Chapter 37: Wake

When Li Yan woke up, the sky outside the window was dark.

She opened her eyes slightly. Her line of sight was no longer vague, and she could finally clearly see her surroundings.

White walls, white lights and white curtains.

The air had the scent of disinfectant, the unique smell of every hospital.

Chen Qingyang was sitting at her bedside, reading a novel. Li Yan's grandfather had just left. Li Yan's unpredictable situation had made him age a lot in these past months.

"Cough, cough, shampoo... " Li Yan's voice was very light. It was so dry that it felt a little numb, like a desert that had experience a long drought... Even the slightest collision could create a spark.

Chen Qingyang's hand that was holding her book froze. Did she just hear Da Li's voice?

Unconsciously swallowing her saliva, Chen Qingyang nervously looked up. Li Yan's large black eyes blinked and stared at her.

The book in Chen Qingyang's hands fell to the ground with a "crash" noise as she almost ran into Li Yan's arms: "Da Li, you woke up! Or am I dreaming?!"

"Cough... " Li Yan coughed a few times, the sound of her voice was weaker than before, "I want to drink water... "

"Water, water!" Chen Qingyang stood up straight and immediately and rushed to get water, "No! No, I should find a doctor first, Doctor Fang!"

When Chen Qingyang ran to find the doctor, the wind in the ward seemed to pick up with her.

Li Yan: "..."

Doctor Fang arrived very quickly, bringing with him a group of white coated nurses. After doing a series of check ups, the doctor was finally relieved and said to Chen Qingyang: "The patient is now awake and we will do a detailed physical examination for her. You quickly notify her family."

Ah! Inform the family!

Chen Qingyang went to the corridor and took out her phone.

"Xiang Xiang Xiang Xiang Gongzi, Da Li has woken up!" Right when the phone was connected, Chen Qingyang shouted across the phone in a passionate manner.

The other side of the phone was silent for a moment, and then hung up.

Chen Qingyang: "..."

As she stood alone in the open corridor, she suddenly felt a little cold.

After notifying Li Yan's family, Chen Qingyang finally remembered that she was supposed to pour some water for Li Yan.

When she walked into Li Yan's ward once again, Li Yan was staring at the white ceiling, unmoving. Chen Qingyang's mouth moved as she walked to Li Yan's side: "If you're like this in a hospital, you might be mistaken for a corpse."

Li Yan: "..."

She continued to look at the ceiling.

Chen Qingyang gave her a cup of warm water and pushed it towards her mouth until Li Yan could no longer silently protest: "Shampoo, what happened to me?"

Chen Qingyang put down the cup and turned to stare at her: "You have the nerve to even ask? You tell me, how old are you this year? To fall down the stairs at this age!"

Li Yan raised her eyebrows. Yes, she did fall down the stairs, but...

She felt her head hurt a little as she stared at Chen Qingyang: "How long did I sleep?"

"Half a year, lazy!"

Li Yan opened her mouth, preparing to speak when the ward's door was abruptly pushed open with force. The sound of the impact almost made Li Yan jump.