10-House shopping

They spent the evenings looking for a new house, curled up on the couch together. They had made a list together of what they were looking for. Harry wanted a big kitchen and Louis wanted a big garden. Other than that they were surprisingly in sync.

They were half laying on the couch. Harry was resting his head on Louis' chest, sitting in front of him while Louis leaned back against the armrest. Harry had the computer in his lap and scrolled through real estate pages.
"This one!" He shouted all of a sudden.

He clicked on a link to a house to look at the pictures and got more and more excited. It was perfect! He turned his head to glance at Louis.
"What do you think?"

Louis smiled at him.
"I think it's worth a visit. I'll call the real estate first thing tomorrow. Save the page."

Harry did as he was told and closed the laptop after that and yawned.
"Tired hubby?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna call it the night." Harry said and sat up. He put the laptop on the coffee table.

"Yeah, I'm gonna hit the sack too. We have a big day tomorrow." Louis smirked.

Somehow James' team had convinced Simon to let Louis go on the Late late-night show with Harry. They had called James who immediately had congratulated them, sounding really excited and happy for them. They both felt bad for lying to him but they couldn't act differently.

They had sent in the papers to apply for a marriage green card and they were both nervous. Harry had also sent a request to change his last name to Tomlinson to make it look more legit. They had gotten their marriage certificate in the mail a week ago.

They were waiting for the marriage green card interview and quizzed each other daily on things they should know about each other. That wasn't hard. They knew each other really well. They just had to get the dates right. That was the hard part because that was the lie. They had decided on dates for when they allegedly confessed their feelings for each other, for when they got together, and for when Louis proposed. They really hadn't thought this through. The punishment for being caught lying was severe but there was no turning back now.

They said goodnight and went to their separate bedrooms. Harry had a hard time falling asleep. It was a good thing he had years of practice suppressing his feelings but that didn't mean that it didn't hurt. It was even worse this time around because now they were married and pretended to be a couple in the public eye. He sighed and closed his eyes. His bed felt empty. He had gotten used to sleeping next to Louis when they were in Jamaica. He somehow managed to fall asleep.

Louis was also awake. He was confused. Maybe there had been a time when he had felt something more than just a platonic friendship towards Harry but he had buried those feeling deep down. Simon had taken him into the office and explained to him how the business worked. He had told him that he and Harry would never be accepted as a couple and they would lose all their fans if they got together. Simon asked him if he was willing to destroy the chance they got for a teenage crush. So he closed that door and convinced himself that he was straight. He got a long-term girlfriend too. That didn't work out.

Now he was hit with all kinds of emotions and his head was a mess. The fans hadn't rejected them, they embraced it. They welcomed them into their rainbow family. He was moved beyond belief. Simon had been wrong all along but he had been too afraid to acknowledge that. He knew he was too late. If Harry by any chance had liked him in the past he surely had gotten over it years ago. He had been so stupid.

He turned to his side and clutched a pillow against his chest. He had gotten used to sleeping with his arms around Harry. Maybe they should only look at one-bedroom houses? Yeah, because that would be easy to come up with an explanation for. Not transparent at all. He somehow managed to drift off to sleep.

The next morning, while Harry cooked breakfast, Louis called the real estate agency, stating their interest in the house they found last night. The woman on the other line sounded excited and told him that she could show them the house later that day.
"Haz! Do you wanna look at that house today?"

"Yeah!"

Louis decided on a time when they would meet up with the woman by the house and hung up the phone.
"12."

"Great." Harry smiled.

Time flew and they drove together to the address. It was located in the Hidden hills. It was a gated community that held a lot of celebrities. It was perfect for them. They would hopefully be left alone there. They explained their business to the guard in front of the main gate and after he checked his records they could come inside. They drove past one luxury villa after another before they found the right address and Harry parked the car on the driveway.

A woman came toward them as soon as they got out of the car. She introduced herself as Mrs. Swanson and they both shook her hand. She started to talk enthusiastically about the house and showed them around.

They spent an hour walking around. The house was huge. Eight bedrooms, a big kitchen and dining room, and the backyard were great. There were a pool and a hot tub on one end and a big lawn in front of the house. It had a big porch as well.
"What do you think?" Harry whispered to Louis.

"It's perfect!" Louis immediately said.

"I think so too. So we're buying it?" Harry smiled.

"Yes." Louis grinned.

Harry turned to the woman.
"We'll take it!"