chapter sixteen

The room was filled with glowing crystal balls, not unlike the ones we had used in Divination. Harry started walking towards one in particular and he slowly took it off the shelf.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches and the Dark lord shall mark him as his equal but he shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For Neither can live while the other survives." The crystal ball hisses.

"Harry!" Hermione calls as a dark figure approaches. "Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

"You know you really should learn how to tell the difference from dreams and reality" Draco's father revealed himself. A sick feeling filled my body. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophesy."

"If you do anything to us I'll break it" Harry threatened. A cackle echoed throughout the room. "He know how to play! Ity-bity-baby, Potter" a woman called out. "Bellatrix Lestrange." Neville's body tensed up.

"Neville Longbottom is it? How's Mum and Dad?"

"Better now they're about to be avenged" Neville raised his wand to her.

"Let's, everybody just calm down" Mr. Malfoy warned. "All we want is that prophecy"

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry murmured. "You dare speak his name. You filthy half-blood!" Bellatrix screamed.

"Prophecies can only be retrieved by about whom they are made" Mr. Malfoy informed us "which is lucky for you"

I snapped around to see a group of Death Eaters circling us. "Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connecting between you..." he turned to me "...your sister and the Dark Lord."

I was visibly shaking, if this man knew about me you could be certain that the Dark Lord also knew. "I have all the answers, all you have to do it give it to me" Mr. Malfoy reached out his hand.

"I've waited fourteen years... I guess I could wait a little bit longer" Harry turned around "Stupefy!" 

"Stupefy"

"Reducto!"

Curses were being thrown left, right and center. Then all of a sudden the shelves began to fall, crystal balls spilled and crashed onto the floor "Get back to the door!" I called out as Neville grabbed Luna.

We ran as fast as we possibly could away from the tumbling crystal balls, twisting around corners in a make-shift effort to avoid them. We got to the door and fell into a curious room.

Harry was still clutching the prophecy as we began to rise to our feet. "Department of Mysteries, got that bit right didn't they" said Ron, trying to lighten the mood. And failing. 

Hissing noise were echoing from an odd arch-shaped structure in the center of the room. "The voices, can you tell what they're saying?" I asked. "There aren't any voices Lyra" Hermione told me.

"I hear them too" Harry and Luna joined me, eagerly leaning closer to the voices. "Get behind me!" Harry yelled. We all stood behind him, wands pointed upwards.

Long lines of black smoke zoomed into the room. Death Eaters. They grabbed all of our friends, leaving Harry and I in the center of the room.

"Did you actually believe, or were you truly naïve enough to think that children stood a chance against us. I'll make this simple for you Potter, give me the prophecy or watch your friends die." Lucius hissed.

"Get away from my godson" Sirius stood behind us. "And my goddaughter" Remus echoed from even father away. Flashes of white flew across the room in a similar style to the Death Eaters and the prophecy smashed to the floor.

Curses were back to being exchanged. Sirius pulled Harry and I behind a large rock. "I want you two to take the others and get out of here" he told us.

"No" said Harry, "not without you" I told Sirius. "You've done beautifully, now let me take it from here" Sirius turned to face Lucius. A few other Death Eaters began to swoop in on the fight, Harry and I were holding our own but it was getting very hard to keep track of them.

Bellatrix's sadistic laughing filled the room. "Expelliarmus!" yelled Harry, "nice one James" Sirius accidently called him by our father's name.

"Avada Kedavra" Bellatrix hissed. The curse flew right at Sirius. Then he began to float away. I immediately turned to Harry. "Harry" I whispered and Remus threw his arms around the both of us, holding us back.

Harry let out a piercing scream that set off my cries. "NO!" I repeated "No."

We had both lost one of the very few pieces of our parents that we had left.

Harry managed to slip through Remus' grip and I bolted after him, into the Ministry foyer.

"I killed Sirius Black. I killed Sirius Black. You coming to get me?" Bellatrix's sing-song voice was only antagonizing Harry and I.

Harry threw a curse at her, causing her to fall to her feet. I drew my wand, pointing it at her. "You've got to mean it Lyra. She killed him. She deserves it" a slithering voice hissed in my ear. Voldemort.

"You know the spell, Lyra" He materialized from behind me. Tears slowly tricked down my face as a smile etched upon Bellatrix's face.

"Do it."

-----------------------------------

A/N

Sorry there's been no Draco in the last couple of chapters, I had to include this scene because it's so important for the story.

Mibby