Chapter 40

Jennie wakes up and opens her eyes slowly. She stretches her arms out and yawns.

What time is it??

She turns her body to the right and saw the clock showing it was 10 am. She sighs and hugs the pillows. She remembers yesterday scene. Where she comes here and Taehyung helps her.

She chuckles at Taehyung softness last night. Before they get into a relationship, he always cold and he always hurt her feelings.

"You awake?" A voice brought her back to her sense. She looks at the door and it was Taehyung with his sweatpants and black shirts.

"Uh..yeah." Jennie looks away because he looks attractive.

Taehyung closes the door and sits on the bed beside her. 

"Jisoo at downstairs. She ready to pick you up." Taehyung says.

"Oh, really? Then, I have to go." Jennie gets out of bed. 

She about to walks but then she saw her last night dress hanging on the wall. She walks toward it and touches it. It clean and not like last night.

"Why it clean? Who's clean it?" Jennie asks.

"Me. I clean after you fell asleep." Taehyung answer.

Jennie looks at it back. All the scenes about her father and her arguing flashback in her mind. She grips the dress tightly and bites her lips. Then, she felt someone back hugged. She knows who. No one else other than him in this room.

Taehyung puts his chin on her shoulder. He knows she's not okay.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asks.

"Yeah..." Jennie mutters.

"If you want, can you tell me what happens yesterday?" Taehyung asks.

"I'm not sure  if I can tell you." Jennie sigh.

"It okay. Take it slowly." Taehyung kisses her neck.

Jennie takes a deep breath and lets it out. "Last night, I run here because I argued with my father." 

"About what?" Taehyung asks.

"About...marriage.  I told him that I love someone else but he told me that it should be a prince. He wants me to marry a prince..." Jennie explains.

Taehyung flinched when heard that. His grips on her waist become loosened. Jennie notices it and she becomes panic.

"B-But...I don't want to. That's why I run from him. I'm so sick to fight with him. Ever since my mother died, we're not like before." Jennie looks down.

Taehyung didn't respond to anything. He turns her around and smiles. He caresses her cheeks but Jennie knows something is off in his touch and his smile.

"Don't worried about it. Everything will be okay." Taehyung kisses her cheeks and walks away.

Jennie was somehow not satisfied with his response. She furrows her eyebrows in curiosity and confusion.

________

Taehyung lay down on his bed and chill out. More to thinking. Jennie already went home and here he is. Let out all in his mind. He staring at Jennie's dress hanging on the wall. She said she wants to leave it there for a while but she only takes her crown.

He let out a heavy sigh when remembers what she says just now. Honestly, he felt angry and stress when Jennie's father said that.

What happened if there's no way to handle this...??? Is that mean...Do I have to let her go?

When thought about that, he felt his heart broke. The door suddenly opens reveal Jimin.

"Hey, I found your shirts in my closet. Why it in my closet?" Jimin frowns.

"I don't know. Ask Jin Hyung." Taehyung sigh as he faces the other side.

Jimin raises his eyebrows when saw Taehyung weird behavior. He put the shirts away and sit on the bed beside him.

"Hey, what's wrong? You look sad." Jimin says.

"I don't think Jennie and I...will made it 'till the end." Taehyung says out of blue.

Jimin shocks when heard he saying that. Taehyung is not like this ad that what Jimin thought about him.

"Why you suddenly saying that?" Jimin asks.

"Jennie told me what happened to her yesterday. She argued with her father about marriage. Her father wants a prince and not a person like me." Taehyung told him.

"Oh. Like that. I'm not surprised though because Jennie's a princess. No wondered why her father wants a prince." Jimin shrugs his shoulder.

"Is that mean...we can't be together?" Taehyung asks. 

"Well, about that-" Jimin stops talking when heard sobbing sounds and sniffles. He frowns.

Then, it hit him. 

Taehyung's crying...

But he's not facing him and he knows why. He doesn't Jimin to see him crying like a kid. Jimin sigh and looks down.

"I can't say anything about that, Tae. It up to fate and you. If you want to fight it for both of you then do it. But, you have to get ready for whatever is come, doesn't matter it bad or good. You have to accept it." Jimin says.

Taehyung shed his tears and didn't respond. Jimin sigh again and pats his arms.

"Everything will be okay, Tae. Believe in that." Jimin says and walks out. Before he steps outside the room, he takes a glance at him.

~~~~~

Jennie went downstairs carefully because she was scared if she might fall because of her dress. Suddenly, she saw her father talking with someone. She frowns.

"Thank you." Then, that person walks away.

Her father turns around and faces Jennie. He shocks but calms after that.  

"Who is that?" Jennie asks.

"It surprises, sweetie." Her father says and pats her head. 

He walks away. Jennie furrows her eyebrows.

Surprised?

Jennie wants to walk but something holds her. She becomes fade up and goes after her father. She saw her father in the backyard, looking at the scenery. 

"Dad!!!" Jennie runs towards him.

Her father turns around and confused to see Jennie here. 

"Jen? What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" Her father asks.

"That doesn't matter. I want to know who is that just now." Jennie says while catching her breath.

"Oh. That was one of my men. I ask him to send something." Her father says.

"What is it? What did you ask him to send?" Jennie asks.

"You really want to know?" Her father smiles. Jennie nods.

"It was an invitation card." Her father says.

Invitation card?

CONTINUE~