''My girl''

''maybe like a friends to lovers thing where the reader and jdm are out together and some guy won't take no for an answer from the reader and Jeff steps in and it makes them realize they love each other''

They were just about to sit down on Jeffrey's large couch and pour wine in their glasses when Norman called. ''Hey bubba'' Jeffrey answered with a smile on his face. Cassandra loved their friendship and couldn't help but smile at how cute Jeffrey was when he talked to his best friend. ''Ah man, we were just about to take it easy, have a chill evening, but let me check with Cassy and I'll text you''. 

''What's up?'' Cassandra asked, smiling. 

''Bubba's wondering if we wanna go out tonight, in like one hour. He, Diane and her sister are going out to this pub, I forgot what he said it's called. Wanna go or do you wanna stay here?''. 

''I mean, I have to get home and change clothes'' Cassandra laughed as she looked at her baby blue sweatpants and extra large t-shirt stolen from Jeffrey a few months ago. ''Do you wanna go?''. 

''I guess. It could be fun'' he made a bad dance move, moving his hips from side to side, earning a giggle from his friend. ''We're coming, Norm. See you there in one hour. Also, text me the name of the pub'' he made a pause before his smile grew bigger and cheeks caught a bit of red. ''Dude, you know we're just fr-stop. I'm hanging up now, bye'' he shook his head as he put his phone away and met Cassandra's eyes. 

''What did he say?'' the girl wondered why he turned red just a few seconds ago. 

''Just Norman being Norman, it was nothing'' he shrugged it off. ''Now let's go''. 

*

Cassandra's only makeup was mascara and red lipstick since there wasn't time for more; she'd need more than two hours for other makeup looks. Her body was covered by a simple, black bodycon dress on which she threw a fluffy teddy coat; New York was chilly at night. 

''Now will you look at this little heartbreaker'' Jeffrey got up form the couch and looked his friend up and down; she looked absolutely ravishing. 

''Come on, Jeff, don't make me blush'' 

''Oh, oh what's that?'' he came close to point at her face. ''Is that- is that red I see on your cheeks? Oops, I think someone's already blushing'' he teased, earning a push from Cassandra. 

''Shut up and let's go'' the girl rolled her eyes at him before locking her apartment. 

*

''Yeah, but do you remember the time when Dog scared the shit out of you and you fell over poor Louie? God, his hands were full of food for us, man, and it was all on the floor'' Norman couldn't stop laughing at memories from the set of The Walking Dead as Jeffrey looked at him annoyed. 

''Please, that was so embarrassing, man'' Jeffrey laughed in embarrassment, eyes down at his feet. He was cute when he was embarrassed, thought Cassandra. ''Stop making me feel bad about poor Louie. I think I apologized to him million times after that. Go home now''. 

''See ya on Monday, yeah? And Cass, good to see you'' Norman said as he waved. 

''Bye darlings'' Diane hugged Jeffrey and Cassandra before waving, her sister doing the same. 

Cassandra and Jeffrey were now outside when a guy, visibly drunk, tapped Cassandra's shoulder. ''Heyo'' he held a can of beer and his breath stank of strong alcohol. The couple of friends turned to look at him, but the girl decided to ignore him. ''You're hot as fuck'' he spoke; Cassandra wondered if his vision was even clear at all, given that he was so drunk. How the fuck could he even see there was a person in front of him? 

''I'm not interested, sorry'' she spoke before turning to face Jeffrey again. 

The man didn't take no for an answer so he placed his hand on her hip and came closer to her ear. ''Come on, hottie, come home with me''. Jeffrey's hands turned into fists, and with furrowed eyebrows he turned to the man. 

''Dude, the girl said no. Take it and go'' Jeffrey spoke, his voice so low and aggravated. Cassandra couldn't take her eyes off of him, it was so extremely hot...the way he acted, the way he defended her, the way he protected her. It was alarming, too; all in all, he was her best friend. 

To hell with that though, she knew she was madly in love with the man. There was no doubt in her mind. 

''And who are you?'' the guy threw his can of beer into a dust bin next to him. 

''Can you just go, man?'' Jeffrey stood in between Cassandra and the man, blocking any unwanted touches. God, was he hot. 

''Is this your guy, hottie?''. 

''Yeah, I'm her man. That's my girl you're trying to touch. Now leave'' his face inched closer to the drunk's. Cassandra's stomach filled with millions of butterflies hearing Jeffrey say that. It wasn't true, she wasn't her girl, but it sounded too damn good. ''Go!'' he yelled, finally making the guy leave. 

''Thanks for that'' the younger girl sighed relieved, ''what a creep''.

''I mean, you are a beauty, I can't blame him'' Jeffrey smiled softly at her before opening his car door for her. Did he just flirt? 

''I'll talk to you tomorrow?'' he asked as they hugged goodbye. 

''Yeah, I'll be there before noon'' she looked up at him, smiling. She wanted to help at the farm the next day, because the whole day Jeffrey had to be with one of his llamas who was going to give birth. 

''Thanks for helping. Now off to bed with you'' he turned around to head back to the car, but heard Cassandra call his name. ''What's up?''. 

She took a deep breath and looked at him, heart thumping in her chest. ''You know, what you said earlier to that guy, that you're my man. That sounded good, really good'' her cheeks blushed softly but she never took her eyes off of his. When he realized she wasn't joking, the biggest, most attractive smirk tugged at his lips. 

''For real?'' he asked

''For real?'' he asked. ''Do you mean that?'' his eyes stared into hers and when she nodded, his smile grew bigger. ''Well, let me just tell you that saying it felt good as fuck. You, my girl? That'd be a dream come true. Fuck, Cass''. 

''Stop it'' Cassandra giggled, though she was shocked. There was no way he felt the same. ''All this time? Now this is something out of a fucking fanfiction, best friends confessing their love to each other'' she laughed. 

''When do said best friends get to kiss though?'' he placed his hands on her hips and pulled her closer to his body. The girl looked at his lips with powerful lust, craving him. ''Now, I guess'' he whispered before his lips crashed into hers, the smoothness sending shivers down his spine. They never knew how much they needed to do this until now. Cassandra melted into him like an ice-cream on a summer day, his tongue so delicious it made her weak to the knees. 

''Come upstairs'' she whispered into his mouth. 

''Oh, sweet girl, let me take you out first. Then you can do whatever you want to me''.