Chapter 20 - Nightmare

"What's the plan?" you whispered. "Alright, so we're going to trap the grunts by making them fall asleep using lasers, which you get to shoot. Next, we'll destroy Lysandre's wrecking ball to prevent the palace from being dismantled," you mother said. "That's stupid of them to want to demolish the palace," you snorted.

You ran to the castle and grabbed a laser shooter that makes people fall asleep when you shoot. "Lil sis wait up!" your brother called. "Going to shoot grunts!" you called back. "Oh alright," your brother said as he ran off to make the trap.

You went to the top of the palace and started shooting the Team Flare grunts with the laser gun. You were about to shoot Lysandre too, but he went inside the wrecking ball vehicle.

You angrily stomped your foot on the ground. Suddenly, someone anonymous put their arms around your waist and hugged you tightly. You screamed and kicked back. "Who are you?!" you shouted as you punched the person in the stomach while your eyes are closed due to fear. "Y/N stop!" he cried. "Ash? What are you doing here, and oh my god, I'm so sorry," you said as you helped him back up. "Did I hit you hard?"

"I'm okay, don't worry. But what are you doing here?" Ash questioned. "It's dangerous, you know?" You ignored him and continued shooting the grunts. "Where's everyone else?" you queried. "The gang is arrested, Clemont is clearing the stuff up while everyone else is helping. Clemont said he's sorry for all this," Ash said.

"Here, take this," you said, handing him a gun. "Use this if you're in danger." "Thanks I guess," he said. You finished shooting the grunts and left the top of the palace.

"Hey Y/N!! The wrecking ball is not moving!!! How funny is that!!! Lysandre didn't prepare well," Steven hysterically laughed. "Oh really, now we get more time to bomb that thing, do we?" you asked. "Yeah," he replied.

Police officers arrived at the scene and started arresting grunts. "Hey I think Lysandre is going back to his stupid hideout," you declared.

Everbody looked at where Lysandre was but he successfully fled the scene and so did the grunts that aren't arrested yet, including Paul.

"Okay, I'm going to sleep, bye," you said to your brother. "WHAT?!! NOW?!" he freaked out. "Yeah?" you replied.

You went to your room and slammed the door shut and locked the balcny door. Your phone vibrated all of a sudden so you took it out and read the message. It was a message from Ash.

'Hey'

'Hi...what's up'

'I'm at the top of the palace, how do I get down?'

'Figure it out yourself'

'Seriously?!'

'Yeah, cya'

'Waittttt'

'What'

'Can I spend the night here?'

'Sure, you don't need to ask you know'

'Uhh...okay, thanks :3'

You shut your phone and turned on the TV. "Hey viewers, Lysandre is back again, yes we all hate him! Right now, he is trying to plot on the monarch and become King of Kalos!! How insane is that?!! We don't want him to be King and he won't!! Let's all fight for out rights and oh- it looks like that wrecking ball is destroyed, I think it is. Let's look at the footage again," the news reporter said. "Wow looks like Her Majesty Queen Diantha bombed that wrecking ball! HA LYSANDRE IS ESCAPING THE SCENE NOW WOW!!!" the news reporter laughed.

~Time Skip~

You fell asleep after an hour of constant trying to fall asleep. You finally fell asleep but you realized you were in an uncomfortable position but you were too tired to wake up and fuss about every nook and cranny of everything.

"W-Where am I?? What's this place??" you thought. "Wait...why can I hear my own voice when my mouth is not open?" You sealed your mouth with both your hands. "What????" you screamed. "Since when did I get this power??? "

You slapped your face hard and winced from the pain. "I AM NOT DREAMING!!!" you screamed.

"Come this way," a dark voice echoed the atmosphere. "Come where?!" you shouted. "Here!!!" the voice retorted.

Your instincts chose a direction to go and you started strolling to that particular direction. Suddenly, your hands started to turn bony. Your body started to turn to a skeleton.

You opened your eyes and looked at the clock. "1:08 AM, ugh it was just a nightmare," you thought. You went back to sleep after your breathing shallowed and slowed down.

"Where am I?" you asked. "What?" a shadow echoed. "I said where am I," you repeated. "Oh, you're at Lysandre Labs," a voice answered. You immediately recognized that voice, Xerosic.

"Strangle her," a dark, baritone voice hissed. "Let me go!" you screamed. "Hi Y/N, I'm going to assassinate you," the man said, pulling off his hood. "Lysandre?" you yelled and thrashed around.

The next thing you found was that you were pinned onto the wall by Team Flare grunts. "Now I shall give you painful death," Lysandre said, with a tone that haunts anyone.

"Any last words?" he added. "Go away," you yelled in fear and indignation. The vexation in your voice slowly disappeared when Lysandre got ready to shoot a laser beam at you.

"Now you shall suffer the pain. Goodbye," Xerosic smirked and the vexation in his heart appeared and-

You screamed and opened your eyes. Then, you went inside your blanket, covering your entire body, including your head, inside the blanket. You felt your heartbeat increase and you felt like having a heart attack, thus it felt like popping out any minute.

Your bedroom door opened and you screamed again, but didn't get out. "Y/N? Are...you okay?" Ash asked. "I heard a scream so I ran towards the noise, but turns out it was you so you okay?"

You didn't move a muscle as you didn't dare to. "What's wrong?" Ash questioned in concern. You finally got out and squealed as you leaped into Ash's arms. "Wh-what?" he blinked in confusion.

"Lysandre is trying to kill me," you whispered in fear and vexation. "What?? Is that a nightmare?" he asked. "Yeah but there's something called 'Dream Come True' you know," you whimpered. A tear drop fell down onto your face.

"It's okay don't cry I'm here," Ash comforted. You held back your tears but the shock was too much for you, especially in this state. "I'm never going to sleep," you said in consternation. "What?!" Ash cried. "Why?! It's only 4:57 AM!!!"

"Not after that dream," you muttered as you hugged Ash tighter. "Oh well, I can't force you," he replied. "You should go get some sleep," you said. "But will you be okay?" Ash asked in concern. "Yeah," you replied as he put you down on the bed.

"Night, love you," he said as he closed the door. You felt darkness surround you so you flicked on the light switch. "That's better," you sighed.

You found some comedy tv show episodes on a video platform and started watching it. "No more horror for now," you sighed and leaned onto the bed.