13.

Nobodies POV

At the outside of a barn, with Monica sitting outside on the bench and Maria trying to stop her from coming inside.

"Why can't I listen to?" Monica ask

Monica puts earplugs in her ears and Maria walks inside, revealing a study. Vers, Fury, Freya, Logan and Talos are already inside, waiting for Maria to play the tape.

"It's good to see you again Freya." Talos speaks up

Freya crosses her eyes and stares coldly at Talos, she still doesn't trust him yet.

Talos gives her a smirk but flinches when the flerken runs his tail on his leg.

Freya chuckles and she gently picks up the small animal, cradling it in her arms.

Goose purrs and curls his tail around her arm, feeling safe with the Asgardian.

Maria puts the CD in the computer tower and the computer begins loading the tape.

A loading bar appears on the screen, with the bar moving slowly across the screen.

"What's happening?" Vers ask "It's loading." Fury says

Looking at the screen, with the tape almost loaded. "Punch in the coordinates. 5229, -47, 8.768, 0.2." Lawson says, audio.

"Copy that. Where are we going Doc?" Vers says, audio. "My laboratory." Lawson says, audio.

"Your laboratory? What do you mean?" Vers ask, audio. "Oh no." Lawson says, audio.

"Is that... Wait, what is that? It's not showing up on my radar." Vers says, audio.

"Go Carol. Fly!" Lawson yells, audio.

Freya and Logan look to each other, dreading what their about to hear.

....

A flashback of the inside the airplane, with Vers in the cockpit and Lawson directly behind her. Outside the window, Earth can be seen with other planes flying around it.

"That's no MIG, Lawson. Who the hell are they?" Vers ask

"Those are the bad guys. Fly faster, now." Lawson says "Yes, ma'am." Vers says

Vers pushes a lever forward, causing the plane to speed up. The plane following them als also speeds up to catch them. The dogfight between the two planes continue, with Vers pushing the lever sideways in an effort to escape the other plane.

"What do they want?" Vers ask

"Me. My work. I never should have brought you along." Lawson says "Here come some G's." Vers says

Vers pulls the lever backwards, causing the plane to flip in the air. After the flip, Vers and Lawson are trailing the other plane.

However, when Vers fires the other plane fires back. "They're firing backward. Hold on!" Vers yells

Vers pushes the lever sideways and the plane tilts into another revolution.

However, the plane is hit and the wing bursts into flames. Vers struggles to regain control of the plane, but fails to do so.

"Bail out! Bail out! Bail out! Stay with me Lawson!" Vers yells

Vers ejects the cockpit from the plane, and struggles to regain control.

Once Vers has aligned the plane parallel to the ground, the plane crashes into a beach.

"Danvers, do you copy?" Maria ask "Yeah, I copy. We hit ground." Vers says

"Can anyone hear me?" Maria ask "Yeah. I copy! Doc?" Vers yells

Vers climbs out of the plane and attends to Lawson, whose head is slumped against her chest. Once Vers removes Lawson's helmet, she notices something is wrong.

"Your blood... it's blue." Vers says "Yeah, but, uh...how's my hair? Help me out." Lawson says

Vers unbuckles Lawson's seatbelt and helps her out of the plane.

"I have to destroy it before they get here." Lawson says

Vers helps Lawson walk a few steps away from the plane before Lawson falls over. Vers leans over Lawson and tries to help her stand up, but Lawson refuses.

"What? Lawson?" Vers ask "You remember what I said about our work here? What it's for?" Lawson ask

"To end wars?" Vers als

"Yeah. But the wars are bigger than you know. Damn it! My name is not Lawson. My real name, is Mar-Vell and I come from a planet called Hala." Lawson says

"I would say that your delusional but we just got shot down by a spaceship and your blood is blue." Vers says

"Listen, I spent half my life fighting a shameful war. Now skedaddle before you give me any more regrets. Just remember the coordinates, okay? You've got to save them without me." Lawson says

"Save who? How?" Vers ask

Lawson ignores Vers' questions and pulls a gun out of her jacket.

"I've got to blow this engine before they find it." Lawson says

Lawson sits up and attempts to shoot the plane, but she is shot through the heart by an attacker from the other ship.

Vers watches Lawson fall and sits there in shot watching the assailant.

Suddenly, Vers reaches for Lawson's gun and points in the direction of the attacker.

Vers switches between looking at Lawson lying on the ground and the direction of the attacker.

Eventually, Yon-Rogg appears walking towards Vers and Lawson. Vers, with her gun drawn, slowly walks towards the plane.

"We have no interest in hurting you." Yon-Rogg says

"No?! Because all the shooting kinda gave me the wrong impression!" Vers yells "The energy core, where is it?" Yon-Rogg says

"Pararescue's on the way. You have two minutes until you're surrounded." Vers says

"Then I see no reason to prolong this conversation." Yon-Rogg says

Yon-Rogg draws his gun and points it towards Vers.

"No wait." Vers says

Vers gestures towards the engine of the plane. "You mean that energy core?" Vers ask

Both Vers and Yon-Rogg look at the engine of the plane.

Vers then turns her weapon towards the engine, "I'm sorry mom." Freya whispers and fires.

Immediately, the engine bursts into blue and orange flames, causing Vers and Yon-Rogg to be thrown backward.

Vers absorbs the energy, with the flames creating ripples around her.

All around the crash site, rocks are turned into dust and trees disintigrate. Vers continues to absorb the energy, her hands begin to spark and her eyes glow bright blue.

Shortly afterwards, the blast suddenly stops and Carol is thrown backward onto the ground, with her body still sparking.

Yon-Rogg struggles to stand up, and watches Vers from his seated position. Yon-Rogg's team heard the noise and have suddenly appeared.

"Commander, she's still moving. Permission to fire?" Minn-Erva ask "Hold your fire." Yon-Rogg says

Yon-Rogg walks up to the still-sparking Vers.

"There's nothing left. The core has been destroyed." Minn-Erva says

Yon-Rogg continues looking at Vers, but notices a part of her dog-tag sitting in the dirt. He picks it up and sees Vers inscribed on it.

"She absorbed its power. She's coming with us." Yon-Rogg says