chapter seventeen

I turned around but he disarmed me before I could throw a spell at him. "So weak. Both of you."

All of a sudden, Dumbledore emerged from the fireplace. "It was foolish for you to come here tonight, Tom" Dumbledore stepped in front of us. "The Auroras are on their way"

"By which time I shall be gone, and you shall be dead."

They began to start dueling. Dumbledore knocked Harry and I to the side and we sat behind a pillar. "It's ok, it's going to be ok" I sounded like I was trying to convince myself more than Harry.

Bits of flying debris started flying at us. Harry pulled my head underneath his and we stayed huddled like that for what felt like hours but in reality it was probably only a few seconds.

Dumbledore and Voldemort's wands broke apart and Voldemort started to conjure a fire that turned into a giant snake. Dumbledore started to fight it with wave of water. I pulled Harry onto his feet and we tried to help but Dumbledore only pushed us back.

Voldemort then let out a huge amount of power that completely shattered the window. He the started to point the glass at us but Dumbledore turned the glass into tiny sand particles.

Sand was everywhere, my hair was covered in a thin layer giving off a blonde appearance.

Out of nowhere Voldemort disappears into a thick, dark cloud.

It started with convolutions ripping through my body and soon enough I was on the ground. It felt like I was being attacked from the inside. "You've lost old man" Voldemort recites through Harry and I.

The pain was horrendous, I tried my very best to fight him off but it was so exhausting and every time I shut my eyes I saw my father dying in front of my eyes. Then I saw Sirius. Then I saw Mr. and Mrs. Edwards. I had killed them. I had used magic and I had killed them.

They made me hurt so bad and the only way I could stop it was to kill them. Their pale bodies lay dead at little seven year-old me's feet. I tried to use Oculumecy but it was so hard and I hadn't mastered it. I screamed the most pain-stricken scream of my life.

"So weak" he said in my head. I saw him, in a black cloud, in my old bedroom at the Edward's house, at Hogwarts. "So vulnerable" I saw a mirror but when I looked in it all I saw was him. "Look at me. Lyra" I let out another scream.

Then I saw Harry in a similar state to me, lying on the ground. "It isn't how you are alike, It's how you are not" Dumbledore tried to help us. I started to dig my fingers into the cold tiles on the floor. I let out a deafening groan in an attempt to get him out of my head.

"Harry, Lyra" Dumbledore said. Then I saw my friends run in. They saw the mess that Voldemort had created and panic struck over them. But when I saw them I saw the memories, I saw the smiles, I saw the laughs and they were much more powerful to me. I saw Sirius. I saw Remus. I saw my parents. And I saw Draco.

"You're the weak one and you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you."

Then it went away. The pain and the death. And he was standing over us. "You both are fools, and you will loose everything" his pale face loomed over Harry and I's destroyed bodies. I reached my hand out and grabbed onto Harry for dear life.

Then they started arriving. The minister and all his colleges. "He's back" whispered Fudge and despite my distraught thoughts all I could think was; No shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know how you both feel" Dumbledore told us one evening in his office. "No you don't. It's my fault" Harry whispered. "No it's mine" I interrupted. "No, the fault is mine. I knew it was only a matter of time before Voldemort made the connection between you two. I thought by distancing myself from the both of you as I have done all year you'd be more protected" he informed us.

"The prophecy said; 'neither one can live while the other one survives' it means one of us is going to have to kill the other in the end." Harry said.

"Yes" Dumbledore replied. "But Sir, why am I connected to him? I'm not in the prophecy" I asked quietly. "I am afraid Lyra, I feel as though Voldemort is using you as a way to get to Harry. It's one thing if he has to die, it's another if he has to watch his sister die too" I sighed and looked at my fidgeting hands.

What I would give to have Draco's comforting arms around me now. He hadn't spoken to me after word got out about Voldemort being back. It was leaked to the papers that I was Harry's twin and now everybody knows. I assume he found out and that's why he hasn't come to find me.

I didn't want to admit it but I needed him. I don't think I can get through this without him. "Why didn't you tell me earlier, about being Harry's sister?" I asked Dumbledore.

"I wanted to keep you out of it for as long as possible but when Harry starting having these visions, I thought you might be able to help each other through it."

I nodded and Harry and I made our way out of his office. When we were outside I looked at Harry and without needing to say anything I knew we both felt the same. I pulled into a hug and for the first time, he welcomed it.

When I pulled away, I told him "It's going to be ok. We're going to get through this"

-----------------------

A/N

End of the fifth year! Thank you guys for reading, I honestly thought no one would read it. Half Blood Prince is one of my favorites so I can't wait to write the next chapter. Let me know if there's anything specific that you want to see. Thank you.

Mibby xx