( part one ) cast call / prologue

olivia rodrigo
AMELIE-JACE WILSON
THE BACK-UP
" i'm tired of living like this. i'm tired of just
being a back-up. i have my own dreams. "

mikey jiminezJEREMIAH CONTETHE EXBOYFRIEND" you were my first love and i was yours, but we can't keep doing this to each other, aj

mikey jiminez
JEREMIAH CONTE
THE EXBOYFRIEND
" you were my first love and i was yours, but
we can't keep doing this to each other, aj. "

The sweet, melodic sound of a violin fills the room

The sweet, melodic sound of a violin fills the room. The brunette swayed slightly to the tune she was producing through her stringed instrument, her eyes closed as she let herself surrender to the music.

The whole class fell into trance as they watched the girl splay the violin expertly and when the song came to an end, they let all let out a small sigh before erupting in a big applause.

"That was beautiful, Amelie. Absolutely marvelous, sweetheart."

The tan-skinned girl blushes before giving the crowd a small bow. She quickly scurries off to her seat, immediately putting her violin back into it's case.

"Alright, Nick–"

"Hey, that was amazing, AJ."

"You have to say that, Miah, you're the one that helped me arrange it." The brunette says, giving the boy a pointed look. She takes a seat on the chair beside him, taking her hair out of it's ponytail.

"I'm serious, AJ. Everyone loved it." The raven-haired boy says, tossing an arm around her shoulders. "As they should, we worked really hard on that. We make a great team."

"If this is you trying to sucker me into joining your band, the answer is no." Amelie says softly, not wanting to attract any attention to them. "I'm classically trained, sure, i'll play a few sets and gigs with you guys, but I suck at writing songs. I can only write ballads and classical."

"You've never even tried." Jeremiah says as they both continue to watch Nick's performance. "What about a classic-rock song or a rock ballad?"

"You singing a rock ballad? Yeah, right."

"I wouldn't be the one singing it or at least, not alone." The boy says, giving Amelie a suggestive look.

"You want me to sing lead with you?" Amelie asks in disbelief before looking away, shaking her head. "Nope, there's a reason I always sing back-up, Miah. You know this.l"

"Yeah, because your sister always hoards the spotlight." Jeremiah says, using his head to gesture to Amelie's adoptive sister that sat a few rows away.

"No, because i'm just not lead singer material. I'm good with harmonies and have a pretty good range, that makes me the perfect back-up singer."

"But you can be so much more than that, AJ. Aren't you tired of always being in your sister's shadow?"

The two just look at each other, a determined look on their faces before Amelie rolls her eyes, turning back to the front just as her friend, Julie, was about to start playing.

Amelie just nods, a small sigh escaping her lips. "But I need to practice for the symphony, I don't have time to be in a band."

"I get it." Jeremiah says right before Julie runs out of the room, making both of them frown.

"Julie..."

I DO NOT OWN JULIE AND THE PHANTOMS, ITS OG PLOT, OR DIALOGUE.
I DO OWN AJ AND JEREMIAH, THEIR STORYLINE, AND DIALOGUE