chapter fifteen

Lyra's POV

The next mourning I was awoken by a sudden jolt of someone sitting beside me. "Morning" George murmured.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, I had fallen asleep in the common room. What-an-idiot! I sighed "was it really necessary to wake me up!" I shoved him.

"Yes" said Fred from behind me. I snapped around and slapped his arm. "Ouch. You should be thanking us you have OWLs to do" he reminded me.

I groaned "Ugh!" I stood up and tried to wake up a bit more. "Can't you two do something to stop the OWLs" I asked. "Please" I nagged.

They exchanged looks "George" said Fred "I think we've outgrown full-time education"

"I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly. "Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.

"Definitely" said George. And before I had time to respond they ran out of the room.

Weird I thought to myself. Then, I made my way down to breakfast alone.

I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione and waved. As I sat down Hermione pulled out the biggest textbook I had ever seen. "I expect you three were studying last night." She stated.

Ron scoffed while Harry and I just rolled our eyes.

~~~~~~~

Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Time was slowly getting away from me but I had barely answered any questions. I was starting to regret not studying more.

A shuffling noise from outside grabbed my attention. I slowly turned around as Umbridge's little feet stopped out of the great hall. The initial noise was followed by a loud bang and all of a sudden in came the Weasley twins.

They were flying above us on brooms, throwing fireworks across the great hall. All of us were in total awe as they swooped down and knocked our papers into the air. Cheers and cries of excited students echoed throughout the castle.

We all ran outside, smiles etching upon our faces. As we were in the courtyard I began feel dizzy. Images flashed through my mind. I saw a room full of crystal balls, Death Eaters and Sirius. Sirius.

I made my way swimming through the crowd to find Harry. I had to find Harry. "Harry" I screeched and someone took my arm. The world had gone blurry and I was being dragged up a staircase.

"Lyra!" Ron shook me. My heart was pounding "Sirius" was all I said, repeating it several times "Sirius".

"We know Lyra, come with us" Hermione said whilst steading Harry. I looked at Harry and I could see that he had seen everything I saw. "We have to go. He has Sirius" I tried to steady my breath. "What if it's a trap?" Hermione posed.

Harry shook is head, "So what if it is? I'm just supposed to let him die?"

I nodded and said "We have to use the Floo Network."

"But Umbridge has all the chimneys surveyed"

"Not all of them."

We burst into Umbridge's office and started to look around.

"Not so fast." The little woman was standing at the doorway with her wand pointed right at Harry's face. She was covered in grime from the twin's little prank. Draco and the rest of his goons soon followed her.

Draco grabbed my arm and pulled me to the back of the room with the rest of his friends. I could hear his breath in my ear and it was slightly comforting to know that he was here.

"The time has come for answers." Umbridge announced to Snape who she had called to her office. "I'm afraid you used up all my stores interrogating students" he hissed.

"H-he's got Padfoot. He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden" Harry tried to tell Snape but Snape's face showed no recognition of the name 'Padfoot'.

"Very well, I have not choice Potter, you leave me with no other alternative. The cruciatus should to loosen you tongue."

"That's illegal" I shouted. Draco pulled me back, still clinging onto me. "What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him" she says, knocking over the picture of Cornelius Fudge on her desk.

"Harry tell her!" Hermione piped up from the corner. Ron and I exchanged confused looks. "Tell me what?" Umbridge hissed.

"Fine. If you won't I will. Dumbledore's secret weapon" Hermione said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry and Hermione led Umbridge down to the Forbidden Forest.

"Please Draco, lives depend on this" I whispered. "Please." He looked down as though he was considering it "Weasley's sweets, use them" he instructed me in a low tone. I signaled at Ron to lookin his pocket.

He took out a handful of Puking Pastels "Piss off Weasley" Crabbe snatched the pastels and started handing them around. Draco refused to take one. After they swallowed them they immediately started to get sick, allowing us to get away.

"Come on!" I grabbed my friends and we ran down to the bridge. "How did you get out?" Hermione asked. "Puking Pastels. Lyra's idea" said Ginny, beaming.

"How are we going to get there?" asked Ron. I looked around, hoping that someone would have an idea, thankfully Luna did. "Thestrals"

"Beautiful." I stared at the massive, dark beasts. Harry looked at me with a perplexed expression, then he shook his head as if to clear it. I mounted the Thestral. "For Sirius" I said.

"For Sirius" Harry agreed as we flew off into the distance.