chapter ten

Coming back to Hogwarts after the holidays was like a breath of dress air. Living with the Weasleys and the rest of the Order was wonderful, it's just that every passing second I was reminded of we were going through.

Both Harry and I were getting more and more angry for no apparent reason.

Over the holidays I had shown Remus my scar, I made him promise that he wouldn't tell the others because; I didn't want them to fuss over me the way they fuss over Harry.

"Excited for the OWLS?" Fred asked as we were walking back into the castle. "No" I scowled at him
"That time of the month is it?" George butted in.

I felt anger rise up inside of me and I slapped right across the face. It felt a bright red hand print on his left cheek.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today" Ron mumbled and he lead me away from his brothers.

"You know how they are. You're supposed to just ignore them" he rolled his eyes as we took our seats in the great hall.

My eyes scanned across the room and I spotted him. The prince of Slytherin. Malfoy.

~~~~~~~~

Dumbledore's Army continued as it did before the holidays, the only difference was that we had to be more careful when going into the Room of Requirement.

Umbridge was definitely knew we were up to something as she put up a new rule saying that there was not to be any clubs meeting outside of school.

One day when I was walking through the hallways I saw him. He was by himself for the first time since Christmas.

"Edwards" he hissed. "Malfoy" I replied, raising an eyebrow at him. "Meet me in the Astronomy Tower 9pm. Don't care how you get there."

He spun around and walked back the other way. Draco Malfoy has just asked me to meet him, the only problem was how?

How was I going to make it to The Tower?

Then it came to me. Harry! He has an invisibility cloak that belonged to our father, he had told me over the holidays.

He had to lend it to me. It was practically half mine anyway.

~~~~~~~

"I need the cloak" I bluntly stated while we were in the common room. "Ok... what for?"

"None of your business" I tilted my chin higher.
"I'm not letting you just use it for no good reason"

"Why not? You do!" I snapped. "That's because it's mine"

"Please Harry. I'll do anything." He rolled his eyes, "Fine but if you get caught it's not my fault"

"Thank you" I threw my arms around him and he stumbled back awkwardly.

He went up to his room and grabbed it. "Here. Don't you loose it"

"As if" I joked as I slipped my arms into it.

~~~~~~

I carefully tip-toed up the cold stairs to get to the top of the Astronomy tower. When I reached the top I saw a blonde boy sitting in the center of the room, facing away from me.

I pulled the cloak off me and went to sit next to him. "I didn't think you'd show" he muttered.

"Me neither" I sat with my legs crossed about half a meter away from him.

We awkwardly sat in silence for a few minutes before I finally perked up. "Why did you kiss me?" I asked for the second time.

He sighed and looked down. "Like I said, I just had to" he began, "I couldn't wait any longer."

"You couldn't wait any longer?" My voice raises a few octaves.

He shook his head. "You don't know anything about me" I screamed. I need to calm down, we couldn't risk being caught.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. He looked up at me "Then tell me, tell me about Lyra Edwards."

"What do you want to know?" I smiled, looking into his grey eyes.

"Let's start with your favourite sweets" he chuckles. "My favourite sweets?" I clarified, he nodded.

"Well, I'd have to go for Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans" I grinned "How about you?" This was getting a little bit ridiculous.

"Chocolate Frogs" he answered.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything after Blaise - you know" I shook my head, not wanting him to apologise "- And I'm sorry I told Umbridge about you going to The Forbidden Forest" I could tell he felt guilty, which he shouldn't because I did deserve to get in trouble.

"Why did you go there anyway?" he asked, his face softening. "You're going to laugh" I mumble.

"Promise, I won't" he simpered. "Ok, I wanted an adventure, that's all"

"You wanted an adventure? You know there are other things you could have done instead of going there!" He bursted.

"Obviously I regret going there now" I trailed off. "I'll never understand Gryffindors" he said, shuffling closer to me.

"I'll never understand Slytherins" I reply. "Why? What do we do that is so confusing?" He brushed a strand of blonde hair out of his face and I shuddered.

"I don't understand why you need to make everyone else's lives a living hell" I jumped down his throat.

"Did I make your life a living hell?" He looks down, apologetically. "No, I'm sorry I don't know why I said that"

"Did someone else? - make your life hell I mean" He stumbled over his words. "Yes. The Edwards." I cut the conversation off short.

I stretched my legs out as he said "sometimes I think my father makes my life hard"

"Why?" I question "He puts a lot of pressure on me to do well." He bites his lip, "I shouldn't have said that. I've never said that out loud before."

"It's ok" I slide my hand out close to him, he slowly laces his fingers in mine and looks into my eyes.

"Draco -" I whisper, "yes" he replies in a similar tone. "Do you think you are capable of caring about a Gryffindor?"

"Yes." Maybe he could care for someone like me, if only I wasn't his enemy's sister but, I had no intention of telling him that anytime soon.

"Yes, I am capable." He confirmed.