CHAPTER TEN

Hedda is late. It had been already 40 minutes since Ellie waited near the dock, she isn't a patient people, and it is cold tonight. Just when Ellie ready to leave, she saw Hedda running from a distance.

    ​"7 p.m. The Newport?" Ellie complains.
​"Sorry, sorry..." Hedda is still gasping, "I was getting some stuff, and there was some problem cause my delay." She explains.
​"What stuff?" Ellie is confused, what kind of stuff can make Hedda late for so long?
​"You will know later," she says, "you will love it, I know it." Hedda smiles.

​    Ellie follows Hedda to an old warehouse, she hears music, and when she gets closer, she sees some people, a lot of people there. It's a party. "Come, come, the party is already started," Hedda says in excitement. Wow, Ellie thinks. This party is huge! It is bigger than the party she went to last night. Ellie looks around, there is no one she knows in this party, they don't look like students in Brown, they don't even look like students. They look like at least 25 years old. "Don't worry, they're not in Brown," Hedda says, knowing that she might be worry if people will recognize her. "You can have fun tonight." Ellie doesn't know, but when DJ drops the music and people all dancing around her, she joins them.

​    Ellie never thinks she is a good dancer, however, don't know if it is alcohol or what, she feels sexy, she feels a striper inside her body. She feels so confident. Ellie drinks like Hedda, dances like Hedda, even flirts like Hedda. There's one thing that differs from the party last night. People here don't kiss, they are here for just having fun and enjoy the phenomenon.
​After a few hours, Ellie and Hedda are tired at midnight. They go to the bathroom to rest for a while. Ellie feels a little bit dizzy, but she feels better after drinking a bottle of water. Then she sees Hedda, sucks in something from her nose. Are that drugs? Oh dear, that's the "stuff" Hedda was talking about earlier. "Want some?" noticing that Ellie is staring at her surprisingly, Hedda asks.

    ​"No way!" Ellie says immediately, she will never do drugs, that's her rule. She will never cross her line, she had not only promised to her parents but also herself. "Come on, it's not addictive to do it once." Hedda says, "I can see that you are hesitating," she laughs on her face. "No, I'm not." What? She isn't hesitating, Ellie rolls her eyes. She wants to change after get in college, but not doing this. No alcohol, no smoking, no drugs. That's her rule, she already broke the first one, but that's not too serious, Drugs? Hell no!

    ​"Alright, just once. And I will never do it again." She warns Hedda. Ellie doesn't what's the problem with her, she supposed to say no, how could she...? Just once, she will never do that again, she do it this time just because she is curious about how it feels, she won't get addict. Thinks Ellie.

    ​"What's that by the way?" She asks, at least she has to know what is that she is going to suck in her body.

    ​"Fentanyl." Hedda replies, like it is as normol as M&M chocolates.

    ​Ellie sucks the white powder on the vanity unit. As if choked by flour, Ellie doesn't like how it feels. Hedda standing behind, watching her doing drugs for the first time. "Your face is cute now." She mocks. "No fun!" Ellie glares at her.

​    They go back to the party, Ellie feels nothing, she thinks the F word drug is not working to her. Hedda tells her to wait for a while, but she is impatient to wait. She goes another drink, want to get high again. Then suddenly...She feels so happy. Ellie thought it is because of alcohol at first, then she realize it is Fentanyl when the world she sees turns into "too" colorful. Like everyone is from the cartoon, it's so weird, everyone looks so funny, she dances with them, jump with them, the music is loud but not too loud anymore, Ellie can't even tell which song is the DJ playing right now.

​    Ellie sees Hedda walks to her and talking to her, but she doesn't know what is she saying, she sound like speaking another language, and she speaks so slow, everyone turns into slow motion just in a second, slower and slower, she can even hear her heartbeats, and the time...stop.