Playing Hooky

Emmett's POV

It's been four days since the incident in Leo's bedroom. He won't let me sleep alone, or let me be in a room by myself. When I use the bathroom, I have to leave the door unlocked. Frank didn't find out about any of what happened. I wear long-sleeved clothing so he can't see the new scars on my arm. It took three days for the bleeding to stop. Frank has absolutely no clue that Leo and I are together. I'm surprised that he hasn't walked in on us making out. I swear to god, Leo and I have the most heated make-out sessions. It's a bit sad that we haven't done anything yet.

Right now I am laying in bed with Leo beside me. His arms are tightly wrapped around me and his face is pressed against the crook of my neck.

"Babe, are you still awake?" I whispered out to him, hoping for a response. I can't stop getting the image of my father's punishment for me the night before I left.

His hands roaming around my body. I was bent over the counter. He tied my wrist together. It was the worst of them all that night.

"Yes," Leo mumbled. He sounded half-asleep. I felt bad. I can deal with this on my own. I don't need to burden him with my issues.

"Never mind. Go to sleep." I pushed against him so I could get as close as possible. I needed the feeling of reassurance, and I hoped that being closer to him would help, but it didn't. Leo brushes his nose against my neck.

"Emmett, what's wrong?" His voice was still low and a bit raspy.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Leo let go of me and then sat up.

"Bullshit." I turned over to look at him. He had dark circles under his eyes. He looked just like he sounded.

"Go to sleep. You're obviously tired." Leo glared down at me.

"Don't change the subject. What's wrong?" He sounded fully awake now. His arms were crossed against his chest.

"Leo, can we please talk about this later. I'm sorry if I woke you up." I flipped back over so my back was facing him. He let out a gentle sigh.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" Leo sounded desperate at this point. I felt like shit. I shouldn't have said anything. I can do this on my own, I don't need his help.

"I don't want to." Leo pulled on my shoulder, causing me to turn around to face him again.

"Why do you continue to push me away?" He looked a bit sad, but I need to figure this shit out on my own.

"I'm not trying to push you away. I can deal with this on my own." Leo's face looked pained after I said that.

"I'm here so you don't have to do stuff on your own. I want to know what is bothering you." I sat up and leaned against him. Was I really going to tell him? I'm such a wimp. I can't do anything by myself.

"I can't stop thinking about what happened the last night I was with him." Leo pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me.

"What do you want to do about that?" His voice was much calmer now.

"I just want to be with you. I want you to tell me that I don't have to think about that anymore. Leo, I feel so alone." Tears welled up in my eyes when I spoke the last sentence. Leo kissed my cheek.

"I will be here for you, always. I would love to tell you that you don't need to think about it anymore, but I'm sorry to tell you that it's up to you to stop thinking about it. Emmett, you are never alone as long as I'm here." I curled up on his lap with my head laying on his chest.

"I want to stop so bad, but I can't. He's always there. H-he won't leave me alone." Leo places kisses on top of my head. He held me as close as he could against him.