( ten ) the kiss

I DO NOT OWN 'JUST FOR A MOMENT' THAT WAS WRITTEN AND SUNG BY QUEEN OLIVIA RODRIGO AND MY BABY JOSHUA BASSETT

I ALSO USED THEIR OG LYRICS, YOU'LL SEE WHEN IT GETS TO THE SONG SO DONT BASH ME FOR NOT GETING THE LYRICS RIGHT. IT WAS INTENTIONAL.

"Uh, yeah." Amelie says, plastering a smile on her face, making Jeremiah immediately smile back. "Are you?"

"God, no."

The pair chuckles as they hop onto their stools, adjusting their microphone stands a bit. "This song was written 25 years ago by my mom, Faith, and her friend, Luke. So I dedicate this performance to them."

Amelie looks out into the crowd, searching for the familiar pair of hazel-eyes that she has grown accustomed to. She gives the boy a warm smile which he returns.

"This is 'Just For A Moment'."

"I fell in love
With the only girl who knows what I'm about
I fell in love
With a boy and I can't tell if I fell out
After all is said and done
I can't just pretend I'm moving on
Is it just a part we're playing
'Cause it don't feel like we're fakin'"

Jeremiah shrugs, making Amelie chuckle a bit before glancing down at the keyboard.

"When you look me in the eyes
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singin' side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment"

"Just for a moment
A moment in love (just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?"

Amelie glances up at the crowd, immediately finding Luke's eyes. She winks at him before Jeremiah places a finger under her chin and turns her to look back at him.

"Way, way back then
Always dreamed it's you and me 'til the end
Now, we can't play pretend
And I'm scared to talk to my best friend"

Amelie glances down for a second, thinking about how she wishes she could tell Jeremiah the truth about Luke and the rest of the phantoms.

"Should I stay or let you go?
Will you love me when the curtains close?
Is it just a part we're playing
'Cause it don't feel like we're fakin'"

"When you look me in the eyes
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singin' side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment"

"Just for a moment
A moment in love (just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?"

Amelie smiles, wrapping her hands around the mic, but not taking it off it's stand.

"Maybe
Your heart still stops when you see me
Maybe it's worth another try
Better place, better time"

Amelie smiles proudly before hopping off her stool and dancing as she plays her piano part again, in the crowd she could hear the three ghosts cheering her on loudly.

"When you look me in the eyes
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singin' side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment"

"Just for a moment
A moment in love (just for a moment)
But is a moment enough?"

Jeremiah pushes the guitar to his back, pulling the microphone off the stand. He wraps an arm around the girl's waist and holds the microphone between them.

Their faces inches apart as they sing into the microphone.

"When you look me in the eyes
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment"

Jeremiah smiles before he dips the girl, kissing her as he does so, making the crowd go wild. Amelie lets her eyes flutter shut for a second and kiss back, loving the familiar feeling of him, before a weird sensation washes through her and she remembered something.

Luke. Julie.

She pulls away, causing the boy's eyes to widen as he pulls away too. They awkwardly detach themselves from each other before giving the crowd a small bow.

Amelie's eyes search for Luke to see him walking away. The girl sighs, rushing to put her keyboard away before running into the direction she saw the ghost run off in.

"AJ, wai—"

The girl catches up to the boy who was walking down the path at the front if the house. "Luke," Amelia tries to reach for the boy's hand, making it ultimately fall through it.

The both of them huff, but Luke did stop to let her talk. "You were amazing out there, Jace. You two look great together."

"Luke—"

"AJ, i'm sorry." AJ spins around to see Jeremiah approaching them. "It was the heat of the moment and the jealousy in me from seeing you and that lead guitarist guy earlier." Amelie bites her lip nervously, trying her hardest not to look back at the ghost she knew could hear everything they were saying.

"I promise that it won't happen again, especially since I like Julie now and, God, I hope I didn't mess it up with her."

Amelie glances behind her at Luke. "I-I shouldn't have kissed back, I just— it was so easy with us. There wasn't anything holding us back and I just missed that feeling, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know, but we can't keep doing this to each other." Jeremiah says, running his finger's through his hair. "You were my first love and I was yours, and that's never gonna change and I will always love you, but we can't keep doing this to each other, AJ. We can't keep pining each other along."

"Yeah, I agree." Amelie says, a tear rolling down her face, "Look, don't wait for me to move on. I'm happy that you like Julie again, we both know she's a better match for you anyways, so don't wait. I'll explain to her what happened back there, but don't miss your chance, Miah."

"What about you?" Jeremiah says, making the girl's eyes go wide and her face flush, knowing where this conversation was going. "And that lead guitarist guy, uh- Luke right?"

"It's -uh-" Amelie hears a small snicker from behind her, making her roll her eyes. "Not like that."

"Yeah, well it didn't look like it." Jeremiah chuckles. "Well, I should go back and find Julie and I wanna talk to her before you do."

"All right, i'll see you tomorrow." The two friends give each other a tight hug before Jeremiah jogs off, making Amelie sigh. "Luke, look I—"

"Hold out your hand." Luke says as the girl turns around to him.

"We've tried this a thousand times-" Amelie says, extending out her hand none the less. "-if this is to prove some point, I get it but–"

Amelie's eyes widen when she feels another hand cover hers, interlocking their fingers' together. "How—"

"We've been practicing." Luke smiles before his hand falls through the girl's. "It doesn't last for very long, but we're getting there."

Amelie smiles looking up into the boy's hazel eyes, swooning at his warm gaze and perfect smile. "I really wish that you were the one up there with me."

"Yeah, me too."