( two ) dirty candy

"Look, I think you should do it and the spirit rally is perfect. And i'm sure I can learn the chords in time–"

"Are't you going to be performing with Dirty Candy already? Your sister would kill you if she saw you performing with me in that costume. "

"I don't care about what Carrie thinks, this is about you and our school." Amelie says, taking a sip from her water bottle. "Send me a picture of what you got, i'll practice after Dirty Candy dance practice."

"Thank you, AJ."

"See you tomorrow, Jules." The girl says, turning off her phone before taking another sip from her water.

"Who was that?"

"It was Julie." Amelie simply says, capping her bottle. "Were you just eavesdropping?"

"No, why would I eavesdrop on you and your boring life? You haven't done anything exciting since you broke up with Jeremiah last year."

"I'm just trying to get through the year, Carrie." Amelie sighs, turning to her sister.

"We're Wilsons, AJ. Dad didn't raise us to be boring, he raised us to be the most extravagant versions of ourselves."

"No," Amelie says, folding her arms over her chest, "he raised you like that. He raised me to be in the background, he won't even let me buy a guitar because he wants me to focus on classical instruments."

"He said that's what your mother would've wanted."

"No, he said that's what my mother did. He wants me to be exactly like my mother and has set an impossible standard for me to meet." Amelie huffs. "In his eyes, my mom was perfect and he expects me to be the same. Rose was the only person who let me be me."

Carrie sighs, a sympathetic look on her face. "Look, I know this past year has been hard for you, but you know you can always talk to me, right?"

"What, so you can judge me?"

Carrie sighs again, wrapping her arms around her sister. "We may not be related by blood, but we grew up together. My dad adopted you when we were both so young, you're my sister. I care about you whether I like it or not. So, i'm being serious when I say that I'll always be here for you. Okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I get it, you softie."

"Okay, but if you tell anybody about this I will hurt you." Carrie says, pulling away from the hug.

"I was about to say the same thing."

"Okay, ladies, let's run it from the top!"

"Check it out, you know, we make them say 'wow'!"

Amelie rolls her eyes as she blows a strand of her red wig out of her face. The second she sees Carrie's arms raise, she moves behind her, adjusting her mic a bit.

"Thank you! Thank you! Make sure to check out my new Youtube Video."

Amelie rolls her eyes once again before nudging her sister a bit, making her roll her eyes.

"Oh, and go Bobcats!"

Carrie turns to leave, making the rest of the group follow after her. When they were finally out of the spotlight, Amelie breaks off from the group, pulling off her wig and tossing over to where her duffel bag was.

"You were hot out there, AJ."

"Yeah, literally. It's so hot under the spotlight." Amelie says, taking off her mic and walking off to give it to the tech guy before jogging back to her spot. "And why do I have to be red? Why can't I be like a dark blue or something?"

"Well, you do look really good in red."

"Whatever." Amelie says, craning her neck to look around the gym for her friend.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for Julie, have you seen her?" Amelie asks, hopping onto her tip-toes to peak over everyones heads.

"Julie? Didn't she get kicked out or something?"

Amelie smiles when spots a familiar face near the entrance of the gym. "I'll be back."

"Wait, where are you—"

Amelie quickly makes her way over to the three ghosts, ducking out of everyones way so that she wouldn't disturb them too much.

"Hey, Jace. You looked great out there."

"Hey, thanks, where's Jules?"

"She went to go up on stage." Luke says, making Amelie nod before running out of the gym and making her way to the stage right entrance door.

Amelie immediately spots Julie as she grabs the microphone. She quickly slides onto the piano bench and starts playing, not giving Julie the chance to back out.

Julie looks back at the girl with wide eyes, making Amelie give the girl a wink before focusing back on the keyboard.

"Sometimes i think i'm falling down
I wanna cry I'm calling out
For one more try to feel alive
And when I feel lost and alone
I know that I Can make it home
Fight through the dark and find the spark"

"Life is a risk but I will take it
Close my eyes and jump together
I think that we can make it
Come on let's run"

Out of nowhere, the boys appear on stage with all their instruments. Amelie smiles as her eyes meets Luke's gaze before she adjust her microphone and starts singing along.

"And rise through the night you and I
We will fight to shine together bright forever
And rise through the night you and I
We will fight to shine together bright"

"In times that i doubted my self
I felt like i needed somе help
Stuck in my head with nothing left
I feel somеthing around me now
So unclear, lifting me out
I found the ground i'm marching on"

Amelie joins Luke and starts to sing the harmony with them as Reggie moves over to her and sings along into her microphone too.

"Life is a risk but we will take it
Close my eyes and jump together
I think that we can make it
Come on let's run"

"And rise through the night you and I
We will fight to shine together bright forever
And rise through the night you and I
We will fight to shine together bright forever"

"In times that i doubted my self
I felt like i needed some help
Stuck in my head with nothing left"

Luke points at, Amelie, making her roll her eyes as she pulls her microphone off of its stand, standing up from the bench before she starts to sing a solo, "And when I feel lost and alone. I know that I can make it home fight through the dark and find the spark."

Amelie puts her microphone back onto the stand as she starts to play the piano again, dancing with Reggie to the beat.

"And rise through the night you and I
We will fight to shine together bright forever
And rise through the night you and I
We will fight to shine together bright forever"

Amelie hops onto her feet a big smile on her face as she looks around the group, once again, meeting Luke's gaze. He winks at her before they all take a bow.

When Julie goes to extend her arms once again, the boy's disappear from the stage, making the crowd confused.

"Oh no."