6-The married couple

They took a flight to L.A. and said goodbye to each other at the airport with a promise to see each other again soon. Louis went back home with Harry. It would look weird if they spent time apart right now. A spur-of-the-moment plan to get Harry a green card had suddenly turned into a full-blown scam and they both felt bad about it but there was no turning back now.

Harry showed him inside and there was an awkward silence between them. They hadn't lived together in a couple of years and they sure as hell weren't married then. The fact that they had kissed yesterday made them both nervous, but neither of them addressed the elephant in the room.

Harry showed him one of the guestrooms. Louis hadn't brought any clothes so Harry lent him some. He found a new toothbrush as well.
"I'll get some stuff tomorrow." Louis said.

"Yeah...uhm...are you hungry? Do you want me to cook something or should we just order in?" Harry asked.

"I missed your cooking but let's just order something and watch a movie?" Louis suggested.

"Sounds good." Harry smiled.

The awkward silence made itself present again.
"Chinese?" Louis asked to have something to say.

"Sure! Oh, do you still wanna go to Jamaica? I should give Jeff a call in that case."

"Yeah! I mean, if you wanna go?" Louis immediately replied.

"Of course! Will you make the order in the meantime? I have menus in the top drawer by the sink." Harry said.

"I'll do that." Louis answered and hurried to the kitchen to get away from all of that awkwardness between them.

Harry sighed but picked up his phone to call his manager. He hadn't told him that the marriage was a fraud. He figured the fewer people that knew the smaller chance of Louis going to jail. The only ones besides him and Louis that knew were Niall and Liam, obviously, and he trusted them with his life.

Jeffrey fully understood that they wanted a honeymoon and gave Harry two weeks off just like that. Harry felt awful for lying to him. He hung up the phone and went to look for Louis. He found him in the living room.
"So Jeff just gave me two weeks off." He stated as soon as he entered the room and spotted Louis on the sofa.

Louis lit up like the sun.
"That's great! Come on! Get your laptop so we can book a flight."

Harry chuckled but came and sat down next to Louis and reached for a laptop under the coffee table. He googled vacation spots in Jamaica and started to scroll through the search results.
"So what do you have in mind?" He asked Louis.

"How about that one?" Louis suggested and pointed to one of the links.

Harry clicked on the link. It was a site for renting luxury bungalows.
"Yes!" Louis shouted excitedly.

Harry looked at him with an amused smile.
"You wanna rent one of these?"

"You don't like them? We can go to a hotel instead. That's fine." Louis stressed.

"I like them, Lou. They're on the beach. They're great!" Harry hurried to assure him.

He looked around at the different options.
"Oh, there's only one bed in all of them."

"Luxury my ass!" Louis snorted.

"It's just a bed. I don't mind sharing. I mean, it's a king-size bed so..." Harry said with hesitation.

"Yeah, that's cool. It's supposed to be our honeymoon after all. It would look suspicious if we had separate beds." Louis answered, sounding nervous.

"Yeah, that's true. So do you wanna rent the honeymoon bungalow. Go all-in?" Harry chuckled.

"Why not?" Louis smirked.

Harry clicked on the special bungalow and got directed to a page where he could choose dates.
"Wanna leave tomorrow? We're lucky! It's available."

"For that price, I'm not surprised." Louis chuckled.

"Jeff gave me two weeks off. Can you stay that long?" Harry asked and bit his lower lip.

"Yes. Go for it!" Louis smiled.

Harry filled in the dates and reached for his credit card to pay.
"I should pay! It was my idea!" Louis protested.

"You can pay for the plane tickets and take me out for a fancy dinner or something." Harry suggested.

"Fine." Louis huffed.

Harry paid and then he booked them plane tickets for the next day as well. The speakerphone from the front gate sounded and Louis got up to get their food. Harry picked out a movie in the meantime. Louis came back after a couple of minutes and put the food on the coffee table.
"What are we watching?"

"I thought we would go with a suitable theme, Whatever happens in Vegas." Harry smirked.

Louis laughed and shook his head in amusement.
"At least Kutcher is hot."

"Uhm, yeah." Harry said a bit confused. Why would Louis say Kutcher instead of Cameron Diaz? That made no sense.

They began to eat as soon as Harry started the movie.
"Hey! That's what our wedding must have looked like. Oh God." Louis laughed.

Harry's stomach turned into butterflies from hearing Louis say our wedding. That was just stupid. He shouldn't get any ideas.
"Probably." He laughed along.

They watched the movie mostly in silence and when the end credits started to roll Louis stretched his arms over his head and yawned.
"Good movie, funny. I'm gonna go to bed. I'm beat. I'll have to get up early tomorrow so I can go home and pack a bag for our vacation. Night Haz."

"Yeah, night Lou." Harry answered and stood up to clear the table from their leftovers.

Louis rolled his eyes at him but go up as well to help out. They threw away the garbage and after another "goodnight" they went their separate ways.

When Harry har settled in bed he laid awake with thoughts spinning around in his head. He was married. He was married to Louis. He knew that it was just for his green card but having Louis back in his life 24/7 was overwhelming. He had really missed him. He felt anxious about the future. Posting those videos put a lot of pressure on them. He was okay with it. It hadn't exactly been how he had pictured coming out but he was kind of relieved that he finally had. The only one who didn't know about his sexuality now was Louis. His husband. Wasn't that ironic?