Unexpected Announcement

Emmett's POV

One month later...

Leo and I's relationship has grown stronger every day that we spend together. All of my bruises are healed. Last week I was told that my father was officially in a maximum-security prison. Turns out his 'friends' weren't good at keeping secrets. The nice old lie detector test helped a lot too. He pleaded not guilty, but I guess there was enough evidence to go against him.

He is looking at twenty years in prison and that is only if he behaves.

I thankfully turn eighteen next month. The only thing that scares me is not knowing if Frank will kick me out after my birthday.

Hiding Leo's and I's relationship has become harder to do. I think Frank is starting to suspect something. We decided that we can't sleep together anymore; just to make sure that we don't cause anymore suspicion.

It's strange sleeping by myself again. I started sleeping alone about a week ago. I have hardly gotten any shut-eye.

It feels so cold without the warmth of his body against mine.

Other than not being able to sleep next to my boyfriend; Life has been pretty great.

Today Leo wanted to tell Frank and I something during dinner. I guess I have to wait a few hours until then.

Leo is currently sitting with me in his room. I don't think I have seen him this happy before. I keep catching him sneaking glances at me out of the corner of my eye.

About the tenth time he looked at me, I decided to say something.

"Can I help you?" I said, a bit annoyed. I finally turned to look at him, only see blush spread across his cheeks, but he never averted his eyes from mine.

"It's just...I love you." I returned the smile and got up from the chair that sat across from him.

I walked over to him and placed my hand on his cheek. Our eyes stayed interlocked. My thumb brushed over the pink blush on his cheekbones. I could tell that look in his eyes any day. It was one of the few things that only I get to see; it was the look of love. Not just any love, it's like a passionate look that I usually only see when we have more intimate moments.

During these times, it helps reassure me that he actually cares about me. That he shares the same feelings for me that I do for him.

It reminds me that he is the reason why I am happy; The reason why I'm alive today.

I leaned down, closing my eyes as I placed my lips on his. The kiss felt different than all the others. It was much more passionate and needy. It wasn't sexual or rushed. It was one that I didn't want to end.

I sat down on his lap with one knee on the outside of each thigh.

The amount of emotion put into this one kiss was almost overwhelming.

Leo's tongue brushed against my bottom lip, asking for entrance. My lips slightly parted, inviting him to explore.

After a while, I pulled away from him, setting my forehead against his, our lips only inches apart.

"I love you too." Leo's hands held my waist loosely. I could feel his breath against my lips.

"I don't know how you're going to feel about what I'm going to tell both of you, but just remember that I love you." Him saying this made me feel nervous. Wouldn't anyone be nervous if their lover told them that the news your going to receive might be bad?

Was he going to leave me? I don't know what I would do without him.

You're not worth his time. I knew he wouldn't stay. You're just too damn annoying to be around.