A fun afternoon

When we went back and I sat back on my chair, they were just about to start again. Now, on the set, in the blue neon light, Bill was sitting on a white armchair like a king on his throne, surrounded by a group of young boys and girls in tights and torn shirts fondling each other and making out all around him. He himself was wearing tight pants, a large studded leather jacket opened on his bare chest revealing all his new tattoos and a big metallic necklace. I had to admit he looked pretty sexy and couldn't help staring at him. To me, he'd always been attractive, of course. But now, he looked more, I don't know, manly.

However, he then did something I wasn't expecting: he soon stopped singing and leaned on one of the girls by his sides, closed his eyes and kissed her on the mouth. I could still hear Paul's boss dictate directions to the actors but it seemed less and less audible. As the camera kept rolling with no music at all, the kiss continued. It was slow and they barely brushed each other's lips. The camera zoomed in and made a close-up on Bill and the girl. On the small TV-screens in front of me, the shot was so close I could almost hear them suck each other's lips and feel the air coming out of their nostrils brush their skin. They then interrupted the kiss and the girl on the other side grabbed him by the chin and kissed him deeper. Bill snaked his tongue inside her mouth and gently slid his hand on her thigh, which made me jump as I felt it on mine. Of course, there was nothing there, except my own hand which was burning like fire.

Before I knew it, I had gotten up from my chair and left in the middle of the take, pretending to go to the bathrooms again, so fast I didn't pay attention to the people who glanced at me and watched me leave. Alone in the hallway, I realized my face was red and my heart was pounding like crazy.

"What happened?" Georg asked after the take was over, looking at my chair.

"I have no idea." Gustav replied. "For a second, she was very quiet, and then she started fidgeting and left like she was running away from a ghost."

Tom suddenly smirked and looked at his brother.

"I'm telling you what happened. That girl is so prudish she just couldn't stand to watch the whole scene without fainting. I mean, a kiss with tongue? How shocking!" He exclaimed sarcastically. "I don't care what she said, I'm sure she's never had any more than a smooch from a boy. So that was too much for her to watch."

When Bill went to talk to his brother –he had noticed my departure, too- and Tom explained his theory, he nodded. They then looked at each other with a wicked smile, aware that they were now thinking the same thing: it had just given them an idea for a prank.

"This is gonna be a fun afternoon!" Bill said and put on the second costume that was given to him for the next scene.

When I finally calmed down and went back to the set, I felt somebody was watching me. I turned to the three boys sitting on the other side of the set and saw them smile and wave at me in a friendly manner as if they hadn't noticed me before. Something was wrong. Obviously, they were up to something.

To my surprise, they announced they were going to reshoot the scene where Bill was in a fur-coat and walking between couples kissing around him. But this time, I saw he was facing a blonde girl, like me.

"Ready, everyone?" Paul asked.

"Before we start," Tom suddenly stood up and declared, "maybe we should point out that if anyone feels uncomfortable with the scene, he or she might as well leave now!" he said and looked at everybody in the room before glancing at me for a second.

"I think we all feel fine. Thanks for your concern." I retorted the same way with a fake smile.

"Anyone wants some coffee and cupcakes while we're at it?" the director asked, which made the actors laugh. "Come on, back to work, people! Ready, and – Action!"

This time, the music was on but so softly it was like someone was humming in the background. The pretty blonde girl was leaning against the wall and looked Bill straight in the eyes as he stepped closer and closer to her. He was so tall he was easily towering her. He then pressed his hand against the wall behind her and touched her neck with the other one, bringing her face closer to his. As their mouths slightly opened, they weren't touching yet. The image on the screen next to me was so neat I could almost feel the heat of Bill's breath on my own skin. This had to stop but I couldn't move or look away. Suddenly, Bill's eyes snapped open and he looked directly at the camera, which made me feel like he was looking at me through the TV screen. I instinctively bowed my head to avoid his eyes before hearing discreet sneers. When I looked at the boys, they immediately turned their heads, giggling silently. So that was what was going on. They were just trying to make me blush. Still, Bill stayed in his role and kept staring at the camera as he brushed his lips against the blonde's smooth cheek and whispered in her ear, carefully articulating every syllable:

"I want you here and now, dirty bitch."

Transfixed, I felt the blood rise to my cheeks, burning from the inside like someone was filling me with boiling water. It felt so hot yet it was so humiliating it made me want to stay and leave at the same time. However, I stayed on my chair quietly, trying to look away and hide my reddened face. When I heard the final "Cut!" and heard Tom and the others burst out laughing I stayed on my chair and held back my tears with dignity. Bill and the blonde girl then hugged, giggling, and joined the rest of the group.

"You had me for a second there!" the blonde told Bill, still grinning.

"What can I say? I'm the best in town!" Bill replied, smiling brightly.

Feeling my blood cool rapidly, I got up and walked fast towards them.

"Where are you going?" Paul said and grabbed me by the arm. "We are not done yet!"

"I just want to talk to them like I said I would." I declared softly and smiled at him.

"Are you going to apologize?"

"Yes."

He hesitated but then let go of me. As I kept walking towards them again with my happy face on, the boys smiled back at me.

"Hi, Angelica! What's up? We didn't know you were here! Sorry we didn't talk to you earlier!" Tom said to me.

My legs were starting to shake again. However, like a machine, I was determined to do what I had to do and nothing else. So I ignored it, ignored Tom, ignored everything else and turned towards his brother. Looking up, although I was smaller than him, I kept smiling and slapped him hard across the face, which made the people around us gasp in shock.

"My name is Angela. And I hold on to my words: you guys are fucking morons." I said coldly and left the room, ignoring their stares.

The last image I kept of that day was Bill with a hand on his cheek, neither hurt nor angry, just trying to figure out what had happened. I then spent the rest of the day locked up in the bathrooms, hiding, before Paul came to drive me back home.