CHAPTER THIRTEEN

​Two months later

    Ellie wakes up, she opens her eyes. She is in a room which is neatly arranged. This is not her room. Where am I? asks Ellie. The walls are white, the beds are white, the window curtains are white; Ellie smells the disinfectant, it smells familiar... Hospital!? Am I in the hospital? Ellie is confused.

    She remembers that she had a dream, the dream is about her friends, and the memories of last semester. Everything changed since she entered Brown, she met Cassidy, Una, Jess and Hedda... Hedda! "Best friend forever." They had promised. Where is she?

    Ellie tries to sit up but her belly hurts a lot. She looks down and sees there is gauze on it. "What happened to me?" Ellie speaks to herself. She touches her wound, the pain reminds her of everything, all of it.

    "Oh my god! What had I done?" She killed Hedda, she stabbed her with scissors, again and again, she watched her bleeding and walked away. "No!" Ellie cries, she hopes that this is just a dream, but the memories are so real that Ellie knows that it can't be just a dream. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, Hedda." Ellie repeating.

    "Ellie!" Cassidy shouts with joy and surprise.

    "You're awake," Una says with tears.

    "Doctor!" Jess shouts at the front door.

    "No, no, no, I'm so sorry." Ellie keeps crying, when she saw her friends, she even cries harder. "It's okay, it's fine. You're fine." Cassidy comforting her, trying to calm Ellie down. "I'm so happy you're awake, Ellie, you have no idea how worry we were." Says Jess. "Yeah, why are you doing that, Ellie," Cassidy asks. "Shut it, Cassidy, the doctor had said you can't ask her like that." "Oh, then what am I supposed to do?" her friends start arguing.

    "What are you sorry for, Ellie?" Jess feels weird. She thinks Ellie is acting weird recently. At first, she thought Ellie is sorry for let them worry, but it seems like another thing because she keeps crying even they comfort her everything is fine now.

    "I...I...I killed her." Ellie tries to say the whole sentence. "It's me, I killed her...I'm so sorry, I don't know why I..." "Wait, what?" Una stops her. Everyone looks at her weirdly, like she is crazy.

    "What are you talking about, Ellie?" Jess looks at her. "Who did you killed? Who are you talking about?" Ellie is confused, "Hedda." why is everyone acting like nothing happened? Hedda's dead, and she killed her. Ellie doesn't understand why all her friends look like Hedda doesn't exist. They look at each other.

    "Who is Hedda?" Cassidy asks.