Chapter 4 - Exam and Scholarship

You were about to leave the last shop you wanted to check out in the shopping mall when someone called you on your phone. You looked at your brother and passed him the phone, not wanting to answer it yourself.

After a few minutes, your brother explained everything to you. He started a monologue saying that the manager of a popular clothes brand wants you to be the model and they'll pay you ten million dollars if you are willing to be the model. Your brother accepted that request so now you'll get the fortune.

You and your brother started a long conversation about the modeling stuff. "Let's go to Kalos High and enroll Y/N into the school," your mother interrupted. "Okay, wait but when will I go to the modeling place?" you asked your brother. "Tomorrow," your brother replied. You nodded and went to the place where the limousine is parked.

"So Y/N, what subject are you going to test or audition for the scholarship?" your brother asked. "Music, Math, Science, Physical Education, English, French if this subject is available," you replied with a confident voice. You didn't need to stress and revise for the test because you are a genius in your age.

The ride was about two hours long because the school was far away. You got off and jumped around when you reached the school's entrance. Queen Diantha took you to the principal's office and the principal gasped when you entered. "Your Highness, nice to meet you I'm the principal of this school,"

You blushed at the thought the principal was using those super formal words even when you're going to be a student. "You don't have to speak so formally to me, I'm going to be a student in this school very soon." The principal shook her head. "I must respect the Princess of the Royal Palace of Kalos."

After a while of talking about things that aren't related to you enrolling in the school, the principal explained everything about the school. She explained the school system, the people, the rules, and everything else. "Seems like there will be three languages to choose after all," you thought. The principal gave you a sheet of paper for you to choose the subjects and the scholarship you will be auditioning for later. You ticked the French box, deciding to opt for French in the languages. There was Spanish, German, and French but still, you liked French the most so you just picked that.

You read the scholarship section, and all the subjects you will be having at school was there. English, French, Math, Science, Music, Geography, History, Philosophy&Religous Studies, Information Technology, Design Technology, and PE. You didn't want to tick all of the subjects so you selected English, French, Math, Science, Music, and PE.

"Alright Your Highness, you will take your test now, to see if you have the quality for this school," the principal said. You nodded and followed her while waving to your brother and your mother.

You went to a giant room and the principal handed you a piece of paper as she sat on the desk many meters away from you. There were three double-sided pages for all the subjects and they didn't look hard at all. You took a pen from your pocket and began to write down the answers quickly.

"I'm finished," you say in a cheerful voice. "Wow, that was quick? Well, Your Highness, you can audition for the scholarship now," the principal responded. She gave you another four double sided pages for your scholarship test and you stared at the paper with confidence. "Wow, so this is what I learn my age, seems like I'm ahead!" you thought to yourself.

The math test was quite easy since you've learned that stuff a while ago, the English test was very easy because you only had to do a reading comprehension, Science was the easiest because it's just basic stuff you've learnt two years ago. The French test was the hardest because you had to write a 1000 worded article about primary school, which you didn't go to.

The principal was once again, shocked that you finished everything so swiftly and she took you to the music room. "Your Highness, you will be tested on your sight reading, scales, how much you can play after listening to a song, and most importantly, a piece you will be playing. The piece must be grade 7 or above."

You smiled and nodded as you sat down and got ready to play a piece. "May I ask, what song you will be playing?" the principal asked. "La Campanella by Liszt," you answered and you started to play after a few seconds.

You finished the song and the principal clapped loudly. "Your Highness, you are amazing!!!" You smiled as she handed you a piece of sight reading. You stared at the piece of sight reading and played it fluently, just like the song. The principal's jaws dropped after you finished the sight reading.

Next you did scales. The scales were easy and you didn't break a sweat. Finally, the principal played one of the hardest songs a human can play on the piano, on her phone and you played it fluently. "Your Highness, did you know that song before or is it because you have perfect pitch hearing?"

You frowned slightly and shook your head. "Of course not, I don't even know the name of the song." You laughed at the principal's reaction.

Next, you did the PE scholarship test. The principal tested your stamina, muscular endurance, flexibility muscular strength and agility. You did it perfectly. Then she led you out, back to your family and you sat down on a chair next to Queen Diantha. "So? How was it," your brother asked. "Very easy," you replied with a grin on your face.

You've sat there for about an hour and the principal came out. "Y/N, you passed, not just passed actually. You've scored 100 percent in the entrance exam and you passed your scholarship test!"

You jumped up of euphoria and quickly blushed when you realized everyone was looking. "Sorry," you said, "I...uh...got overexcited." The principal shook her head "No worries." Next, your mother squealed and grabbed you in a tight hug, so tight you thought you were going to die of lacking oxygen. Your brother grabbed your hands and swung you around.