( two ) back home

"Woah, woah. AJ, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"It-it's nothing." The girl says, harshly wiping away her tears. "It's just loser teenager problems."

"Do you want me to get Julie?"

"No, it's okay, Carlos." Amelie says, plastering a smile on her face, making the boy feel even worse, not knowing how to make her feel better. "Hey, you know what sounds good though? That dip you made the other day."

"Really? Yeah, I can make some right now." The boy says, cheerfully, running into the house.

Amelie chuckles a bit before pulling her knees back to her chest and leaning her head against the wall of the front of the house.

After what happened between her and Luke, she had called Jeremiah to pick her up. He was trying to get to her as fast as he could, but L.A. traffic that day was hectic.

"AJ?"

"Nick? What are you doing here?" AJ asks, sniffling a bit before wiping her tears away once again.

"I stopped by to give Julie back this tie she let me borrow from her dad." The blonde says before crouching down to sit next to the girl. "But what's wrong?"

"I don't really want to talk about it."

"Oh come on, AJ. I've known you for a long time and I dated your sister so I think I know about relationship issues."

"Is it that obvious that it's about a boy?" Amelie rolls her eyes, making him nod. "Fine, well, I thought the feelings I felt with this guy that I had been talking to for months now were mutual, but today when I was literally singing my heart out, he told me that he whats to end whatever was going on between us."

"God, it was so embarrassing." Amelie says, rubbing her hands on her face. "I really thought what we had was real, you know? That there was connection, but I was just so naive to think that our relationship could become something more than just casual flirting. I knew I shouldn't have gotten so attached."

"You know what I think?" Nick says, nudging the girl with his shoulder a bit. "I think that you have the perfect opportunity to reinvent yourself this summer at the symphony."

"What?"

"Yeah, it would be the perfect time for you to do some self discovery. Maybe write a few songs, meet new people. There are plenty other guys out there who would've treated you better than Luke."

Amelie furrows her eyebrows a bit in confusion. "How'd you know I was talking about Luke?"

"Oh -uh- Julie mentioned something about the chemistry you two have on stage and I took a guess." The blonde says with a shrug.

"Oh, yeah." Amelie says before taking a deep breath. "But, you're right. I'm tired of feeling this way. This weak feeling like how I felt back when I was with Dirty Candy. I'm done."

"Thanks, Nick. I really needed that."

"Hey, no problem, AJ." Nick says, giving the girl a high-five. As soon as the two made contact, a small spark jolted between them, making the girl jerk back a bit. "Sorry, I was at the basketball courts earlier."

Amelie holds her hand, the tingly feeling from the small shock still lingering. "I used to love shocking people like that in middle school."

"Yeah, I know, I was one of them."

"We didn't go to the same middle school, Nick."

"Sorry, I meant that I was one of those kids that would get shocked by people." The boy quickly covers up. "Well, i'll probably see you when you get back from New York."