( three ) missed you losers

A few months before leaving for the Symphony.

"As long as I have you..."

"And then maybe at this part of the song you can go up and hold out the—"

"You." Amelie sings out, holding out the high note and adding a run before humming the melody to the part of the song they were still working on the lyrics for.

Luke smiles at the girl, "Yeah, like that." He starts humming along with her, tugging on his guitar strap till the instrument hung at his bag.

He grabs Amelie's hands, placing it around his neck before wrapping his own arms around her waist. They start to dance as they sing the chorus again, smiling brightly at each other.

Amelie giggles as the song comes to an end, making him spin her before dropping her into a dip. Both of their laughter stops when they realize how close they were to each other.

Their faces inches apart as they glanced around each other's faces. Time seemed to slow as they lean in, both of their eyes fluttering shut.

The next thing both of them knew, Amelie fell straight through him and landed hard on the garage floor.

"Jace, i'm sorry, are you okay?" Luke asks as the girl holds her head. "I-I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's okay, ghost-boy. I'm fine." Amelie says, a weak smile plastered on her face. "I think I just need some ice though."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on it." As soon as the boy disappeared, Amelie lets out a frustrated groan.

"Every single time."

Amelie lets out a sigh as she plops onto her bed and just stares at the ceiling. "What are you gonna do, AJ?"

This past month, all Amelie really thought about was the big Symphony performance at the end of the summer program, her friends did such a good job at keeping her distracted that she rarely even thought about the ghost who had broke her heart or the band she had left behind.

But now she was back and that was all she could think about.

It's her senior year, she doesn't have time to make mistakes, especially now that the directors of the Symphony asked her to commit full time to their program because they are now stationed in L.A.

She doesn't even know if she'll have time to be in the band again, but she wanted to.

What they had, the bond and the music, it was something she never felt before and she didn't want to lose that, but not only does she have new responsibilities now, she doesn't even know what's gonna happen when she sees him again.

Is she gonna break down and cry again? Is she even going to be able to speak?

No, she took Nick's advice. After Malia and Mason took her out for the first time, she promised them and herself that she wouldn't cry over that boy again, that she wouldn't be that naive girl that got her into that mess in the first place.

So the next time she sees him, she'll—

"Jace."

Amelie jolts up at the voice to see the three familiar ghosts standing her room, smiling brightly at her. Completely ignoring the feeling of heartache she felt as her eyes met Luke's for a second, she jumps up and tackles all three boys into a hug.

"God, I missed you losers so much."

"Yeah, we missed you too." Alex chuckles as they all pull away.