9-Ambushed

Jeffrey had booked an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show a while back and it was something he couldn't get out of. Three days after they came home from Jamaica Harry went to do the show.

"And now, known as one of the members of One Direction, currently making it as a solo artist. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Harry Styles!" Kimmel introduced him and Harry walked out on the stage.

He took a bow, thanking the audience for the applauds before he took a seat.
"Thanks for having me."

"I'm glad you could join us. Welcome!" Kimmel said and took a sip of water before he continued.

"So, I hear congratulations are in order. You're a married man now. Sorry ladies, the womanizer has finally settled down." Kimmel smirked.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. That comment bothered him.
"Thank you. I've been committed for years so I don't think a womanizer title can be applied to me." He said with a laugh to take the edge off. Okay, he hadn't been committed for years. That was a lie. But maybe he finally could get that womanizer stamp off his back?

"So all those women you were 'dating'" Kimmel said and made quotation marks in the air "was just a cover-up for your relationship with Louis Tomlinson? You're gay?"

Harry stared at him in disbelief. He was getting angry. Why hadn't Jeffrey blacklisted this topic?
"I don't feel the need to label my sexuality. I haven't tried to cover up anything. I have a lot of friends that are girls and apparently I'm dating all of them according to the press."

"How long have you been in a relationship with Mr. Tomlinson?" Kimmel asked with a smirk.

"You're really putting me on the spot here. A while. I would appreciate it if you could get me off the hook. I like to leave my personal life out of this." Harry fake laughed.

"Oh, come on! I have to ask! There's been rumors and speculations for years and suddenly you guys posted videos online getting married. You broke Twitter! Multiple times!" Kimmel shouted.

"Yeah, that was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing." Harry said with a shoulder shrug.

"Getting married? Kimmel immediately asked.

"No! Posting the videos." Harry answered.

"Too drunk?" Kimmel smirked.

"Something like that." Harry chuckled.

"Who proposed?" Kimmel asked.

"Ehm...Louis." It was technically the truth.

"Okay, I'm not gonna push it." Kimmel finally said and started to talk about something else. Thank God!

Harry was visibly upset when he came backstage. Louis had come with him and he was waiting for him. He looked pissed.
"I can't believe it! Fucking Jimmy Kimmel." He growled.

"Let's just go home, Lou." Harry sighed. He was on the verge of crying.

Louis immediately wrapped his arms around him and hugged him tightly.
"Of course. Come on love." He said softly.

Louis took him home and insisted that he would cook for him. Ten minutes later Harry was giggling like crazy, watching Louis try to make food. They ended up ordering take away but Harry felt much better. Louis had always had the ability to make him feel better. Louis just made him happy. They sat down in the living room and Louis poured them a glass of wine.
"I'm sorry you got ambushed like that."

"I should have expected it. Us getting married is a pretty big deal. I should have been prepared." Harry answered and took a sip of his wine.

"I can't believe Jeffrey didn't blacklist the subject. That was the first thing Simon did." Louis sighed.

"Jeffrey thinks I'm in love and happy. Why would he blacklist it? I just have to be better prepared the next time. Like, I didn't know what to answer. How long have we been together? How did you propose?" Harry chuckled.

"Right, we should fabricate a story."

"I hate lying." Harry muttered.

"Let's just keep it as close to the truth as possible." Louis suggested.

"The truth? We've always been just friends but then I needed a green card and we got drunk, got married, and ended up posting videos online?" Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, maybe not that truthful. Ehm, how about we fell in love in the beginning but decided to just be friends because we were in a band together and we didn't want to complicate things. But after we went on a hiatus we confessed our feelings for each other and got together and then I didn't want to waste any more time so I proposed, in a very romantic way of course and we got married. That could work, right?" Louis said.

"That's kind of heartbreaking. So we spend five years being in love with each other without saying anything about it?" Harry questioned.

Louis met Harry's eyes and they stared at each other.
"Yeah..." Louis breathed out.

"Okay. How did you propose?" Harry asked breathlessly.

"Ehm...I went all cliché. I rented a romantic restaurant for the two of us, had a string quartet playing What makes you beautiful to remind you of the beginning of it all and during dessert, I went down on one knee with a grand speech and proposed." Louis smiled.

They hadn't broken eye contact once.
Harry gulped.
"Yeah, that's great."

"And you cried a little when you said yes, absolutely overwhelmed." Louis smirked.

Harry's breath hissed and he smacked Louis' arm playfully.
"Hey! I wouldn't cry!"

"I would." Louis said and blushed.
"I mean, I would probably cry if I proposed to someone for real one day. It's a big moment."

"Yeah, I would probably cry too if someone I love proposed to me." Harry muttered, a bit embarrassed.

"Okay, so we both cried, and then we couldn't wait to get married so we went to Vegas. End of story." Louis chuckled.

"We should call James." Harry suggested.

"You wanna go on the Late late show? Both of us?" Louis questioned.

"I mean, we'll be pushed and stalked by paparazzi and papers and tv-show until someone gets an exclusive. James is our friend. He wouldn't ask us anything we don't want to talk about." Harry said.

"You're right. We'll call him. Good luck to his team to get Simon to agree to this." Louis sighed.

"They'll find a way." Harry winked.