Chapter 42: The Truth

"My name is Li Yan, 22 years old, graduated from the A City University Department of Chinese... " Li Yan was still currently trapped in a strange situation, but in order to be able to go to the bathroom, she obediently introduced herself.

Mo Zhen sat on the right side of Tang Qiang. From the beginning to the end, he did not listen to a word Li Yan was saying, instead his eyes focused on that small mouth that kept talking.

Her hairstyle had returned to the hairstyle Mo Zhen was very familiar with. It seemed that she particularly liked this hairstyle. The colour in her face was better than the time he saw her in the hospital by a thousand times, and because she had been running, her cheeks had a glowy luster in them as if one pinch could make water flow. Although her long eyelashes were trembling, her eyes were still as clear as water. As if the entire world around her had quieted down.

It has been a long time since he had seen her like this.

But before today, even if it was in a dream, he never would've imagined that Li Yan would appear here.

Tang Qiang raised his eyebrows after listening to Li Yan's introduction. How was the HR department working these days? To be even considered for the job of Mo Zhen's assistant, the two most basic conditions were relevant work experience and also being introduced by an acquaintance.

This girl was not only not introduced by an acquaintance, her work experience was also blank. How in the world did she get here in the first place?

At first he had thought that she was one of Mo Zhen's fan who had snuck in, but using his current judgement, he could tell that this girl was not Mo Zhen's fan, not to mention that when he said that he was recruiting an assistant she did not even ask which celebrity she would be assisting!

He looked at Mo Zhen's profile. Although Mo Zhen was wearing a large pair of sunglasses that almost covered his entire face, Tang Qiang could still see his expression. Seeing that Mo Zhen did not want to speak, he coughed embarrassingly a few times and turned to look at Li Yan: "You said that you graduated in June last year. It's now almost been a year. Why haven't you found a job yet?"

Originally, he wanted to find a reason to send the girl out, but seeing that Mo Zhen was silent, he did not feel it was morally right to force someone out. Not to mention, he had deliberately dragged Mo Zhen to participate in the interview for the sole reason of letting him personally choose the candidates. If the new assistant ended up as insane as Xiao Xi did, this responsibility would not land on his head, and later, when Mo Zhen wanted to dismiss the assistant, he can confidently say: "But you picked them yourself!"

Thinking about it, he found that he was a very smart person!

Li Yan listened to Tang Qiang's question and with a dazed expression, she answered: "It was because I was sick before, I only recovered a while ago. But you can be rest assured that I do not have an infectious disease, and I will not transmit it to you!"

Tang Qiang bit his lip: "How's your physical condition right now?"

"Very good! Even if I ran a marathon there would be no problem!"

Tang Qiang: "..."

He coughed twice, and then asked, "Can you cook?"

"Will!" He only asked if she could cook, he did not ask whether it was good or not!

"Can you drive?"

"Will!" During Freshman year summer vacation, she and Shampoo both went to test for their driving licenses, but it's been years since she's driven a car!

Tang Qiang no longer asked questions and Li Yan looked forward as she stared at him. Answering so well, she must have definitely earned her spot in the fight to go to the bathroom!