chapter four

Lyra POV
He grabbed my arm and started to heave me back to the castle. "I'm not going to run away." I snapped as we reached the courtyard. "I don't believe you" he said, gripping my arm even tighter.

"Can I at least wash my face before you take me to her?" I pleaded, I was trying to get away, but he could tell that and he pushed me forward.

We arrived at the pink lady's office, Malfoy knocked on the door and she opened it with a beaming smile on her face. "What do we have here?" she was stirring her tea specifically loudly. "I found this one in the Forbidden Forest" he was so proud of himself, it was disgusting.

"Well my dear, please have a seat" she waved at the chair in front of her. "Thank you, Draco" she nodded at him, gesturing for him to exit. "Now young miss, today you are going to be writing some lines for me" a lump formed in the back of my throat. She handed  her quill across the table. "Write it on here" she said shoving a price of paper towards me.

"What do I write" I managed to choke out, not wanting the answer, but she gave it to me anyway        " you are going to write: I must not go out of bounds". I let out a shaky breath "how many times?"
"as many as it takes to... sink in" she smiles and I began to write.

I felt an itching under my skin, then as i got to the word 'not' I felt it cut through my skin. I winced slightly as I kept going. Tears formed behind my eyes but I managed to blink them away. "I'm done" I stated, looking up towards her. "Good, you may go now".

I stumbled out of her office and sat on the ledge next to the courtyard, rubbing over the cuts on my hand. Suddenly I felt the presence of someone else next to me. I tilted my eyes up and saw him, it was Blaise Zabini.

"I promise it heals after a while" he looked me straight into my eyes. I smiled up at him and he smiled back. "I thought you were part of Malfoy's little pack" I whispered. "No, I'd rather jump off the astronomy tower than work with that moron and Umbridge" he chuckled.

"Hey do you have that potions essay from Snape?" he asks. "Yeah" I say, looking back at my feet. "Do you want to do it with me? Maybe tomorrow? I'll meet you by the lake."
"Sure" I started to blush. I hadn't really ever spoken to Blaise before honestly, it was beginning to feel like all the Slytherins were noticing me.

"See you then" he grinned and turned away, walking back in the same direction that he came in. I walked back to the common room, via the bathroom as I still needed to clean up. I looked into the mirror and my eyes were twinkling of the thought of Blaise. I didn't realise that a Slytherin could be so nice.

As I stepped into the common room I immediately saw Harry. I froze for a second and then my breath started to falter. "Are you ok Lyra?" Hermione kindly asked "I..." I snap around and run straight to my dorm.

His eyes- I had never noticed it before, our eyes were identical, his hair was a similar shade of brown to mine. I had never registered the resemblance maybe, if I had I wouldn't have been so shocked to find out we were twins. I just couldn't look at him the same way as I did before without thinking of the life we could have had. We could have grown up together.

I had decided I needed more answers, and the only way to get more answers would be to tell Harry. I had settled on this weekend. Besides, who knows? maybe he already knows about me. I couldn't be to sure about anything anymore.

~~~~

The next day rolled around and I was giddy with excitement to meet up with Blaise. No. I was being ridiculous, I hardly know him. He's spoken a grand total of three sentences to me. I'm behaving like some twelve year old with a crush. I can't have a crush on him, I don't know him I told myself.

I went down to breakfast and I sat with Neville and Parvati, deliberately avoiding Harry and his friends. I started picking at the pieces of bacon in my plate.

I heard footsteps approaching behind me and I swivelled around to see Blaise emerge from the entrance of the Hall. "Hey Edwards" I jumped.
"Hi" I responded, "You still up for this afternoon?" "Uh- yeah of course" I gave him a closed-mouth smile. He started to move away but I stood up. "Wait- I have a question" I stop him, "Yeah, what is it?" he smiled, smugly. "Why are you only interested in me now, I mean- you've never spoken to me before" I stumbled over my words.
"You've... changed" he decides on.

I've changed? How? I haven't changed, I mean I'm exactly the same person as I was last year and the years before. Not that he would know. Maybe he had meant it in terms of my appearance.

~~~~
Draco POV
I had seen Edwards with Blaise after she had finished with Umbridge. I didn't understand why he would show interest in her, she was probably a mudblood anyway.

I must admit that she was significantly more attractive than last year, even so- this year hadn't been the first year I noticed her.

Blaise had a tendency to collect the pretty ones, he just wanted to show off, he never really cared about them. It never bothered me before I mean- it was none of my business. But there was something about her, I didn't want him to hurt her. I didn't want anyone to hurt her.