chapter eight

A/N

Please remember to comment and vote your opinions. Thanks so much for your support.

------------------------------------------------

Dear Lyra,

I am delighted that you wrote to me. I regret to tell you that I did in fact know of your existence. When you were born, Dumbledore instructed me not to reach out to you or Harry and I respected his wishes. Lyra, please do not tell anyone about you being a Potter, we cannot risk You-Know-Who finding out that you survived.

I know you had a tough time growing up in the muggle world and I wish I could have been there to help you. When the school year is over it would be an honor to have you stay with us. If it's any consolation; you were my favorite student.

I trust that Harry  and Padfoot has informed you about how you survived that night, unfortunately I have no other information a part from memories of your parents and you as a baby.

I must ask you Lyra, do you have a scar like Harry? It is important that I must know. I am glad to have you as a goddaughter, you are a very bright girl and you remind me so much of your mother and father.

Please feel free to write to me when ever you need to talk.

Best wishes,

R.J Lupin.

~~~~~~

I clutched the letter to chest. It felt like I finally had a part of my parents to hold on to. I sat by the window of the dorm room. A single tear escaped as I looked out at my beautiful school and the beautiful wizarding world.

I did have a scar, it was on the back of my left shoulder. I always thought it was the Edwards' work of art but it wasn't it was Voldemort's.

I wasn't going to tell Harry, but I would tell Remus. No good came from Harry's scar so, I doubted any good would come from mine.

~~~~~~~

When I drifted off to sleep I was met with a terrible nightmare.

I was in the ministry, I saw a room filled with crystal balls and I saw Arthur Weasley. He was in the room, and a snake was attacking him but, I was the snake. I was attacking him. Arthur dropped to the ground. I jolted awake.

I was covered in sweat and I was shaking. There was no chance I was going back to sleep so, I wandered down to the common room. It felt so real - too real.

To my surprise, Harry was down there as well, with Ron by his side. He looked to be in a similar state to me. I looked into his eyes and we didn't need to say anything to know that we had seen the same thing.

Ron was in-between us, propping us up from both sides. Then we went to him, the bearer of bad news - Dumbledore.

"Were you looking at the incident from the side or from above?" Harry and I exchanged looks. "It was like I was the snake" we said in unison. Dumbledore started organizing arrangements for Mr. Weasley.

"LOOK AT ME!" Harry snapped. Ron and I glared at him in shock, but I could empathize with why he was mad, because I was mad too. "What's happening to me?" Harry's voice faltered, "What's happening to both of us?"

Snape barged into the room, behind us. "You wanted to see me Professor?" he slithered, I hated him, even his voice. "I'm afraid we have no time to waste. You need to start now, with both of them."

Snape snatched both Harry and I and threw us down to the dungeons. "I am going to teach you Occlumency. It is a technique to you block the Dark Lord from your minds. You see, there is a connection between you two and him." he trailed off. "Does this mean he knows about me?" I shuddered at the mere thought.

"I don't know... it is likely that he is doing it unintentionally to you." I breathed a sigh of relive, but it still wasn't enough to completely wipe away my fear.

"Let's start with Potter." he spat.

After the lesson, all I had learned was that my father was a bully, but maybe that's what Snape indented for me to find out.

~~~~~~

Draco's POV

I longed for her, I needed to hear her voice at least once more. I had taken note of how she was turning up to lessons. She was flustered and I had also noticed that she began to spend more time with Potter. Maybe that was why she hadn't confronted me again.

I knew I had to stop being a chicken and pluck up the courage to talk to her, because I felt her interest slipping away from me. I just hoped she wasn't developing a thing for Potter.

"Psst Edwards," I whispered to her during Potions, throwing a scrunched up piece of paper at her to get her attention. Her beautiful eyes gleamed at mine "Yes, Malfoy" she snapped, a little sassily. "Meet me after class" she raised her eyebrows at me "And why would do that?"

"Because you owe me remember."

~~~~~~

Lyra's POV

I knew he would use that against me, it was a real dick move on his part. But, that was Malfoy's style after all. I told the Golden Trio to go without me as I waited for Malfoy.

"Why are you hanging out with Potter?" A familiar voice called from behind me. "None of your business" I replied as he made his way into my eye line. "Are you into him or something?" I chuckled "What's it to you?"

"So you are?"

"No that's disgusting." He smiled and I wasn't entirely sure why.

I looked into his eyes and I felt something that I had never felt before, I felt butterflies. He pulled me to the side of the corridor and I opened my mouth to object but before I could, he crashed his lips onto mine.

I pulled him away "I'm sorry" he whispered. I was astonished and something in me lit up but I was scared to accept it, so I did the weak thing. I ran.