( one ) ghost boys

ghost boys

"I'll come pick you up after practice. You sure you're going to be all right?"

"Yeah, it's been almost a year now and-and," Amelie sighs slipping out of the car. "I just think I need to be here for Julie right now. I haven't been the greatest friend lately and I feel terrible about it."

"You needed some time to heal too, AJ. Julie's mom practically raised you, she was the one who convinced your dad to let her teach you how to play the piano. I'm sure Julie will understand why you were so distant." Jeremiah says before looking at the girl with sad eyes. "I did."

Amelie gives him a small smile, "Yeah, you're right. I just hope I can make up for the lost time, y'know."

"You'll figure something out. You always do." Jeremiah says with a wink. "I'll see you later."

With a nod, Amelie shuts the car door before making her way towards the back of the house to what she liked to call 'the magic garage' because it was the one place that could make her feel happy, even during rough times.

She lightly knocks on the door before pulling it open. "Hey, Julie, your dad invited me over to help you clean this place up and —" Amelie pauses as she looks around the group before her in confusion.

"A-AJ, I–"

"It's okay, she can't see us remember." Amelie hears one of the guys say, making her eyebrows furrow.

"Who are these guys and why are they here? I thought your dad said he didn't want any random people touching your guys' stuff. That's why he asked me to help you instead of just hiring people."

"Wait, you can see them?"

"What? Jules, of course I can see them." Amelie says, folding her arms over her chest. Her eyes wanders around the room until she is met with warm hazel eyes. The girl clears her throat before tearing her eyes away from him and turning to Julie. "Now answer my question. Who —"

"Hey, AJ. You left your jacket in the car." Jeremiah says, peaking into the garage. Amelie sighs, grabbing her jacket from the boy's hands.

"Thanks, Miah."

"Hey, Julie." Jeremiah says with a charming smile, making the curly-haired girl blush a bit.

"Hi, Miah." Julie says, unconsciously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Uh- I have some time to kill before practice and it would be pretty rude of me not to offer a hand, especially since it's just you two cleaning up and—"

"Just us two? But theres—"

"It's fine, Jeremiah. Thanks for the offer though." Julie was quick to speak up, pulling her friend behind her. "You should really get going. I heard you guys are gonna be playing at the spirit rally, you don't wanna waste time when you should be practicing, right?"

"Uh, right." Jeremiah says, confused. "Well, i'll see you guys later."

"Bye!" Julie says, pushing the boy out before slamming the door shut.

"Okay, what in the world was that? And why didn't he mention the three hot, mysterious guys that are playing around with your mom's old stuff?"

"Hot?" One of the guys repeat, making AJ give him a sarcastic smile before turning back to her friend.

"Okay, okay. Just promise me that you won't freak out." Julie sighs, making the girl a bit wary.

"Fine. I promise I won't freak out."