CHAPTER TWELVE

It had been a long time since Ellie last saw Hedda. She thought about everything since she went back to school. She missed her. Ellie wants to talk, she missed Hedda's suggestions, she missed Hedda's reckless behavior...She really wants to see her, and tell her that she is sorry about the fight between them.

​    Ellie realized that all Hedda told is true a few days ago, she was upset only because she can't face herself, she was afraid to admit it, she was...She sees Hedda. Ellie sees her, she is sitting on the bench which they had a fight on. Hedda sees her too, but nobody says a word.

    ​"Hi," Hedda first breaks the silence.

    ​"Hi," Ellie replies, sitting down next to her.

    ​"Ellie!" "Hedda!" they say at the same time, and they all laugh.

    ​"You go first," Hedda says with laugher.

    ​"No, you go first." Ellie smiles.

    ​"Okay...I want to say...I'd been thinking about this these days," Hedda is nervous, she doesn't look very comfortable saying whatever she is going to say. "You're my friend, Ellie." She stops. "Yeah?" Ellie responds, she is confused. "I'm sorry, for what I'd say, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I was too over, and I will never force you to do anything again."
​Ellie is shocked, she doesn't expect her to apologize. "NO! I'm sorry, Hedda." Ellie says, and Hedda looks surprised as her. "I'm the one who needs to say sorry, what are you sorry for? You were right, everything you said that day was right. I just felt embarrassed to admit it." Hedda looks at her, doesn't know what to say.

    ​"I'm still sorry, I shouldn't say that, that is mean!" Hedda says.

    ​"I guess we are both sorry." Ellie smiles.

    ​"So...we are peace now?" Hedda asks carefully.

    ​"Of course we are!"

    ​"Thank god, I thought you will never talk to me again!"

    ​"I won't! Never!" Ellie looks at her, she is really glad to have a friend like Hedda.

    ​"I think we're going to be best friends forever." Says Hedda.

    ​"Yeah, best friend forever." Ellie smiles.