Hurts Like Hell part 2

''I'm coming over'' Charlie's voice spoke on the other end of the phone. 

''No'' Leah answered with a low voice. ''I don't want you to come over''. 

''What? Why?''.

''Charlie, I'm sorry I'm doing this through the phone but I think we should keep seeing each other'' she told him with Jeffrey in her mind. She really couldn't be with someone else when Jeffrey was tattooed on her brain. Leah knew she was going to be single a long time because  being with someone else was shitty towards herself and the other person, when her heart only spoke Jeffrey's language. 

''Only after two weeks? Holy shit'' Charlie sounded negatively surprised. 

''I'm sorry, but I don't feel any connection between us, please don't take it personally'' that was a 'it's not you, it's me' moment. It wasn't really Charlie's fault, it was hers. She was with him while loving another man. 

''Fuck you, Leah'' he said before hanging up. Alright, that went really well. 

''Well, I deserved that'' Leah sighed as she laid back on the sofa, closing her eyes and thinking about that one man. She didn't know that Jeffrey was doing the exact same thing, even though he was at work. He was in his trailer after a long day of filming, finding comfort in his little leather sofa.

He had to call her. He always did. Grabbing his phone, he dialed her number, smiling when he heard her voice. ''Hi shithead'' they always called each other that. ''Are you alone? Is Charlie there''. 

''We broke up'' Leah answered shortly. 

''Oh shit'' he was shocked, sad but mostly happy. ''Are you alright?''. 

''I'm fine, actually. I wasn't into him, man'' she chuckled and Jeffrey smiled to himself, happy but guilty that he felt that way. 

''Want me to come over earlier?'' they hung out often, but they had this tradition where on every single Friday they'd meet at hers or his, eat greasy food, lots of snacks and sometimes get drunk while watching movies. They loved doing that, it was the highlight of their week. 

''Come when you can, don't leave work earlier than you should'' Leah was thankful to have someone in her life to care so much about her well being. 

''I'm actually done, I just gotta shower and I'll be there. I'll grab the food on my way there'' he smiled, excited to eat dinner and spend Friday evening with his best friend. 

*

''Holy shit, was that really the last thing he said?'' Jeffrey laughed as he lay on the sofa. belly full of food. 

''Yeah, such a shithead'' Leah said as she joined him on the sofa

''Hey'' his face got serious as he pointed a finger at her. ''You're not allowed to call anyone else that, I'm the only shithead''. 

''Really? How do you know I don't call everyone else a shithead?''. 

''I just know it, you said it yourself some time ago that I'm the only one. Is there another shithead in your life I should know about?'' he joked. 

''Yeah, five or six if I remember correctly'' Leah played along. 

''Come here you little fucker'' he grabbed her and laid her down on the sofa, his body above her, tickling her hard enough for her to be unable to speak. ''Say I'm the only shithead in your life'' Jeffrey joked as he continued tickling. ''Say it, baby'' he stopped when he realized what he called her. Baby

Leah's face turned serious and they looked at each other in silence for a few seconds. ''What did you just call me?'' she asked. 

''I'm sorry for that''. 

''No, I-...'' her cheeks turned red. ''I like it''. 

''Yeah?'' his smile came back at the same time as hers. Jeffrey had no idea that Leah's heart was about to burst out of her chest nor did Leah know that Jeffrey's did the same. His body hovered over hers and they looked at each other with pure love, yet they had no idea how in love the one was with the other. 

''You're definitely the only shithead in my life'' she finally spoke, realizing that sooner or later he'd get back to tickling her if she didn't say it. 

''Good girl'' he said before sitting back on the sofa. 

Leah missed the warmth of his body on hers, as soon as he got away she felt empty. ''No, come back'' she grabbed his wrist and pulled him into her. ''Hold me'' she said, voice low. They looked like a couple, anyone would think that if they saw them right now. 

''Are you alright?'' he pulled her into the warmth of his body in which she found so much comfort. 

''I'm always alright when I'm with you'' she smiled to herself as she took in his scent. She wanted to kiss him so bad. Jeffrey's stomach filled with butterflies when she spoke to him like that; he loved her. He loved her so much and he felt like exploding because he wanted her to know, but the risk of losing her was high. He'd rather have her in his life as his best friend than not at all. 

''You're the best'' he kissed her head, the vanilla scent in her hair tickling his nose. 

''Jeffrey, I'm so afraid of losing you'' she admitted. 

''Why would you even think about that? You're not going to lose me. Ever. I'm here to stay, shithead''. 

''I-'' she started. How could she tell him? It was eating her alive, but did she dare to tell him? ''I-...you know what? It's nothing. Just, forget it really'' she fake smiled. 

''No, don't bullshit me. I know you, there is something. Come on, let it out. Are you pregnant?''. 

''What? No, ew'' she laughed. ''It's nothing, forget it please, please, please. Let's watch another movie'' she tried to change the subject, but Jeffrey took the remote away and looked her in the eyes. 

''There's also something I gotta tell you, but I'll tell you it after you tell me. Deal?''. 

''You tell me first'' Leah felt like a kid, but finding courage was hard. 

''How about we say it at the same time?'' he proposed. 

''Promise me that whatever I say, you're not gonna get mad? I don't want to lose you''. 

''I promise. Promise me the same thing?'' Jeffrey also felt like a child. ''I swear to you that I'm not going anymore, no matter what it is''. 

''Jeffrey, I'm in absolute love with you'' she finally spoke, unable to hold it in any longer. The man in front of her looked at her in pure shock, heart stopping, legs turning to jelly. He couldn't believe his ears, it was a dream. Surely it was a dream. 

Grabbing Leah's face with both his hands, he looked her in the eyes and smiled. ''Baby, that was exactly what I wanted to say to you''. 

''What?'' she said in shock. 

''I am crazy about you, holy shit. You make everything better and I don't think I'll ever be able to stop loving you. It's so strong, Leah. You make my life better and I just...holy shit. You've been feeling the same thing all this time?'' his face showed pure love and happiness. 

''I'm so stupid, why the fuck did I wait so long?'' Leah laughed at her silliness. ''I should have just told you''. 

''We've been in love with each other all this time yet none of us said anything. We're stupid'' Jeffrey laughed as his hands never left her face. Realizing that he should kiss her, he licked his lips before looking her in the eyes once more. ''Come here'' he whispered before leaning it, her silky lips meeting his, the kiss never-ending, one that took them to the stars.