chapter nine

Lyra's POV

I did not just do that. He did not just do that. And I did not enjoy it. I don't know what just happened, how could I allow myself to do that. He was horrible, he was horrid to me and I still kissed him. I kissed him and it was incredible.

What was I going to tell Harry! Nothing - I will not tell him, he'd freak out even more than he already is.

It was nearly Christmas and I had organized to stay with the Order over the Christmas break, Molly Weasley had assured me that Remus would stop by so I could speak to him in person.

~~~~~~~~~~

"That's it Lyra!" Luna called from across the room. I was so close to conjuring my patronus, according to Harry; I had mastered the technique but I just needed to focus on a happier memory. That was going to be a problem.

The first one that sprung to mind was the one where Harry had told me about our parents but, I wasn't completely happy, I was also scared. The next one I thought of was getting my letter to Hogwarts, "Expecto Patronum!" I roared.

Out of my wand appeared a wolf "Merlin's Beard! it's a wolf" shouted Seamus. A smile etched across my face. "Well done Lyra!" Harry congratulated me. "Thanks Harry, I couldn't have done it without you!" I thanked him.

"Your a brilliant witch, I'm sure you could have!" I shook my head, denying it. Fred and George came up behind me and each placed an elbow on my shoulder.

"Heard your staying with us this summer" Fred announced.

"It's gonna be fun" George said as he turned to Harry. "Why is she staying with us again?" I shoved their arms off of me. "I'm right here and, It's none of you business." They chuckled and tumbled away.

"Nosy Gits" Harry says before he wraps up our last class before winter break.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was desperate to have a break over the holidays but there was one thing I needed to take care of first. Malfoy.

I spotted him with a group of his friends in the hallways before breakfast. I intentionally walked right into them. He scowled at me, "Watch where you're going Edwards" I raised an eyebrow at him and as I walked away he trailed after.

I lead him to the only place I can think of; The Place Where Things are Hidden. I take his hand before we went in and feel his cool skin against mine. I shudder.

"Why did you kiss me?" I mutter when we enter. "I don't know." He avoided my eyes and I was somewhat grateful not to be entranced in them.

I opened my mouth and immediately shut it again. "I - I needed to. I needed to kiss you."

"You needed to kiss me?" I was very confused, his answers were so cryptic and, I was no Ravenclaw.

"I've wanted to kiss you for years, I just - couldn't wait any longer!" he shouted. I shook my head in disbelieve. "You were so rude to me! You- You made me feel so bad about myself! You always laughed at me whenever I answered in class! And now you say- you wanted to kiss me. Bullshit!" I slammed the door to the Room of Requirement in his face.

He had no right to do that to me. The entire time in detention and even before that he made me miserable. Then he saved me. Then he made me miserable again. I barely knew anything about the boy and yet, it felt like I knew everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas with the Weasleys would have been wonderful if it weren't for the blonde boy with grey eyes. He was on my mind, constantly.

Remus visited regularly, mostly for meetings with the rest of the Order but also to see Harry, Sirius and I.

I had become close with Sirius since Harry was always around him. "Merry Christmas Lyra!" said Molly, as I made my way down to dinner. "Merry Christmas" I smiled. The Weasleys were wonderful, I wished I grew up in a family like theirs.

"This one's for you dear" she passed me a present wrapped in red paper with a gold bow sealing it. I opened it to see an iconic Weasley jumper and a chocolate frog. "Thank you Molly" no one had every put that much effort in a gift for me.

"This ones from us" Remus passed me a package wrapped in brown paper with a string tied around it. I tore open the paper to see a book; The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard.

"The might be children's stories but, I believe that there is a lesson to be taken from them" Remus said grinning at me.

"Sirius" Harry leapt out of his chair at the sight of his godfather.

"Merry Christmas" Sirius wished us and he sat at the table.

~~~~~~~~~

Missing adventure, one evening I decided to go exploring. I opened a door to a room I had never entered before. A large tapestry covered the walls, on it was a giant family tree.

My eyes were immediately attracted to a boy with white blonde hair residing on one of the outer branches. I ran my fingers over his face. Draco Malfoy.

"This is the Black family tree." I jumped at the voice coming from the doorway. It was Sirius. "You're related to Draco Malfoy?" I was shocked at the prospect.

"Yes, he is my cousin's son." Sirius chuckled "Do you care for the boy?" Now it was my turn to laugh. "No." I moved my hand up to Sirius' face, it had a black mark covering it.

"My mother did that after I ran away" he explained. "Charming woman" a he sarcastically stated. "I was sixteen."

"Where did you go?" I asked. "Your dad's. I was always welcome at the Potter's" he reminisced. My father had meant so much to him and he had spent twelve years in Azkaban for his death. This world was a cruel one.

"I see him so much in you and Harry" he scanned over my face. Harry stepped in through the door and stood next to me. "You both are so similar to him." the corners of Sirius' mouth lifted.

"I'm not so sure." I muttered. "When I - when we saw the attack, it was like I was the snake and after, in Dumbledore's office there was a moment where I wanted - I wanted." I stuttered.

"This connection, between us and Voldemort, I just wonder if we're becoming more like him. I just feel so angry all the time. And, what if after everything we've been through something's gone wrong." Harry interrupted. "What if we're becoming bad"

Sirius' eyes darted between us, I want you to listen very carefully." He pulled both of us closer to him, "You are not a bad person. You are a very good person, who bad things have happened too."

I swallowed back the tears that were forming in my eyes. "You understand. Both of you." We nodded. "Besides, the world isn't spit into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside of us." He pulled us into a tight embrace.

"What matters is the part we choose to act on." A knock echoed from the door, "Time to go" called Hermione.

"Once this is all over we'll be a proper family." He looked from me to Harry. "You'll see." He pulled us into another awkward hug and ushered us out the door.

If Sirius could know how wrong he was, I doubt he would have given Harry and I that hope.

-------------------------

A/N

Sorry this was a long one but I had to include the Sirius scene. Also, remember to comment your opinions so I can know what you guys want to see.

Mibby xx