( nine ) eye contact

"Heads up, your sister's here."

"Great." Amelie says, sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "We didn't even invite her."

Jeremiah chuckles, tossing an arm around the girl. "Look, just avoid her the whole night, the last thing you need is her to criticize you and—"

"What is wrong with you?"

"Carrie—"

"Dad has been worried sick and you haven't been answering his calls." Carrie's says, folding her arms over her chest. "You haven't been answering any of mine either."

"I left I note and I stopped by to get more clothes this morning." Amelie shrugs.

"You skipped out on family dinner last night." Carrie scoffs, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Look, okay, i'm sorry for what I said the other day, but—"

"Carrie, look, yeah i'm still upset about you said and all that, but this isn't about me and you. This is about me and dad."

"What—"

"What's up everybody—"

"I gotta go." Amelie says to Jeremiah, making the boy high-five her, grabbing the hand and placing a kiss on her knuckle.

"Break a leg, M'lady." The boy says, winking at the girl before she runs off to where Julie was.

"You're just gonna get heartbroken again, Jer-Bear." Carrie says, making the boy roll his eyes. "I mean, have you seen the way she looks at that hot lead guitarist?"

"We're just friends and we both agreed that we're allowed to see and like other people."

Carrie snorts, "Oh, please. Everyone knows that you two are still in love even if you guys are taking an interest in other people."

"Whatever, Carrie."

"I'm just looking out for you, Conte."

"Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup! Here's the new anthem from Julie and the Phantoms."

The garage door's open slowly, revealing Julie and Amelie who smile up at the crowd. They do a little handshake before parting ways, Julie going up to the lead microphone while Amelie picks up a violin from the side of the piano.

Julie nods at Amelie, causing her eyes to flutter shut as she starts to play the intro.

"Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us"

Amelie sets the violin onto its stand before slipping the keytar that sat on the piano bench over her shoulders.

"I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own."

Amelie moves over to Reggie and starts to sing along with him, dancing back to back as she tries her best to completely avoid Luke's eyes.

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great"

Amelie glances at Luke for a second, making him smile a bit before moving up to the mic. Julie gives her a knowing look before blocking her view and dancing with her.

"We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no"

"Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way"

Amelie moves back to Reggies microphone and starts to sing along with Julie and Luke.

"I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own"

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of..."

Amelie starts to feel a bit guilty, feeling Luke's eyes on her, yet she didn't acknowledge them, trying to follow her friends advice about the eye contact.

"Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are no compromise
Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive"

Amelie pulls the microphone from the piano stand and joins Julie at the front of the grand piano, not sitting on it because she was scared she would break it, but leaning against it next to her curly haired friend.

She points out into the crowd at Jeremiah blowing a kiss to him before starting her solo, unknowingly making Luke jealous.

Throughout the girl's solo, Luke walks up to her, playing his guitar part. Amelie looks at him with a bright smile, leaning in a bit as he approaches her, practically singing to him, before belting the last note.

"Ooh-oh
I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of great"

Amelie mentally scolded herself for giving into to those mesmerizing hazel-eyes before moving over to the grand piano bench.

She puts the microphone back before pushing the keytar behind her and playing her part on the grand piano instead.

"Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own."

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) On the edge of great
(Great, on the edge of great) On the edge
'Cause we're standing on the edge of..."

Amelie hums riffs and runs into the microphone as both Julie and Luke join her on the bench. Julie has her back towards Amelie, leaning her head against hers while Luke and Amelie sing/hum their parts into the same mic, their faces inches apart as they stare deeply into each other's eyes.

Amelie's heart skips a bit when Luke glances around her face.

"Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious"

Luke disappears, making Amelie sigh in defeat before looking around at the cheering crowd. She turns to Julie who wore a reassuring smile on her face before both girl's stand up and thank the crowd.

"All right, all right. Give it up one last time for Julie and the Phantoms!" Flynn says.

Julie pats Amelie on the back before walking off into the crowd. Julie's dad and brother move the grand piano out of the way while Jeremiah walks over to Amelie handing her the keyboard and it's stand.

"You ready for this?"