Hurts Like Hell part 1

They were both so nervous. Leah's hands kept sweating and so did Jeffrey's. They were going to meet in 15 minutes and as both felt restless they had to act calm. It was so hard to act happy when in reality, nothing about what was going to happen was happy if you had to ask them. Jeffrey and his girlfriend of two months were going to Leah's place to meet her new boyfriend. 

Leah loved him. No, not her boyfriend. She loved Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the guy she had gotten to be such good friends with. She fell in love from the first second she met him one year ago through Diane Kruger. They connected and became close so quickly that they were almost inseparable. They hung out, told each other secrets, got drunk together, watched every single movie there was to watch. They were best friends. But she loved him so much more than that. It drove her insane how his smile could make her so happy. The problem was that she never knew that Jeffrey loved her that way as well, so instead of ruining their friendship she decided to keep quiet about her feelings. 

When Jeffrey got together with Alessia it felt like someone stabbed Leah in the heart. Alessia was a nice woman, nothing to complain about, but Leah wanted to be the one holding Jeffrey's hand, the one kissing his lips. Her heart broke every time she saw them do the smallest things, like Alessia ruffling Jeffrey's hair or him kissing her cheek. He wasn't Leah's and it hurt her more than anything. 

It was such a horrible thing to do to her current boyfriend, to be with him while in love with someone else, but she had to go on. Leah had to try to fall in love with someone else, to force herself to like someone else. But see, life worked in such weird ways, and something she didn't know was that Jeffrey was as crazy about her as she was with him. His reason was the same as hers. 

Now there were two fools trying to get with other people, unable to tell each other their true feelings. As Jeffrey knocked on the door the hole in his stomach grew bigger. Hearing Leah's steps, he swallowed once before putting on a smile for his girlfriend. 

''Hello'' Leah opened the door, eyes on Jeffrey. ''Come in, please'' she stepped aside to let them in. Hugging Jeffrey, she squeezed tight and took in his perfume, like she always did. 

''So? Where is the man you've been talking about?'' Jeffrey seemed excited and deep inside, Leah wanted him to be sad about it. But he didn't seem to be. 

''Jeff, Alessia, this is Charlie'' Leah presented them to each other and watched as they shook hands. The atmosphere wasn't as uncomfortable as she thought it would be. After eating, they sat on the sofa, glasses of alcohol and snacks in front of them. 

There were three other people in that room yet Jeffrey's eyes were most of the time on Leah. It was like he couldn't get enough of her laugh, of the way she looked. He always admired that sparkle in her eyes that many people didn't have, but he didn't know that it was a sparkle she had only when she looked at him. 

It was crazy; crazy that they sat there, next to their partners, yet the only love they could feel was towards each other. How was Jeffrey supposed to tell Leah that he wanted to be hers? How was Leah supposed to be Jeffrey that all she wanted was to be in his arms instead? 

Charlie seemed to be a nice guy and it was frustrating to Jeffrey, yet he was happy for Leah; she deserved to be treated well, she deserved to be happy. And she seemed to be happy with Charlie. Good for her, maybe Jeffrey would also fall in love with Alessia eventually. He thought about breaking up with her often, because it was unfair to waste someone's time like that. Jeffrey always considered her pretty, kind and attractive, but she wasn't Leah. No one was ever going to be Leah. 

''Babe, hello?'' Jeffrey felt an elbow hit his side. 

''Huh?'' he looked confused, as if just waking up from a dream. 

''Did you hear what I said?'' his girlfriend asked and he shook his head in response. ''What is it you're dreaming about all day every day?'' she asked, checking to see if Leah and Charlie who were heading towards the kitchen heard. 

''Nothing'' he fake-smiled. 

''You don't have eyes for me at all. All you look at is her'' Alessia sighed. Jeffrey's eyes went wide and suddenly his heart started pumping fast in his chest. How did she notice? Was it that obvious?

''I-...no'' he didn't want to lie. God, he had to tell her the truth, there was no way he wanted to hurt her. 

''Bullshit, Jeffrey. What I see in your eyes is pure love when you look at her. Come on, who are we lying to?'' she was just taking it all out like nothing, shocking Jeffrey more and more with each word. 

''What's going on?'' he asked, though he knew what was going on. 

''Let's go talk outside, yeah?'' she smiled, grabbing his hand. ''We'll be right back, guys'' she told Leah and Charlie as she headed towards the door, Jeffrey behind. ''Okay, I need the truth'' she stood in front of him, serious expression on her face. 

''I just...Alessia, I don't know how to say this''. 

''I know what it is though, but I want to hear it from you''. 

''It's true. I don't want to hurt you, but it's true. I'm in love with her and I don't know what to do about it. You are beautiful and fun and I thought I liked you a lot, which I do, but not...like that'' his eyes were watery because he didn't want to hurt anyone. 

''Does she know?'' Alessia asked as Jeffrey shook his head. She wasn't very affected so that tears would stream down her face; they had been together for two months, she didn't get to the point of loving him, but it was still sad. ''I want you to be happy, Jeffrey. I hope you find happiness and maybe it'll be with her'' she continued. 

''I'm sorry I'm such a shitty person. I don't want you to feel used''. 

''It's okay, I understand what you're going through. It happened to me when I was younger'' she caressed his face in sympathy. ''I'll let them know I have to go. You can explain to them we've broken up another time''. 

''Thank you for taking it so nicely. Thank you for not slapping me and for not hating me'' Jeffrey chuckled. 

''Come on'' Alessia opened the door, grabbed her purse and jacket and stood in front of Leah and Charlie. ''Guys, I gotta go. It was so nice to meet you Charlie. Sorry I can't stay longer, thanks for the company'' she smiled at them. Leah got up and hugged her goodbye. 

''I think I'm gonna go too'' Jeffrey said as he looked at the couple in front of him. 

''No, why?'' Leah sounded disappointed. 

''I'll let you guys be alone. Plus, I don't want to be a third wheel'' he laughed, making it sound like a joke but it was the truth. 

''Don't say that, you're never a third wheel. Come on, you're my best friend'' Leah said. It made him happy he was her best friend, but at the same time it didn't. 

''It's okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Come here'' he grabbed her and pulled her into an amazing, warm hug, one she enjoyed to the fullest. 

''Easy, man, she's mine'' Charlie said from behind

''She's yours, yeah''. 

Hi! Should I do a part 2 or should I leave it here? I mean I like angst, but let me know! 

/C.