chapter two

"What are you looking at Edwards" he snarls at me. I look away ignoring him. He looked different up close in his Slytherin robes. I was scared of him but I didn't dare let him see that, I would never give him the satisfaction of that. Snape glided around the corner, his robes fluttering in the air. "Edwards...Malfoy" he nods at the both of us. He opens the classroom door and both Draco and I follow him. The room was covered in dust and I was afraid we would have to dust it. Snape continued down to the front of the room, where all the ingredients were kept. He quickly spun around to face us, "You will be putting labels on each ingredient. Do not stop until you have finished it all" he hissed. "How are we supposed to know what everything is?" Malfoy stares at Snape. "Just figure it out." Snape turned away and strutted out of the classroom, his robes flowing behind him.

I let out a huge sigh and turned to Malfoy. He was already smirking at me. "What?" I finally snapped. He looked me up and down and grumbled "Grab that book over there," He pointed towards one of the back tables. I shuffled my way over there and picked up the book, it was covered in dust so my hand brushed over it, then I tossed it at Malfoy. He stumbled as he was catching it and crashed into the wall of potion ingredients. I chuckled at his clumsiness then realised what a mess he had created. "What are you laughing at?" He angrily blurted out. I moved over to him to get a closer look at the fallen ingredients, some of the cases had cracked, but thankfully none had completed scattered and none of the vials has fallen. I bent down to pick up the Boomslang skin. There were about thirty different containers on the floor and I had no clue which came from where. "Pick it up" Malfoy snapped. I looked up at him, anger brewing in my chest. "Why are you so rude all of the time?" I turned away from him and started putting the cracked tubs back on the shelf. Malfoy stood about a meter away from me watching. After I had gotten through about half of the containers he knelt down and started to help me. "You're an idiot Mudblood"
"I'm not a mudblood" I whispered, bearly audible. "What was that?"
"I said I'm not a mudblood"
"Well you are an idiot" I stare right in the center of his grey eyes "I know you've got better insults than that Malfoy"

We finished tidying seconds before Snape bursts into the room. He looked the ingredients up and down "You haven't even started" A big lump forms in my throat and I try my best to swallow it down. "What have you even been doing all this time" He looks between Malfoy and I. "I'm sorry we had a little accident" I stared at my feet. We were supposed to have finished labelling them by now but due to Malfoy's little accident I hadn't even thought about that. "You will continue to come back here every morning until you finish. Now get to class" Snape slithered out of the classroom. I looked at Malfoy for a spit second before heading off to Defence Against the Dark Arts with Umbridge.

"Good morning, students" Umbridge squeaked from the back of the classroom "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations, O-W-L's, more commonly known as O.W.L's" The syllables were bouncing off her tongue like she was some kind of twisted fairy godmother. She went on about how we had to study for the O.W.L's and then she began  passing out textbooks that looked like they were made for first years. She mentioned how were weren't going to be using spells and Harry, Hermione and Ron then snapped at her. She refused to believe that Voldemort was back and Harry went absolutely ballistic, he was then given detention. I just knew this was going to be a terrible year thanks to Umbridge. She already sounded like a cow.

I went back to the common room after class with Parvati and I couldn't help but eavesdrop into everyone's conversations about how ridiculous Umbridge was. Fred and George Weasley were offering around sweets that that were probably hexed or something. "That Umbridge is crazy" I said to her as we sat down. "I know" she agreed with me.
The rest of the day went pretty quickly and soon enough I was falling asleep in my dorm.

I woke up early again the next morning for my now daily detention with Snape and Malfoy. I pulled on my Gryffindor robes and went down to the dungeons. When I arrived they were already in the classroom. "You're late Edwards" I let out a shaky breath before apologising "I'm sorry the Gryffindor common room is quite far away" Snape's eyes glare at me. "Now no funny business you too, I want this done by the end of the week" He hissed. Malfoy snarled at Snape as he turned to leave. I walked straight toward the the shelf and picked up what I immediately recognised as gillyweed "This is gillyweed" I said turning to pick up the matching label that I assumed Snape had created. I wanted to get this over with as soon as humanly possible.

Malfoy sat with his back leaned against the table, his arms were crossed in front of him. "Are you a half-blood then?" he asked me, genuinely curious. "I don't know" my voice was quiet and I was unsure if he had heard, but he had. "What do you mean you don't know?" he spoke in a bitter tone, one that made me not want to answer but my weak voice managed to croak out "I don't know who my parents were".  He let out a small chuckle "Were? So your an orphan, like Potter?" He said Harry's name with such disgust. "You know what, you kind of remind of of Potter" his nose crinkled at the mention of his name. "Just as... useless" he settles on. I didn't understand what he had against Harry, but they seemed to have a rivalry that they hadn't gotten over since first year. If you asked me, it was quite a childish feud but, they both seemed so invested in beating each other it was probably best if I didn't bring it back up. Then I heard footsteps moving down the corridor, It had only been a few minutes before Snape had left but he walked back into the classroom and said "Dumbledore wants to see you Edwards. Malfoy you keep working"
"How come she gets to go?" he spat at Snape. He didn't respond to Malfoy, only pulling me by the arm and dragging me out of the classroom, slamming the door behind us. "Did I do something wrong?"
"Just go". I nervously stumble up the staircases to Dumbledore's office.

I had arrived in front of Dumbledore's office, which I had never been inside before and I was very nervous about why I was called here. I had already gotten one detention this year and now I was being sent to the headmaster's office and it was only the first week. "Come in" His voice bellowed from inside the room. I slowly made my way into his office. The first thing I noticed when inside were the thousands of books lining the walls, they were all different colours and sizes it was so beautiful. Dumbledore noticed that I was looking at them and he asked "Do you like to read Lyra?" His voice was worn, but calm. "I used to"  the truth was that reading was the only thing that distracted me from the horrors of some of my foster-homes. "Don't worry you're not in trouble... well, not with me anyway" My eyebrows knitted together in confusion "What does that mean Sir?" I asked him, his answers were quite puzzling I had noticed. "You are unaware of who your parents were, am I correct?" he completely switched the subject. I nodded as I was becoming even more confused. "I have uncovered who the identities of your parents are... or more accurately identity of you."
"You know who my parents were?" I was in shock. How did Dumbledore know? and why? "You see Lyra, your parents' names were Lily and James Potter" my mouth dropped wide open. "Sir, with all due respect, my parent's cannot be the Potters. I mean- they only had one child"
"No Lyra, they had two, twins actually" he smiled to himself. I was absolutely bewildered I shook my head is disbelief "Do you mean to say that I- that I am Harry Potter's twin sister?"
"Precisely."

——————————————————————————
A/N
hi guys i hope you enjoyed i know it's kind cringy right now but I promise it will get better. Also, she knows about Harry yay! just to clarify this will follow most of what happens in the book but, I will have to obviously modify quite a few things. Here is a photo of what i sort of imagine her to look like:

 Here is a photo of what i sort of imagine her to look like: