13-Green card interview

"Relax Boobear. We got this." Harry whispered to a visibly nervous Louis.

The day had come for their marriage green card interview at the immigrant office. Niall had drilled them day and night to get their answers to line up but they were nervous as hell. They had no idea what they actually were gonna ask them. Someone came out in the waiting area and called for them. This was it.

They were shown to a small room and were greeted by a firm-looking man in his fifties. They shook his hand before they took a seat.
"So, you're applying for a marriage green card, is that correct Mr. Styles?"

"It's Mr. Tomlinson now but that's correct Sir." Harry answered and gulped nervously. Louis took his hand to calm him down.

"It's my job to determine if this marriage is legit or not. I want you both to be aware that you can be charged up to five years in prison for green card fraud."

"We know that Sir." Louis answered.

"Let's begin. Where did you two meet?"

"In a bathroom at the X factor in England eight years ago." Harry said and smiled.

"He peed on my shoe." Louis added.

The immigrant officer just stared at them blankly and took notes.
"What did the two of you have in common?"

"We both wanted a singing career and we were put in a band together. Maybe you heard of us? One Direction." Louis answered and smiled widely. The immigrant officer didn't as much as blink.

"What else?"

"We share the same kind of humor. We're not that alike actually. We have different interests, different personalities. But we always got along really well and we both care about our families and our fans." Harry answered.

"Mhm." The immigrant officer grunted and made a note.

"Where was your first date?"

"I asked Harry out for dinner and a movie. We kept it simple. We ate pizza at Alfredo's on 24th street and then we watched a movie at The Scala." Louis answered.

"What movie?"

"X-men. Don't know which one. There's so many." Harry chuckled.

They had agreed to make it sound as natural as possible. Too many specific answers could be suspicious.

"When did your relationship become romantic?"

"Recently. We've been friends for years. We didn't act on our emotions while we were in a band together. The band went on a hiatus in early 2016 and I confessed my feelings for Harry sometime after that and asked him out on a date. He said yes." Louis grinned.

The immigrant officer stared at them pensively and wrote something down.

"When you say recently, how long is that? Give me a time frame."

Oh, Louis knew he fucked up. He tried to fix it, sounding stressed out.
"Ehm, like...a year and a half."

Harry put his hand on Louis' knee and squeezed it to make him calm down. Louis took a deep breath and relaxed.

"Did you tell your friends and families about the two of you then?"

"Ehm, no." Harry admitted.

"Why not?" The immigrant officer immediately questioned.

"We weren't ready to come out. We're both really famous and we were both really nervous about the reaction we would receive. We decided together to keep it a secret from everyone until we were ready." Harry answered.