CHAPTER EIGHT

"This ain't for the best, my reputation's never been worse, so you must like me for me..." The clock in Ellie's phone rings. It's 7 a.m. She has classes after 9 a.m. She has to wake up, but she feels sick, she still smells the alcohol in her mouth, the smells of cigarette is in her hair. How did she come back to the dormitory? Ellie has a serious headache, she can't remember anything after she blacks out last night. She turns off the clock, her roommates are not in the room. They might go buy breakfast, she thinks. Five more minutes, Ellie lays down, she needs to sleep five more minutes.

    ​Don't know how long did she sleep, but it must longer than just five minutes. Ellie hears her roommates, they're back. "OMG, did you guys see that? Her photos are everywhere." It sounds like Cassidy. "Where had you been last night exactly? I thought you were with her?" Jess says. "Ugh...I was with... another guy, in the other room. So I have no idea who had to go on until this morning. This is crazy." Cassidy explains. "This is why I don't like parties! Things go wrong every time." Says Una.

    ​"She haven't awake," Jess says.

    ​"Let her sleep, she must be very tired." Una says, "you guys have class later, right?" She asks Jess and Cassidy. "Yeah, 8 in the morning," Cassidy yells. They leave.

    ​Una doesn't have classes this morning, so she sits on her bed and reading Management: tasks, responsibilities, practices written by Peter F. Drucker. Who were they talking about? Ellie is curious, she open her Instagram and...
​It's all Hedda!

    ​"Oh my god!" Ellie screams, she forgets that Una doesn't know she is already awakened. She turns around, seeing Una's looking at her surprisingly.

    ​"Ellie?" She asks, Ellie doesn't know why but Una looks super worried.

    ​"Look!" Ellie shows her phone, but she knows Una already saw them, they were talking about it. "Are you okay?" Una asks carefully. Ellie is confused for a moment, then she realizes what is she talking about. She was being seen with Hedda all night! They know they're friends. She was being seen with the "trouble girl" last night! The girl who was kicked out by the sorority! Oh no!

    ​"They will kick me out!" Ellie screams, she looks at Una with tears.

    ​"What?" Una is confused.

    ​"Kappa Delta!" Ellie yells, she can't calm down right now.

    ​"No!" Una holds her hands, "No they won't. Don't worry Ellie." Ellie looks at Una, hopes that what she is saying is all true. But it looks like Una is not so sure with her words right now. "It will be okay, Ellie." Una comforts her, "everything will be okay after a few weeks, people will forget it. It will be okay." Una says, "trust me."

    ​Ellie wants to believe her, but she just can't. This was supposed to not happen to her, how could she be so stupid? She was supposed to leave the party after she feels a little bit dizzy. But it was fun, it was fun last night. Ellie enjoyed it, she was so carefree last night...
​"Ellie?" Una slaps her softly, "Elli, look at me! Are you listening?" Seeing that Ellie didn't react, Una is nervous, she doesn't want her friend to be too grieve for the "tragedy" that happened last night. "Yeah." Ellie looks at her and says. After Una makes sure that her friend is back, she says, "Ellie, I don't care if you will be kicked out or not, I know you care, so I am going to tell you that I don't think you will be kicked out." She continues, "but if they kick you out eventually, that will be their loss, okay?" Don't know why, her words relax her a lot, Una looks serious, she does mean it. "And no matter what, no matter if you are a part of Kappa Delta sisters or not, we will be here for you, Jess, Cassidy, and me, we are your sisters, no matter what happens, okay?"
​Her word is so touched that makes Ellie really wants to cry. She is still worried about if she will be kicked out because she is friends with Hedda, but she feels much relax now, after hearing what Una says to her, It's really nice to have a friend like her, Ellie looks at Una thankfully.