8-The honeymoon

They had spent half of their honeymoon in Jamaica and they both loved every second of it. They spend the days sunbathing or swimming in the ocean and the evenings exploring the Island. They didn't feel awkward in each other's company anymore, except maybe in the mornings when they woke up and Louis always spooned Harry from behind even if they fell asleep apart from each other but they never talked about that.

They had found their way back to that special tone they use to have between them when they were in a band together. Harry didn't really know how to feel about it. Being that close to Louis again was great but it also brought back all of his old feelings that he had worked really hard to get over. Louis seemed oblivious as always.

Louis had read out loud many of the comments their fans had made under the picture he had posted of Harry. He wanted him to understand that he wasn't the only one who thought that Harry was beautiful. He tried to work on that low self-esteem of his. Harry blushed every time but at least he wasn't protesting any longer. Louis didn't know if that was the way to go but at least he gave it a try. He skipped the ones who were just sexual invitations. Harry had been sexualized since he was sixteen, with the way their stupid management made sure to portray him as the womanizer of the group.

They had posted a couple of videos together. Not because they felt obligated or because they wanted to scam their fans, it just felt natural. They had always had pet names for each other so that didn't feel weird either. They just kept on rolling off their tongues, and they had added a couple without thinking about it. Louis called Harry hubby now and Harry called Louis spouse. Their fans absolutely loved their videos. At least the majority of them. Louis made sure to block everyone that left a nasty comment but they were surprisingly few.

He was surprised and a bit overwhelmed by the positive feedback they received and he was often lost in thoughts. Harry noticed of course but he didn't want to pry so he never asked about it even if he was curious about what was going on inside Louis' head.

They had a great time together. They ate dinner at different restaurants with great food and explored Kingston together or went on day trips to other places on the Island. They were left alone most of the time. Few people recognized them.

Harry found Louis staring at him often, looking lost and insecure. He wondered what that was about? Louis always looked away when their eyes met or when he realized that Harry had caught him staring again.

"This trip has been amazing." Harry said when they had two days left until they had to get back home.

"It has." Louis agreed and smiled.

They were sitting on their porch, drinking a beer and watching the sunset.
"I love Jamaica. We're totally going back here someday soon." Harry smiled.

"I'd love that." Louis answered.

"So, last day tomorrow. What do you wanna do?" Harry asked and took a sip from his beer.

"I don't wanna go back." Louis sighed.

"Me neither."

"Let's just have a lazy day tomorrow." Louis suggested.

"That sounds like a great plan." Harry grinned.

They made small talk while the sun disappeared. When it was getting dark outside they decided to make an early night and went to bed.

They slept in and Harry once again woke up with Louis' arms around him and his nose in the back of his neck. He loved waking up like that even if it always got a little bit awkward between them when Louis woke up and realized that he was spooning him in his sleep.

Louis started to stir behind him. He let out a sigh and then the arm around him and the warmth of his body disappeared when Louis rolled to his back.
"Sorry." He mumbled like he had done every morning.

"It's okay." Harry automatically answered, like every morning.

Soon they would be back home, sleeping in separate rooms. Harry would miss this. He turned around to look at Louis.
"Wanna order room service? Every breakfast item on the menu?"

"Yes!" Louis grinned.

Harry reached for his phone and made a call. They stayed in bed until there was a knock on the door. Harry went to open it at came back with a huge breakfast tray and climbed back into bed and put the tray in front of them.

After they had eaten they changed into their swim trunks and went outside for one last swim. They were both in a funky mood. Neither of them wanted to leave and go back to L.A. They spent an hour or two sunbathing until it was time to pack their bags and head for the airport. While they were waiting for their plane to arrive Harry brought up their living situation.
"Are you okay with living in my house? I can always sell it, you know? Or we can live in your house. Or we can buy a new one together. Whatever you want."

"You would sell your house?" Louis asked, eyeing him curiously.

"It's just a house. It never really felt like a home." Harry said with a shoulder shrug.

Louis laughed softly.
"I feel the same about my house."

"Really?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah, I can sell it as well. We're gonna live together for two years Haz. Maybe we should buy a house together? I mean, we can always sell it when that time comes." Louis suggested. He sounded insecure.

"That sounds like a great idea. Find something we both like. Two years is a long time to feel like you're just a guest in someone's house. I want you to feel comfortable Louis. I want you to be happy. I promise that I'm gonna do everything in my power to make you feel good because you're doing this for me. I'm really grateful Lou." Harry said softly.

Louis's cheeks turned pink. Why did he just turn Harry's speech into something dirty in his mind? He really tried to get the images of Harry 'making him feel good' out of his head. What the hell was wrong with him?
"So, house shopping then?"

"Yes!"