Morning

When I opened my eyes again, I was still in Bill's room and he was still with me, asleep. Last night hadn't been a dream. However, I didn't remember putting a blanket on ourselves before we fell asleep. Plus the radio had been turned off and I could hear noises and voices downstairs. Outside, the sun was already up in the sky. Bill started fidgeting against me and, when he opened his eyes, he looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi."

"Hey."

He crawled up to me and gave me a long kiss on the lips. The way the blanket was wrapped around us reminded me of a cocoon that kept us both warm and protected from the outside world.

"So," I said awkwardly. "what's next?"

Bill grinned.

"Breakfast." he replied with a grin and took off the blanket.

I chuckled as he got up and watched him collect our clothes around the room, feeling the cool air on my skin where Bill had touched me.

"No, I mean, you know, about-" I went on and paused, unable to say the word.

As he handed me my clothes, Bill stared at me with a questioning look.

"Us?" he answered.

"Yeah," I said with a small voice. "us."

At this moment, Bill put down his stuff, sat on the bed and laced his fingers with mine.

"I mean, I don't want to disappoint you." I started, talking fast. "And I know I'm not perfect but I can try-"

"I don't know what's gonna happen to us, ok?" he cut me off with a soft voice. "I don't know if it's gonna last or if we'll end up disappointing each other. I really don't know."

When I heard these words, I bowed my head and felt tears well up in my eyes.

"But," he went on and laid his forehead against mine. "yesterday, I realized that I was right to give you a chance because you're an extraordinary girl who should never change. You are." he assured when I lightly shook my head. "And now, I'm the one afraid to disappoint you."

His words surprised me and made me smile.

"You'll never disappoint me."

"Maybe I will." he said and smirked. "Sometimes, I feel ugly and shy too, after all."

"Then I'll love you even more." I replied, threw my arms around his neck and smothered him with kisses.

"Morning, lovebirds!" Tom exclaimed when he saw us both enter the kitchen.

"Morning." I replied shyly as Bill invited me to take a seat at the table next to him.

"Now that you're finally awake, I guess you'll both have coffee, right?" Tom asked with a smirk and got up to get us both cups.

He seemed in a particularly good mood today for some reason. However, something was bothering me.

"Um, Tom," I asked. "are you the one who gave us the blanket?"

"Yep, that's me." he replied casually. "I didn't want you to catch a cold. You're welcome."

An awkward silence took place between the three of us. When I remembered Bill and myself sleeping totally naked and my breasts exposed, I blushed so hard I thought my face was going to explode and hid it in my hands. Bill took them off and kissed me on the forehead before talking to his twin in German:

"Thanks for the blanket, brother." he declared with a sarcastic smile. "Next time, could you please stay in your own room and let us have a little privacy?"

"Then next time, close the door and turn off the radio yourself, you dork." Tom replied with the same smile.

His expression then changed as he turned to me and spoke to me in English again.

"I'm glad you're here." he said and smiled sincerely as he looked at us both.

I was so happy he said that I cuddled up to Bill and kissed him on the cheek.

"Who are you talking to, honey?" I heard a familiar voice call, coming closer.

When I turned and recognized her, both she and I stood there open-mouthed.

"Hi." I greeted her.

"Hi." Sarah replied.

For once in our lives, we didn't know what else to say to say each other, feeling both happy and embarrassed at the same time. So we just stood there and laughed, soon followed by the twins.

"Great. Now I can't wait for this tour to end." Bill declared and took me on his lap.

"I'll wait for you." I said and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'll guess we'll wait together for you both then." Sarah added.

"Actually, maybe you won't have to wait at all." Tom said and glanced at his brother. "After all, we know how to handle it now. Maybe if we promise to keep an eye on you, we could-"

He paused. Bill remained silent, thoughtful.

"I guess we could, indeed. It's a big risk to take on many levels. But then, it only depends on you girls." he said and held me in his arms.

Sarah and I looked at each other. I could see the sparkle in her eyes as we both pretended to think.

"Well, I don't know, we've got so much to do here." I said and bowed my head.

When we saw them nod comprehensively with a disappointed face, Sarah couldn't help but exclaim:

"Aw, stop it guys, you're breaking my heart! Of course we're in!"

Again, they both raised their heads and smiled at the same time, making Sarah and I chuckle. Today was going to be a great day, I thought as I watched Sarah and Tom kiss. I then felt Bill's hand turn my own head to face his and I closed my eyes before kissing him on the lips. Leaving for several months to go on a continent I barely knew was a big risk for me too. But so are new relationships in general, aren't they? It implies trying something new; exploring places and situations you've never been into before. However, this time, I felt ready and strong enough to take that risk because, for the first time in my life, I knew I just needed to be myself to make the one I was in love with love me back.

Today was definitely going to be a great day.

ENDE