Chapter 21

Taehyung sleepovers at Rose's house because he wants to meet Jennie.

He wants to know what happens to her. He wants to know why she didn't do her work. He wants to know what being distracted her this whole time.

Taehyung thought being interrupted by the sound of a door opening. He turns his head to the door.

"Jennie?" Taehyung call.

The figure flinched and stop walking. Taehyung opens the light and it was Jennie.

"Jen? Where are you going in this late night?" Taehyung asks.

"Walking." Jennie looks away. She pulls down her hoodie and takes off her mask.

"Walking where?" Taehyung asks.

"Anywhere. I guess." Jennie shrugged her shoulder and walks away.

"Jen!!" Taehyung calls.

"What?" Jennie asks.

"What's wrong with you? Is something bothering you?" Taehyung asks.

Jennie silence. It a long silence but then Jennie talks.

"Nothing. It none of your business anyway." By that, Jennie walks upstairs.

Taehyung feels angry when she says that.  He pushes his hair back and sighs heavily.

This is totally driving me crazy.

Jennie closes the door. She sits on the bed and sighs. She feels something inside her heart that makes her uneasy.

Suddenly, her phone ringing. Jennie frowns and picks it up.

"What is Liam?" Jennie annoyed.

"Jen..." Liam sniffed.

"What's wrong with you? Why you sound like crying?" Jennie asks.

"Jen, I have something to tell you." Liam says.

"Spill it out then." Jennie sigh.

Liam hesitated to say it. Jennie waits for it patiently.

"It...It about..." Liam sobbing.

"About what, Liam?" Jennie groans.

"Jennie, it about your mother." Liam finally says it.

With that, Jennie feels everything around her stop. She can't think anything.

"After a few minutes you go, that time also she...passed away." Liam voice cracking.

"Y-You are l-l-lying right?" Jennie asks.

"I hope I was." Liam says.

Jennie dropped her phone. Tears running down on her face. She just met her mother for the last time.

She can't believe it. She can't believe that she says 'I love you' to her mother for the last time.

Touch her mother for the last time. Talking, promised, meet her mother for the LAST TIME.

No...No...

Jennie burst into tears. She leans her back on the bed and brings her knees on her chest.

"Please...tell me it was a dream. Please..." Jennie cried.

She can't hold her voice so she yells.

"MOM WOULDN'T LEAVE ME!! SHE DID PROMISE THAT!!!" Jennie yells.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Jennie let it out.

She throws her pillow away and holds her head.

Little bit she know, Taehyung heard it. All of it. He wants to go comfort her but he knows, this is not the right time.