few fun things. This includes some new clothes, a big stuffed animal, toys, and a matching father-daughter bracelet set that she insists on getting.
"Do you want to go to Corillo's for lunch? They have some great macaroni and cheese there," I say as we, once again, get in the car.
She nods and continues playing with her stuffed animal.

Small Time Skip~

        "Is your macaroni good?" I ask her as I take a bite of my noodles.
        "Mmhmm," she mumbles, clearly bothered by something.
        "What's wrong?" I question.
        "I... have to pee," she whispers shyly.
        Oh....
        She's too young to go in the women's bathroom by herself, but should I really take her in the men's bathroom? I guess I don't have a choice. Hopefully there wont be others in there since the restaurant isn't that crowded today.
        "Come on, I'll take you," I say as I stand up and hang my jacket on the chair to let the waitress know that we haven't left yet.
        She hops out of her chair and walks very close to me towards the bathroom. She looks nervous to go in the men's room, since she's always been with her mom and gone in the women's room.
        "It's ok, Dae-hyun. Nobody will bother you. I'm with you," I say, opening the door and leading her inside.
        I walk her to a stall and go to shut the door for her, but she tugs at my hand, as if telling me she doesn't want to go in there by herself. A bit shook myself, I step inside the stall and face the door, leaving Dae-hyun to do her business. Once she is done, we exit the stall and approach the sinks. I turn the water on and lift her up so she can reach. After washing her hands, I set her down and hand her some paper towels to dry her hands with, but she motions for me to come closer. Confused, I listen and lean down.
        To my surprise she kisses me on the cheek. This alone makes my heart melt. She actually likes me now.
        "Thank you, Daddy," she says shyly making my heart melt even more.
        "No problem, Dae," I say as I hug her for the first time in 3 years. She hugs me back, giving me the peace that she's finally comfortable around me.

A/N~ Hey, I hope this was everything you pictured. I enjoyed writing it, but if there is something you would like done different, let me know and I'll make it happen :)