People change

People change. The world evolves all the time, with or without you. Sometimes you accept it, sometimes you deny it. However, you always end up dealing with it one way or another. Of course, it says a lot about people or things you thought you knew. But most of all, what does it say about you?

Hi, I'm Angela. I'm eighteen years old. I'm a fan of Tokio Hotel and I don't like their new song "Love who loves you back." Sorry, you will soon learn that I'm not very good at lying.

When I was younger –around thirteen or fourteen- I had only two supports in my life: my best friend Sarah and Tokio Hotel. They helped me go through a lot of shit, especially since I had quite a poor social life and hated everything about my body, literally from head to toe. And to be honest, I still do sometimes, even if I won't tell anyone.

But for the moment, it couldn't matter less because I was about to have the chance of my life. Since my brother was the assistant of the moviemaker for Tokio Hotel's next video, I was going to meet them personally. And since I asked him –or rather begged- so kindly, so was Sarah. We had our own personal meet and greet with our favorite band for four years. How cool was that? Thinking about it, Sarah and I couldn't help giggling and singing every song we knew in the car.

"Ok girls, one more chorus and I swear I'm gonna pull over and leave you on the side of the road." my brother declared and sighed.

"Oh come on, Paul." I replied. "We're just happy for you to be on such a big project!"

"Yeah, right." Paul retorted with a smirk. "You've been happy for me for two hours now. My ears beg you to stop."

"Buzzkill." I called him with a pouty face.

"Anyway, just don't be too happy when you see them, okay? I work for them now so I don't want to look like the guy who brought groupies on the set."

"We promise!" Sarah and I replied at the same time.

"By the way, did you listen to their new songs?" I asked Sarah.

"Of course, I did. I've been listening to them non-stop for the last two days."

"So you like them, then?"

Sarah laughed.

"I don't really know. It's different, that's for sure! But yeah, I guess I like them."

"Seriously?"

"Sure. And judging by your expression, you don't." she remarked.

I hesitated.

"No, it's okay, I guess." I mumbled.

"You're always bad at lying, Angela." She said and smiled.

She knew she could get anything from me when she used my name like that. I sighed.

"You're right. I don't like it. I fucking hate it, even."

"Really? That much?"

"Yeah. I mean, what were they thinking? What's with the electro shit and the sexual innuendos in every lyric? It's disgusting! That's not the Tokio Hotel I grew up with! After missing them for so long, I just felt fucking confused and hurt and betrayed- It's like Britney Spears' "I'm a slave 4 u". I cannot believe Tokio Hotel chose the same path! Tokio Hotel for crying out loud! I just feel like my childhood was raped! It's-"

"What did I say about my eardrums?" Paul shouted at me, making me realize that I had been screaming too.

Sarah was looking at me, shocked and silent.

"Wow, so they did disappoint you." she concluded and smirked. "I guess they'd better not ask you how you feel about their new album, then."

"No, they'd better not." I agreed and we both laughed.

Yeah, I was definitely bad at being subtle. But well, Tokio Hotel was still Tokio Hotel. And even if I wasn't Sarah, who could accept and forgive anything from her favorite band, I was still glad and excited as ever to meet them face to face.

Who would've thought that it would turn to such a disaster, then?