CHAPTER THREE

"Oh my god, Ellie! We both been invited to the philanthropy party! Can't believe it." Cassidy says, she is not even trying to hide how excited she is.

​    After a few days since they went to the Kappa Delta House, Cassidy and Ellie both received the invitation of the philanthropy night. But when they arrived, Ellie thinks the place is more like a party, a huge party.
​"Aren't we supposed to be here for talking about charity?" Ellie asks with confusion.
​"Seriously? Ellie?" Cassidy looks at her like she is crazy.

    ​"Okay, I guess that means no." Ellie shuts her mouth and follows after her blonde roommate.

​    They enter the house, it's really like a party, people play games, dancing. Ellie sees some couples lock themself in the room.  She had never been to a party like that. There are people from different sororities: Delta Tau, Alpha Chi Omega, Kappa Delta...and more. Cassidy is flirting around, like she is already getting used to attending a party like this. Ellie has no idea what she has to behave, but she doesn't hate this. She thinks this is cool, she just need time to get used to it.

    ​"Hello, gorgeous." A good looking guy walking to them. At first, Ellie is a little bit overwhelmed because she thought he is talking to her. Then she finds out that he is talking to Cassidy, he didn't even notice her. "What was I thinking?" Ellie blushes.

    ​"Hi, Cassidy." Cassidy flirts back, looks like she is satisfied with the guy, she introducing herself to him. "Ian," he smiles. "I saw that there are people playing games there, do you want to come together?" he implies her to come with him. "Hmm...Sounds like fun." Cassidy says, then she turns back and looks at Ellie. "You okay?" "Yeah," Ellie says, trying to act cool. In fact, she doesn't know what to do if Cassidy leaves, but she doesn't want her to stay for babysitting her. "See you around." She says, then Ellie sees her holding Ian's hands and they walk to the next room. "What sorority are you in?" "Kappa Delta, I'm a freshman." "Really? That's nice..." Ellie feels awkward standing in the middle of the room, so she finds a sit for herself, watching people scream when they win the game, watching people who just knew each other five minutes ago kissing, and dancing like they are friends for a lifetime.
​"Ah, shit!" A voice comes to Ellie, "this will be a big mess to clean." An Asian guy sits down next to her. He is tall and strong, wearing a nice perfume. Ellie saying nothing, she doesn't how to react if the guy starts talking to her. She is not ready.

    ​"Hey," oh damn, Ellie thinks. The guy does talk to her. "Hi!" Ellie responds politely. "Freshman huh?" the guy smiles. Ellie nods, she is scared, she knows the guy isn't freshman, but the way he looks at Ellie is like he knows everything. "Sophomore, from Delta Tau." "I'm from Kappa Delta," Ellie says. "I know, you look like one." The guy laughs, Ellie doesn't know if that's good or bad.

    ​"Ethan!" A girl with brown hair suddenly appears and hugs the guy. "Oh, Faith. Here you are, I'd been looking for you." the guy smiles, looks happy the see the girl. "You better." the girl pushes the guy and says it jokingly. She is tall and skinny, her eyes are brown and beautiful, the way she talks make Ellie thinks she is an independent woman. The girl noticing that there's someone else before she came. "And...Who is that, Ethan?" The girl looks at the guy, waiting for him to introduce her.
​"Oh, my fault," Ethan seems like he forgot Ellie is here. "This is Faith, junior. She is from Alpha Chi Omega." He says. "Oh, and I'm Ethan by the way." Ethan turns back to Faith, trying to introduce Ellie to Faith and realizes that he forget to asks her name. "And this is..." "Ellie," Ellie replies, and three of them sit on the sofa and chatting.

   ​ Faith looks like a nice girl, maybe the only one that won't give her pressure for being here. "So what's your major, Ellie," Faith asks. "English. How about you?" Ellie is curious, what will the girl like Faith major? "Biology." "Wow." Ellie is surprised, she thought might be psychology. Biology? To Ellie, that's a smart people's subject. She remembers that she skips all the biology classes in high school when the teacher said they need to dissect the frog.
​"Wow Faith, wow." Ethan is mocking Faith for Ellie's reaction. "This is not the first time people say wow after hearing what she majors," Ethan says to Ellie. "What's wrong with that? I still couldn't understand." Faith complains. "No, nothing wrong with that, they're just impressed, right?" They look at Ellie. "Yeah." She says. "Look at her, wisdom in her eyes." Ethan laughs. Faith is blushing, "Shut it, Ethan."

    ​"Then what's your major, Ethan?" Ellie asks, trying to save Faith from feeling awkward. "Ugh..." "Oh tell her Ethan, what's your major." Now is the Faith who is laughing. "East Asian Studies." Wow, Ellie thinks, she had never heard this major before. "Alright, alright, Let's stop this conversation," Ethan says. "I think it's cool actually." Ellie says, she does think it is cool to study East Asian, she had never been to East Asian." "Yeah, thank you Ellie, but look at me, I'm Asian...so..." While Ellie is trying to find something to say to comfort Ethan, there's a commotion from another room.

    ​"Drink, drink, drink, drink!"

    ​"Oh, Ian again?" Ethan asks.

    ​"Sounds like him," Faith responds. "Who's the lucky girl this time?" the three turn their heads and see who is the girl next to this "trouble maker".

    ​Oh, It's Cassidy. Ellie looks at her friend. She is now the star of this party! Everyone is looking at her. "Who's the guy, Ian?" Ellie asks Faith. She wants to know who the guy is this, If he is not a good thing, she has to warn Cassidy.

    ​"You don't want to know him," Ethan replies instantly. "Last year, a girl in Faith's sorority got kicked out because she messed with him." He is a nice friend," "But a fuckboy in a relationship." Faith finishes for him. Ellie couldn't have the time to tell them she knows Cassidy, Ethan stands up and says, "I have to go, I should calm them down in case they do something crazy before someone report this party."  "Can't you let anyone else do it?" Faith is upset, she doesn't want her friend to leave because he has to clean up for someone she doesn't like apparently. "I am responsible for this." Ethan smiles helplessly.

    ​"Nice to meet you, Ellie." He says to Ellie and walks away. "Nice to meet you too." Like he reminds something, he turns back. "There's a party next Monday, same place, same time. You come?" Ethan asks. "Ugh..." "See you there," he says before Ellie has time to reject him. "I'll think about it?" Ellie says, but Ethan already leaves the room.