Chapter 9 - Is this actually love?

For the next two weeks, you noticed that Ash blushed more often and he seemed to crush on you. Every day, his crush on you got stronger and stronger. You also felt like he flirted a little. You didn't mind though, but you have to admit that it felt a little awkward.

You met a boy two years older than you, who has black hair and his name is Alain. He is quite edgy towards some of your friends, and the school bully, Paul. He seemed to be quite open to you after you've met him for a few days. You also met a maroon haired girl named Mairin and she Alain's childhood friend. In your first ICT class, about 8 days ago, you met Gladion, a boy who has blond hair and long tousled bangs covering his right eye. He seemed way edgier than Alain and he wasn't so open to you and Ash. In ICT, your teacher assigned seats for all of you so you got put with Gladion and two other kids. Ash got put in the seat on your left and Gladion on your right.

-------------

"Hey Y/N! Wake up!!" Ash sat next to you and called loudly, trying to wake you up. You felt contact on your cheeks and you opened your eyes. "Huh? Oh uh...right. Wait were you poking my cheeks?" you mumbled. "Yeah, you wouldn't wake up so I did that," Ash replied. "Mmm," you blushed.

~Time Skip~

Lesson 2 just ended and now you guys have break time and fortunately, you could finally stop doing work you hate.

"Y/N...you uhh...want to go to the...big tree near the field?" Ash invited and blushed strongly. Your blush amplified after. "Uhhh sure, I think," you replied. You two started to head to the tree.

Once you've reached the tree, you immediately sat down. "Ahh, this feels great, no class at the moment," you sighed as you placed both your hands on the ground next to you. Ash, who sat down right next to you, blushed and pretended to look somewhere else, but really, he was looking at your hand.

Ash's POV

Should I hold Y/N's hand? Wait nono, what did I just think??? Why am I blushing lately?? Why am I suddenly nervous around Y/N? Why just why?? This is so weird, what am I feeling? WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS??? WHAT?? Do I- wait, no. I don't even know what I'm feeling, what's this?

Y/N just put her hand right next to her. She looks so cute! Wait...what??? What did I just think about???

Your POV

You caught Ash blushing and sweatdropping and you looked away and got lost in your thoughts while you drank your lemonade.

Suddenly, Ash moved his hand towards you and held your hand. You immediately looked at him. "Wait...did he just try to hold my hand??? Aww that's cute!! He's adorable when he blushes!!! Wait no no NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHAT DID I JUST THINK???" you thought. "Ash are you okay?" you asked, touching his forehead. "You look like you have a fever."

He was blushing madly and sweating so you had a feeling he got fever. "More like love fever," you thought. "Uhh...I-I-I'm f-fine," he stuttered. "Alright if you say so."

~Time Skip~

You caught Ash staring at you and blushing in both classes you had just now and you thought it was cute.

You two went back to the tree and had lunch. "Hey Y/N, I have a question," Ash suddenly asked and scratched his cheeks. "Yeah?" you replied. "What does love mean to you?" he asked. You felt weird when he asked you this. "Love...being with family, love for family. But friends too, I love my friends, but loving them as friends, people who I feel comfortable around and people I can trust. Also, a crush too. It doesn't have to be marriage or anything to me, as long as I can be with the people I love, I'm fine," you said. Ash stared at you again and his mouth opened wide. "What?" you asked sweetly. "You have a crush?" You knew he had a crush on you so you decided to tease him a little but because you thought it was cute. "Hmm?" You peeked closer and saw him blushing harder.

You poked his shoulders to try and get him to talk. "N-N-No I-I don't!!!" he shouted. "Your blush tells me you do," you teased as you poke his cheeks. "He's so cute!!!!!" you mentally screamed. "Fine, I do!" he confessed. "Oh wait I said it! UGHH Y/N come back here!" he yelled as you started to run. "Come get me," you smirked and stood still. He got closer to your spot and you ran and grabbed your bag and ran faster.

"You run too fast!!!" Ash yelled and panted. "Nah, you just didn't put all your effort into it, that's all," you calmly said as you started walking to class.

~Time Skip~

Class finally ended, which you felt a little sad about, because you had tons of fun. During class, your teacher told you guys to complete work from previous lessons, and you spent the whole time talking to Korrina.

You and Ash headed back to the dorm and decided to clear some homework. "How much homework do you have?" you asked. "A LOT!!!" he sarcastically said. "Well, good luck," you replied and got up from your seat. One look at your homework told you you wouldn't want to start now. You know almost everything you had to learn this year but you just didn't want to do anything at the moment.

~7:00 PM~

"Done!" Ash loudly said, as he dropped his pen down onto the table causing a loud noise. He then put his hands up and stumbled over to the bed. "I'm tired," he mumbled. "Seriously?" you asked, as you went over to his side. "Yeah," he mumbled again, and drifted off into a light sleep. You stroked his hair while he slept and blushed.

"Does love feel like that? Is this the road to a romantic relationship? Is this strange feeling called love? Do I actually love him? Is this actually love?" you thought.

❤️☀️𝙼𝚢 𝙵𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚎 (𝙰𝚜𝚑𝚇𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛)🌙💙जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें