Chapter 18: Buffy

The bearded uncle who Mo Zhen had never seen before stood in front of him. His jaw was circled with a very messy and frizzy deep black beard. When the sun shone on it, it was tinged with a slight gold colour. It was as if he hadn't slept for a very long time. His  sagging down eye sockets were stained with an evident green-black shade of colour, even his pupils seemed to be clouded.

But as he looked at Mo Zhen, his eyes seemed to be extremely serious.

These strange words, if they came into the ears of other people, they would just laugh it off as casual nonsense. But Mo Zhen knew very well, even if it was only casual nonsense, the look in his eyes was way too serious.

He looked up and glanced at the eyes of the bearded uncle. His heart had no reason to panic, yet it did. However, Mo Zhen was an actor through and through. During this critical moment Mo Zhen had used his heaven-defying acting skills to conceal his restless heart.

The black pupils gradually dyed a layer of faint ridicule. Even his rose-colored lips laughed in an expression that seemed to treat this as if the person in front of him was madman, "I am sorry, but I do not believe in them."

Mo Zhen's reaction made the bearded uncle very surprised. He  bit his lips and continued to look straightforwardly at Mo Zhen: "Mr. Mo, I did not come to trick you, nor to deceive you. Although this sounds a bit ridiculous, please believe in my professional judgement. "

"Ah," Mo Zhen sneered, "But I do believe in the powers of a mental hospital."

"Ai, I'm not really sick." The bearded uncle tapped his fingers on his thighs impatiently, as if he was in a hurry. He raised his finger and pointed to Mo Zhen's side, and said, "She should be here, and it should be a ghost."

The root of the rough index finger pointed to where Ah Yao was roughly floating around.

Ah Yao stared blankly at the finger, she then stretched out her hands and waved them in front of the bearded uncle "You can see me?"

But the bearded uncle did not respond. It was obvious that he was unable to see Ah Yao.

Mo Zhen put down the lunch box in his hands and stood up from his chair, "Sir, if you still want to play around like this, I will call the police."

Hearing this threat, the bearded uncle had already heard these words multiple times before. He quickly pulled an object from his pocket and put it into his hands. Ah Yao looked closely and discovered that the object in his hands was a yellow talisman.

Her heart had some mixed feelings, an uncle who sold lunchboxes could bring out a yellow talisman?! It would've made more sense if he had brought out a pot instead!

Even Mo Zhen was surprised for a moment. Not waiting for him to react, the bearded uncle had already murmured a quick spell and then flung the yellow talisman in the air. The yellow talisman began to catch on fire in mid-air.

"Ah!" The fire the yellow talisman emitted was very bright and blinding, Ah Yao quickly covered her eyes with her arm, but it was already too late. Her drifting figure gradually became unstable and finally, she suddenly disappeared into thin air.

Mo Zhen's heart tightened. With  a clang, he abruptly stood up from his chair in shock. Ah Yao had disappeared very thoroughly, not even a single hair on her head was left.

Mo Zhen's reaction to this scene was not small at all. It was as if something had been fired off in his brain, and it felt scorching hot. He turned and looked at the uncle's beard in a fiery rage, "What are you doing? Are you now using these tricks to deceive me?"

Mo Zhen's figure was at least a head taller than the bearded uncle. As he stood in front of him, his shadow fell onto the bearded uncle's body. The bearded uncle's eyes turned black. Being looked down upon and despised by someone much taller than you did not feel very good.