CHAPTER TWO

​    Lying in bed. She is gonna make a difference. Ellie thinks.

​    High school sucks, to most people. There are three kinds of people. First of all, the popular kinds. Cheerleaders, football players...etc. High school is their empire, maybe the highest points in their life; secondly, the one who is being bullied by the first kinds. They're being called nerds, freaks...They hide in the bathroom at lunchtime, but most of them will be great after graduation, because unlike the popular one, they are smart, they have something in their brain.

​    Last but not least, the "ghosts", they are neither the popular kids nor the poor kids. They are not important. Nobody remembers their names, nobody cares. And no one will notice even if they got kidnapped and didn't go to school for a week.

​    Ellie was one of the ghosts. She saw everything happen in school. She saw how one of the popular girls became the one who is bullied by people who were her friends; she saw how the coolest boys in school became a fuckboy after being cheated on his first love who is five years older than him; she saw how the school principal hid the biggest secret in his life.

​    Ghosts always saw everything, but they always shut their mouth too. Better being ignored. It's not because they want to be a ghost, they just have no other choice.
​Ellie was tired having a life like that, before she graduated from high school, she promised to herself that she is not going to be a ghost again in college, she wants to be something different, which might make her parents unhappy.

    ​"Screw them!" She already signed up for the sorority this afternoon. Ellie closes her eyes and falls asleep, waiting for the difference start from tomorrow.