Silhouette

Paul sent me a message. He met a girl two days ago. He was going to sleep over at her house tonight. I texted him I got his message, wished him good night and turned off my phone. Although I had cried a little, I didn't even feel that sad. I was rather thoughtful. That night, I wanted to do something I never did before. Even though I was all alone, I still felt a little embarrassed. After I checked the entrance door, I put on one of the outfit the twins bought me, locked myself in the bathroom and turned off the lights. Only the moonlight was lighting me now. I looked at myself in the mirror. The moon shining through the window only allowed me to look at my nose, one of my eyes and a part of my stomach and legs. I then took a few steps back and slowly took off all my clothes.

In the dark, I looked at the black chubby silhouette in front of me. I had small feet, short legs, big round buttocks, large hips, a narrower chest, round shoulders and a small round head. I had a pear body shape, which was nothing surprising so far. However, I kept staring at it, watched the shadows of my legs and arms move and started to forget about all the cellulite and anything that disgusted me about my body. I just watched that round naked silhouette dance in the dark like a puppet on invisible strings. I thought about Sarah's and Bill's silhouettes next to me. I thought about that guy who had attacked me and called me "piggy". I thought about what Bill and Sarah told me. Judging doesn't make anybody right or wrong. It's just an opinion. What I saw in the mirror wasn't any different from what people saw every day. It was always the same person with the same body.

With that thought in mind, I took a few steps towards the mirror and did not hesitate when I turned on the lights. I first blinked, blinded, then looked at everything. I looked at my pale breasts, the trembling skin on my belly and the small scars of acne on my cheeks and smiled.

It wasn't that bad, after all.