CHAPTER SEVEN

"Hey," the look like Aaliyah girl notices that Ellie is staring at her for almost five minutes, so she comes to say hi. "Hi," Ellie blushes, "sorry for staring at you, you look like someone I know..." Wait, did I ever know Aaliyah? She was always the it girl at school, but... Ellie thinks if it is appropriate to say she knows her.

    "Ugh...someone in my high school." the girl smiles, "I got you." Her smiles look like a flower in the fire, her lips are plump, she looks like a queen. She is fire, and Ellie thinks her smile is everything.

    ​"What's her name?" the queen asks. "Who?" Ellie admired the beauty of the girl that she didn't focus on what she says. The girl raises her eyebrows. Oh, she means Aaliyah, Ellie thinks. "Aaliyah." the girl smiles. "Mine is better, I'm Hedda." She is right, Hedda is better, the name really fits her appearance and temperament. "I'm Ellie," she replies.

    ​"So Ellie, you are a freshman right?" Ellie nods her head.

    ​"I'm one year older than you, who invited you to this party," Hedda asks.

    ​"Ethan." Ellie doesn't know his last name, so she tries to point the front door but finds that he is no longer there.

    ​"Faith's friend. I know him." Hedda answers. Ellie is surprised, Ethan knows everyone, but Faith? They look so...different.

    ​"You know Faith?" Asks Ellie.

    ​"Yeah, of course. I was in her sorority last year, she is the only kind girl in that place." she looks thoughtful. Her words make Ellie remind that last week Faith and Ethan told her about a girl who was kicked out because something about Ian. But she didn't ask anything.

    ​"Oh...You heard of me." Hedda smiles weirdly. It looks like Hedda can read her mind. "Don't worry, that didn't hurt me. I don't give a shit about the sorority anyway. Fuck those bitches!" Ellie doesn't know if she saying those because she is already drunk or that is the way she is.

​    Then they start chatting, Hedda does most of the talking but Ellie doesn't care, she is always more like a listener. She thinks Hedda is cool, maybe cooler than Aaliyah.

    ​"Drink with me!" She says. Ellie never drinks, maybe once, she doesn't like the taste, and she can't drink. But when Hedda asks her to, she obeys. She doesn't even know why, but she wants her to think she is a cool girl too. Only one cosmopolitan, Ellie feels a little bit dizzy. "Dance with me!" says Hedda. Ellie knows she couldn't make the right decision right now, but she still says yes. When she stands up and ready to go to the pool with Hedda, she feels that she is going to blackout.

​    Easy, easy Ellie, act cool. Ellie keeps talking to herself. They walk through many rooms, people are dancing, getting so high, they kissing strangers, and the music is too loud to talk to others.  Ellie follows Hedda to a room that Ellie haven't been before. And then she sees Ethan...and a guy.

​    They are talking happily, and then, suddenly Ethan grabs his arms and starts kissing the guy. Their lips are stick together, then the guy kisses him back. Ellie sees their tongues intertwined. Hedda is cheering, everyone is cheering. Ellie cheering with them. "Ethan! Ethan! Ethan! Ethan!" And then she sees Hedda stops screaming, she walks to Ethan, before Ellie thinking about what is she going to do, Hedda grabs the guy's neck and starts kissing him. Ethan is shocked, he didn't see that coming. Everyone in the room is shocked, then after three seconds of silence, they cheering again, and even louder.  Ellie standing outside the crown, laughing. This is so crazy. Ellie doesn't know why her reaction is laughing when she saw that happening.

​    After a few minutes of kissing that guy, Hedda notices that Ethan still standing there, and watching his "man" is being stolen in front of everyone. She let go of the man, threw him away like he is a trash, and starts kissing Ethan. They yelling their name, taking pictures, recording their Instagram stories. Ellie watches those happen and laughing until she feels like she almost passed out.

​    Doesn't know what is just happen, Ellie doesn't even if she really passed out for a while, but when she wakes up, she is dancing with Hedda in the middle of the dance pool. She gets so high, she had never been so happy before. The music is so loud, but she only hears her heartbeat.  People are smoking, Hedda is also smoking, Ellie hates that smells, but now she only smells the alcohol. One shot, two shots, three shots...she stops counting. Hedda is either dancing on the floor or kissing other boys she just met.

​    Ellie drinks another shot, she feels really tired, she closes her eyes and thinking that she will just sleep for five minutes, then she blackouts.