( seven ) finally free

bolded is the part she's singing solo
and js imagine her harmonizing whenever if it doesn't say.

"Amelie isn't here yet, aren't you scared that she might not show up?"

"Why would I be scared? We can do the routine without her." The pink-haired girl says, unbeknownst to the fact that the brunette they were talking about was just a few feet away. "Plus, I can carry the vocals all by myself."

"Is that right, Carrie?" The 'red-head' says, folding her arms over her chest. "You know what? I'm tired of living like this. I'm tired of just being a back-up. I have my own dreams. And this," Amelie says, gesturing to the group, "is not it. At one point in my life it might've been, but now, it feels more like a chore. So if you really think you can handle this by yourself, fine. I wasn't gonna tell you about this until after the performance, but I joined Julie's band."

"What?!"

"And I wasn't planning on completely quitting Dirty Candy because I didn't want to leave you, but now that I know that you don't even want me in the band anymore, I might as well quit entirely."

"AJ—"

"Give it up for, Dirty Candy!"

"Can you please just do this last performance with us?" Carrie sighs in defeat, making Amelie scoff before giving her sister a small nod. "Thank you."

Throughout the song, you could sense the tension between the two sister's, though it seemed to ease up a bit when Alex popped onto stage and danced along with Amelie, making her smile.

The song finally came to an end and Amelie was the first to walk off of the stage. Julie and Flynn quickly walk up to her with her duffel bag.

Amelie tears off her wig and pulls out all the bobby pins and hair ties before letting her wavy brown hair fall past her shoulders. She takes off her mesh red jacket and replaces it with an oversized black sweat-shirt dress that ended a bit under her shorts.

"Last chance to come back to Dirty Candy, AJ." Carrie says, looking the girl up and down. "We'll take you back with open arms."

"Not happening, Carrie." Amelie says, grabbing the keytar from Flynn and slinging it around her shoulders. "I'm done being your back-up."

"Whatever. Daddy won't be very happy about this though." Carrie says before looking over to Julie and Flynn. "Hi, girls. Um, isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Now I remember." Flynn says, rolling her eyes.

"If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come."

"That's not why i'm here and you know that." Julie says, taking an intimidating step forward.

"Okay, it looks like we're closing the night out with one more group, Julie and the Fat Ones."

Amelie cringes at the name, shaking her head before looking back at Luke. "Really?" Alex says.

"Yeah, man. My handwriting sucks."

Julie and Amelie look at each other before walking onto the stage. Amelie takes a seat on the piano bench, adjusting the mic while Julie goes to the center mic.

"It's actually "Julie and the Phantoms"." The curly haired girl gives Amelie a side glance. The brunette just gives the girl a thumbs up before looking down at the keyboard. "Okay."

Amelie lets out a shaky breath before she starts playing the intro of the song, her eyes fluttering shut for a bit as she gets lost in the music.

"Hearts on fire
We're no liars
So we say what we wanna say
I'm awakened
No more faking
So we push all our fears away
Don't know if I'll make it cause I'm falling under
Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder
I wanna fly
Come alive
Watch me shine"