11-Late late show

Later that day they headed to the Late late show. They were both nervous. James har talked to both of them about the questions he was gonna ask and they had both approved them. Nevertheless, this was the first time they would act like a married couple to the public, if their videos didn't count.  

They were backstage in their dressing room and Louis was restless. His legs were jumping and he was fiddling with everything. Harry watched him for a while and then he got up and stood in front of him. Louis looked up at him. Harry leaned down and placed his hand on the back of Louis' neck and stroked it for comfort. He leaned their foreheads together. Louis took a deep breath and relaxed.
"That's it. Good, relax. We're gonna do great. We just have to act like we always act around each other. Okay?"

"Okay." Louis said. He felt strangely calm. He had no idea how Harry did it but he always seemed to know how to ground him. It had been like that since the start back in the X-factor.
"You're on in five." A staff member announced.

"Let's do this." Harry smiled.

They followed the staff backstage and waited for their cue to go on stage. Louis took Harry's hand and entwined their fingers together. Harry looked down at their hands and gave Louis a reassuring squeeze. They could do this.

"And now, do I have a special treat for you. Two of my friends, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles! Yes, you heard me correctly. Welcome boys!" James announced and the audience went wild.

Harry and Louis both took a deep breath and walked out on stage hand in hand. They waved to the audience before they took a seat in front of James who was smiling brightly at them. It took a while for the audience to calm down.
"Hi, James." Louis said.

"Thanks for having us." Harry smiled.

"It's great to see you guys." James smiled.

"Likewise." Louis answered.

"So a lot has happened since we saw each other last time. You two got married! My invitation must have disappeared in the mail."

"Yeah, sorry about that. We couldn't wait so we went to Vegas with Niall and Liam." Harry chuckled.

The audience screamed. James tried to calm them down.
"Congratulations on the marriage. You really surprised the whole world. So is it Mr. and Mr. Styles now?"

"Mr. Tomlinson's actually. I'm still waiting for the name change to go through and I'm still gonna be Harry Styles on stage." Harry smiled.

The audience went "aaaaawww."

"I'm really happy for you guys." James beamed.

"Thank you." Louis said. He was still holding Harry's hand firmly.

"So, take me down memory lane. When did you fall in love?" James asked.

Harry and Louis exchanged a look.
"Ehm, well, the first time we met was in a bathroom at the X-factor and Harry peed on me. It was love at first sight." Louis chuckled.

Harry blushed.
"Why did you have to tell them the pee story? I was mortified! The most beautiful boy I have ever seen in my life was standing next to me, and I peed on him. Talk about humiliating."

Louis gave him a surprised look. Most beautiful boy he had ever seen? Harry was good at fabricating a story.
"Well, you got my attention."

"Have you been in love ever since?" James cooed.

"I can only talk for myself but yes, that was it for me." Harry confessed and bit his lower lip.

Louis stared at him again.
"Uhm, yeah, same for me, but that doesn't mean we got together back then."

"You didn't? That's disappointing." James sighed. "So what happened?"

"Well, we were put in a band together and decided to be just friends. We didn't want to complicate things. We didn't really talk about it. It was more like a silent agreement." Harry said. 

"That's too bad. But obviously, something changed along the way?" James asked.

"Yeah, I never fell out of love with Harry. So when we went on a hiatus I finally confessed my feelings and Harry told me that he loves me too. I'm the luckiest man on this planet. I proposed a while after that. I didn't want to wait any longer. I held back for years." Louis said and looked at Harry.

Harry seemed emotional. He leaned forward and pecked Louis' lips. Louis' eyes grew wide and he let out a small gasp before he managed to pull himself together. The audience screamed.  
"Same for me." Harry said softly.

"So you proposed Louis?" James asked.

"Uhm, yeah." Louis answered.

"It was very romantic." Harry said and smiled.

"Do you mind sharing the story?" James smiled.

"Of course not. Ehm, Louis had rented a restaurant for just the two of us and we had a lovely dinner." Harry started off and looked at Louis.

"Yeah, I was a bit nervous." Louis chuckled.

"And then a string quartet started playing What makes you beautiful because..." Louis continued.

"That's the song we fell in love too." Harry chipped in.

"Uhm yeah, and then I went down on one knee and proposed." Louis said.

"He said the sweetest things." Harry chipped in.

"Like?" James asked.

"Ehm, that's private. Sorry. But I popped the question and Harry said yes." Louis finished off.

"That's wonderful guys. Can we see the rings?" James asked.

Harry and Louis held out their hands and showed him the rings that Niall had bought them. 
"Beautiful. And then you went to Vegas with the boys?"

"Yeah, It was a fun wedding." Louis smirked.

"And let's just take a moment to appreciate how fun the after-party was." James chuckled and some of their videos started to play.

Both Harry and Louis grunted and hid their faces in their hands. They hadn't watched the videos since the day after the wedding.
"So to sum this up. Niall was your maid of honor and according to Liam Larry Stylinson is fucking real bitches! Thanks for coming guys and once again, congratulations on the wedding!"

Louis and Harry waved and got off the stage. That had gone better than expected.