chapter eleven

I woke up the next morning excited, for the first time in ages. I didn't know much more about the Slytherin Prince but, I know he made me happy.

I had another Occlumency lesson with Snape this afternoon. It was always so painful when he tried to get inside my mind because he could see my deepest, darkest memories. Of course, whatever he saw I also had to witness which meant I had seen the Edwards again.

As hard as it was learning Occlumency, I was more open to the idea than Harry. He had thrown a fit when Snape went in and saw a memory of our parents.

One day after one of our lessons I was stumbling around the hallways, not quite aware of where I was going. I had just seen a memory of Mr. Edwards and it had brought up my all the bad memories . I saw Malfoy in the halls again.

He could tell that something was wrong, a lot of people underestimated his ability to recognize other peoples emotions. Just as I was about to pass him he grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking past.

"Come with me" he hissed, under his breath. I followed him up to the seventh floor "A quite place" Draco muttered, as the door slowly revealed itself.

"Why are you acting weird?" he almost accused me. "I just had an Occlumency lesson with Snape" I answered honestly, "you're learning Occlumency?" he asked. I nodded, "I've heard it's very hard to learn, is that true?"

"Yeah, especially with Snape teaching. Oh wait I forgot you're his favourite" I suddenly perked up. He twitched but didn't respond.

"How did you know about this room anyway?" I said, looking around at the cozy room that reminded me somewhat of the Gryffindor common room. There was a fireplace situated near the back of the room, two bean bags in the center of the room and a table next to them. "You showed it to me, last term remember?" I nodded as the memory came flashing back.

It was just after he kissed me, I felt like it was so long ago yet, it also felt like yesterday.

Draco led me over to the bean bags and we each sat on one. "What does Occlumency involve anyway?" he asked.

"The whole point is being able to block people from tapping into your mind. Of course to practice you have to let someone attempt that." A lump formed at the back of my throat.

"That's why I might have seemed a bit off when you first saw me" I informed him.

"Oh, Ok" he shrugged, without bothering to ask if I was okay.

You're friends with Potter right?" I gulped and answered "Yes."

"So, do you happen to know if he's using this room to teach his little class?"

"How do you know about that?" I questioned him, "I have my sources" he shrugged. I bit my lip, "Is that the only reason you've been talking to me? To find out about Harry!" I started to get agitated.

He didn't reply - or maybe he did but I had stormed off out of the room before I heard his answer. I needed to find Harry, he was going to be so angry at me.

"Harry - Harry I'm sorry" I managed to get out in between my flustered breaths. "You need to cancel the next meeting" I told him.

"Why?" he confusedly asked. "Because I - because I said so." I was to scared to tell him about Draco, to scared of his reaction.

"Well Lyra, I'm not going to cancel it because you said so." He turned away "see you tomorrow" he called out over his shoulder.

~~~~~~~

I was sweating buckets before meeting up with Dumbledore's Army. I was so nervous that Draco had gone to Umbridge already.

"Today we are going to be practicing stunning" Harry announced at the start of his lesson. There was still no sign of Umbridge thankfully.

"Stupefy!" Echoes called out across the room of people practicing. "Reducto!" called out Ginny before silence fell across the room.

The only sound to be heard was the sound of Umbridge's squeaky voice. "Bombarda Maxima." Shards of glass and rubble scattered throughout the room.

Behind her was a group of the Inquisitorial Squad and at the very front was Draco Malfoy. The Bastard. He used me, I are adult had this suspicion but I had preyed I was wrong about him.

I snarled at him and he surprisingly avoided my eyes. "Get them!" she spat.

~~~~~~

"You can see, Dumbledore's Army proof of what I've been telling you" Umbridge sucked up to Cornelius Fudge. "No, he had nothing to do with it, it was me!" called out Harry.

Dumbledore ended up disappearing with his phoenix which was incredible to witness. But I knew the school year was going to get a lot worse, especially since all my friend now thought I betrayed them and since Draco Malfoy had betrayed me.

It was going to take a lot for him to win it back.

—————————-

A/N
Sorry this was a short one, I got kind of stuck. Please comment and let me know what you want to happen, also remember to vote so I can see if you are enjoying the story :)

Mibby xx