chapter fourteen

The Umbridge situation was getting more and more tense. With Dumbledore gone she practically had full power to do whatever she wanted.

Harry and Ron had finally given in and they finally started talking to me again, mostly helped by the fact that they didn't know I was still talking to Draco.

We would meet up in secret every few days. The days in between always felt significantly longer. The only thing I wanted was for us to be able to not hide our friendship but, that wasn't how the world worked.

I was Gryffindor and he was a Slytherin. He was a pureblooded and I was a half-blooded. His parents were death eaters and mine - well, they were killed by Voldemort.

One night we were in the astronomy tower, sitting in our usual spot. "You told me once that you wanted to kiss me for years, what did you mean?" I asked him.

He looked up, meeting my eyes. "I meant what I said. I've been wanting to kiss you since third year"

"Really? It seemed more like you wanted to punch me half the time" I chuckled. "Well, you are a Gryffindor so I guess that was just an instinct"

I giggled and he moved closer to me so that his face was centimeters away from mine. I could feel his breath against my face.

"Can I kiss you now?" he whispered , pressing his forehead against mine. I nodded and he crashed lips onto mine.

An overwhelming feeling of euphoria coursed throughout my body. He tentatively cupped my face in his hands.

When I finally pulled away he whispered "You're beautiful." I gave him the biggest smile I had given anyone before. "So are you" I said pressing my lips back into his.

~~~~~~~~

When I eventually got back to the common room my smile was radiating. "Why are you so happy?" Parvati asked and I sat down on the couch. "No reason" I replied, still smiling giddily.

"I'm going to have an early night, goodnight" she stood up and walked up to the dorms.

I made my way over to Harry, Ron and Hermione. "Hi" I beamed at them. All three of them glared at me. "What's got your wands in a knot?"

I took a seat next to Harry. "Are you and Malfoy a thing?" he spat. "What do you mean?" I mumbled.

"Cho said she saw you two making out in the Astronomy Tower" Hermione told me. My mouth dropped open "I wasn't - we weren't making out!" I tried to defend myself.

"Right. But you were with him" Ron said, still glaring at me. "I - what's it to you anyway?" I said abruptly. "We're just trying to protect you Lyra. It's Malfoy, you know he's no good" Harry raised his voice.

"It's none of you business Harry!" I shouted causing the only other people in the common room (Fred and George) to look at me. "Just because I'm your sister don't mean you get to tell me what to do!" I screamed.

As soon as the words came out I regretted it. No one knew about Harry and I other than Remus, Harry, Hermione, Sirius and Ron's parents.

"She's your what!" blurted out Fred. Harry rolled his eyes "Lyra!" he groaned. "I knew there was something going on between you lot" cried George.

"That's why she stayed with us for the holidays" Fred joined the dots. "Don't worry Lyra we won't tell anyone, you can trust us" George smiled. "Besides, we'll be out of here soon" Fred winked.

I breathed a sigh of relief but Harry still wasn't convinced. "Relax Harry it's just the twins" I tried to calm him down. "Do not tell me to relax!" he stormed out of the room and into the dorms.

"Well that was interesting. Night you lot." The twins followed Harry up to the dorms and left Ron and Hermione with me.

"Just be careful with him" Hermione told me. "You know I will be" I told her. She nodded and pulled Ron along with her and into the dorms.

I was left alone. I held my head in my hands. I didn't know what to think. I had just had the most amazing time with Draco and Harry had to come along and ruin it. And stupid Cho! I didn't even know the girl and she was ratting me out. I could never get a balance between my friends and him.

Why couldn't everyone just get along?

------------------------------------------------

A/N

I'm sorry this is a bad chapter, I'm a little self conscious of it. I really didn't know what to do with it honestly.

Sorry,

Mibby xx